Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Wooden Key Farming

I tried Santa Rana in Santo Pollo (Rodrigo's place) assuming the quick dungeon entrance would be a benefit, but out of 15 tries, not a single wooden key.

However, just one run of Castillo Sapo netted me three wooden keys.

That's the best place I've found so far. Please let me know if another place is better.
    Last edited by Kingurz; 12-24-2018 at 12:07 AM.

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Re: Wooden Key Farming

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    I tried Santa Rana in Santo Pollo (Rodrigo's place) assuming the quick dungeon entrance would be a benefit, but out of 15 tries, not a single wooden key.

However, just one run of Castillo Sapo netted me three wooden keys.

That's the best place I've found so far. Please let me know if another place is better.
    Honestly, I do not think there is a best place. When I did Kane the other day, I got 5 gold keys from one single run (a 2-2-1 respect to the fight). Then I got 2 more gold keys from Kane the next time round, but nothing from this fight since.

I assume the logic extends to all keys, including your wooden ones. I bet you some pirate out there got tonnes of wooden keys from santa-rana and perhaps thinks that this is the gold mine (or wood mine) for keys.

There is no way to determine a "best" dungeon from just one experience. You would need tonnes of data from multiple pirates and create a distribution to estimate which one is the best.

Avery Court Grace is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Woot

I would have to say the best place for finding wood keys is the ancient tunnels crawle crabs...they are defeated super fast drop keys a lot and dont drop junk just gold and keys so no trashing junk.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avery Court Grace For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (12-26-2018),Kingurz (12-25-2018),Willowdreamer (12-25-2018)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

There is a great thread over on the official forums by Lookit Light where everyone is posting good key farming locations. I've tried Squinty myself and that has dropped a wooden key every time I've ran the dungeon. This area is much faster farming than Santa Rana. The only issues with Squinty is that it requires side quests to access (so not immediately available), also if you want to do drop farming for gold at the same time, the drops are not as abundant as Santa Rana.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/mess...67b40e07fb2861
    Last edited by Kingurz; 12-25-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    There is a great thread over on the official forums by Lookit Light where everyone is posting good key farming locations. I've tried Squinty myself and that has dropped a wooden key every time I've ran the dungeon. This area is much faster farming than Santa Rana. The only issues with Squinty is that it requires side quests to access (so not immediately available), also if you want to do drop farming for gold at the same time, the drops are not as abundant as Santa Rana.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/mess...67b40e07fb2861
    Squinty is not very generous for me. Dan Drake, on the other hand, because I can repeat the battle immediately by going for Burly's chest, seems to drop keys more often.

That being said, I've noticed that other players have been pretty generous about using their keys and just taking me along on the sigil.

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Skull island extended story bosses like floating dutchman instances have been pretty generous with key drop as all fights have a fair chance. And because it tends to be popular for low levels to team up it easy to go in two at a time at a decent rate. Minus the two damage capped enemies it a cake walk.