LucasQuietly is online now Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Which Premium Endgame Dungeon?

My membership ran out, but I have enough crowns to purchase one chapter. My preferred choices are the chapters containing the Tower of Moo Manchu and Kane. I have not done either of these dungeons (I stopped right before Kane and spent the rest of my membership farming for other items), so I wouldn't have any of their gear. I'm a Privateer, if that helps.

Also, are there any other things worth noting about these chapters? For instance, if I purchased chapter 39 for Kane, would that include access to the Calabria skyway, even though I haven't purchased chapter 38?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasQuietly For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-03-2018)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Re: Which Premium Endgame Dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by LucasQuietly View Post
    My membership ran out, but I have enough crowns to purchase one chapter. My preferred choices are the chapters containing the Tower of Moo Manchu and Kane. I have not done either of these dungeons (I stopped right before Kane and spent the rest of my membership farming for other items), so I wouldn't have any of their gear. I'm a Privateer, if that helps.

Also, are there any other things worth noting about these chapters? For instance, if I purchased chapter 39 for Kane, would that include access to the Calabria skyway, even though I haven't purchased chapter 38?
    It depends on what gear you want. Since you are a privateer, I would go with Kane. The privateer gear from this dungeon offers a boon power, which is pretty useful. Upon this, aesthetically the privateer gear is great imo. The privateer gear for moo is pretty good as well, but in my opinion, only in a scratch team setting. See my final point below. If you are using melee strategies, the Kane would be better as Boon would be useful.

I have purchased both chapters. For the tower chapter, you only get access to Subata skyway. You do not get access to Hamamitsu, which means you can not transportalate into Mooshu. Your best bet would be to port to a member in Subata skyway if you want to do the tower.

For the Kane chapter, you get access to the entire Calabria skyway. However, do not quote me on this, I don't think you may have access to Florenza, so you would not be able to transportalate to Valencia II.

Additional things to note:

-The tower is quite a stressful and long dungeon, which is often unrewarding. Nefarious gear is quite rare to come across, and Imperial gear probably may not even drop due to a possible glitch. However, the group plunder chests in level 4 and 7 ALWAYS drop your class gear. But after 5-6 tower runs, you should have gotten all the relevant privy gear. Note that such gear is separate from nefarious and imperial drops.

-Kane drops are much more frequent, and from my experience, privateer gear is the most common to drop.

-The tower has great drop rates for obsidian keys.

-The best PvE privateers I have met actually have a mix of Kane and Moo gear. Having one boon power and some moo privateer gear is quite good. For example this shirt: http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki...rd%27s_O-Yoroi is one that drops from moo, and can be very useful in all scratch team.

-If you are running with a scratch based 4 player team (where most members use scracth), then I would actually say Moo privateer gear is superior to Kane privateer gear.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 12-02-2018 at 09:59 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-03-2018),LucasQuietly (12-02-2018)

ToonTown565 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• ToonTown565's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Two Faced Terry Cog
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Kane. imo only people that benefit from his gear is Privateers, for 4/5 classes, moo gear is just better sadly imo, Privateers get Boon, and pairing boon with htl gear wise is very nice.
    3/5 Characters maxxed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToonTown565 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-03-2018)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I would actually say Moo Manchu because the drop rates are low since you will have a lot of time to farm it. With Kane once you get the gear, that's it and you'll be bored.

Who said this game was easy?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CompanionMechanics For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-03-2018),monkeycrew (12-03-2018)