•  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Thinking

Illustrated Guide to Floating Housing Items

This guide will help you learn how to float housing items. This method can be used in many ways and I recommend you try easier housing glitches before attempting this

Step 1- Acquire the following rugs: Ornate Oval Rug and Large Patterned Rug (shown below)

Step 2- Place the oval rug down as shown

Step 3- Hover the Large Patterned Rug over the Ornate Oval Rug as shown. DO NOT PLACE THE LARGE PATTERNED RUG

Step 4- Rotate the mouse wheel. Your screen should now show this. Remember, do not click any buttons on the mouse.

Step 5- When you move your mouse, the large patterned rug should move with it. Move it to a more elevated area, like a wall or another tall housing item.

Step 6- When you are comfortable with the height you want, simply rotate the mouse wheel again, and the oval rug should appear.

To move it away from the wall move the patterned rug (which should still move with your mouse) a little forward so it is on top of the oval rug.

Rotate the mouse wheel again and the oval rug will move closer to the large patterned rug.

Step 7- When the oval rug is where you want your floating item to be, right click and you should see the following. You can now place small items on this rug.

**Note- Simply going inside/outside your house will reset the oval rug to its original position so do not attempt to remove the rug on your own. Simply changing areas will put it back where you originally placed it.

FOR LARGER ITEMS:

Step 8- With the oval rug still hovering over where you want your item to be, place down the patterned rug elsewhere. (Remember to right click in step 7 or this will not work)

Step 9- Place the item you want floated on top of the patterned rug.

Step 10- Move the patterned rug over to oval rug and place it on the oval rug. It is important to note that the Large Patterned Rug MUST be at the SAME ANGLE as the Ornate Oval rug for it to be able to be placed.

Step 11- Enter your house and then exit again. If you have done everything correctly you should see the following.

Step 12- To remove the Large Patterned Rug, get another rug, and use rotation to move it away from your floated item. Do not worry if the item moves too, as long as it is away from the rug it won't affect anything. Once the rug is away from any items, simply pick it up.

Step 13- Go inside your house and then back outside. You should now see your floating item.

This glitch can be difficult to master, but once you get the hang of it, the sky is the limit! Be creative!

Illustrated Guide to Companion Promotions, Illustrated Guide to Crowns Companions

"Don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins"

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cret92 For This Useful Post:

11ghostnappa11 (03-09-2014),Adrian Silver (01-11-2014),amanda17 (06-25-2014),bestbrigain (09-19-2016),CaptainPowwow (09-12-2016),CSHildebrand (01-11-2014),darth sidious (06-25-2014),HelpfulAuroraParker (11-29-2017),Paige MoonShade (01-11-2014),The hun (01-11-2014),the Undead Obeah (05-23-2014),The Z (01-11-2014)

Adrian Silver is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Sneaky

Re: Illustrated Guide to Floating Housing Items

Just a pro tip when doing big projects with this glitch, when picking up the invisible rug you use to place things on, do it far from any housing items and make sure you have space. Sometimes scrolling underneath other housing items may make those items also spin with your rug, and you wouldn't want that. If that happens you would go back inside your house and outside to "refresh the area". It could get very annoying when there are so many things right next to each other.

A trick you can use when making floors of rugs is to remember to use the same rugs first (some don't work for floor rugs) is to place one rug floating in a specific direction, then get two rugs stuck to each other and place one rug inside the first one you placed. Once you got a bunch of those, you probably might have run out of tons of rugs, but if you have one left, just drag it to any rug, spin, and spin it somewhere else, and do that for all the rugs until you are left with the ones that were below the rugs, then you can just remove those and refresh the area by going in and out of your house and tada!

It may be a little hard to understand, but basically you have to tear down your entire glitch castle to just put that ONE last rug wherever you really want it to be, and then refresh the area and everything is in place!

There are also a way you can use rugs (the same way you do it in wizard101) to randomly float up extremely fast like a magic carpet.

And finally, if a big object doesn't fit on the rug, just attach a rug to it (barely touching), leave that, do the glitch this guide shows us to make the invisible rug wherever you want the big object to be placed (make sure it is the same rug or similar), and then place it on the invisible rug and tada! You have a floating carousel or tree house (too bad they aren't in pirate101/= but they work with things like rails with minecarts, giant gates, or other large objects that don't fit in a rug)

You can do the above to make items be "stuck" to each other, forming whatever your mind can think of! (Such as fountains with statues with candles) or using normal objects as wall objects.

Might be a little too confusing but just had to write everything else the guide was sort of missing, hopefully Cret can put this more into detail, I could never explain stuff like this, I just know..

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adrian Silver For This Useful Post:

Cret92 (01-11-2014),CSHildebrand (01-11-2014),HelpfulAuroraParker (11-29-2017),Paige MoonShade (01-11-2014)

CSHildebrand is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• CSHildebrand's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dashing Chris Kidd
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Relaxed

Thank you both very much for this information! You both sure have a lot of knowledge and I appreciate you both sharing with us!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CSHildebrand For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (11-29-2017)

The G Key is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• The G Key's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Friendly Joshua Morgan
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Doh

I have a question. Can this work for other rugs?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The G Key For This Useful Post:

Cret92 is offline Helmsman
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• Cret92's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Merciless Morgrim
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by The G Key View Post
    I have a question. Can this work for other rugs?
    Yes it can. Though as of right now, those two rugs work the best together.

Illustrated Guide to Companion Promotions, Illustrated Guide to Crowns Companions

"Don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cret92 For This Useful Post:

Keena Ironweaver is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Spooky

Cool. I'm glad to see there are glitchmancers in the Skyway. I'm here if anyone needs advanced glitch help too.
    ‚Äč

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Keena Ironweaver For This Useful Post:

Avery Court Grace is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Woot

Thanks for the guide. It is always fun to find new ways to decorate your house.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Avery Court Grace For This Useful Post: