•  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Gold Key question

Hi there, I do not play w101 (so apologies if some of my further comments are flawed) but I hear they have seasonal fight things, like their own variation of Krampus. I do not fully understand the skeleton key system in w101 that well but I know that there are various skeleton fights in different areas.

Does using a gold/wood/stone key apply to other fights similar to Krampus? For example, would a gold key work in krampus, but also work, in lets say, a spooky halloween dungeon? Or do you need some other variation- continuing on from the Halloween example, would you need something like emerald, ruby, and diamond keys instead of wood, stone, and gold keys?

I am asking this in case p101 also has future event key boss fights that are not the Krampus fights. I have 30 gold keys occupying a hefty amount of bank space and I am thinking of trashing most of it.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 12-29-2018 at 03:36 AM. Reason: clarity

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

RealDux (12-29-2018),Willowdreamer (12-29-2018)

RealDux is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Re: Gold Key question

You can always employ a 6th character and just have'em store stuff like a horse carrier. That frees up 300 slots plus anything you place in the bunkhouse.

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (12-29-2018)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    Hi there, I do not play w101 (so apologies if some of my further comments are flawed) but I hear they have seasonal fight things, like their own variation of Krampus. I do not fully understand the skeleton key system in w101 that well but I know that there are various skeleton fights in different areas.

Does using a gold/wood/stone key apply to other fights similar to Krampus? For example, would a gold key work in krampus, but also work, in lets say, a spooky halloween dungeon? Or do you need some other variation- continuing on from the Halloween example, would you need something like emerald, ruby, and diamond keys instead of wood, stone, and gold keys?

I am asking this in case p101 also has future event key boss fights that are not the Krampus fights. I have 30 gold keys occupying a hefty amount of bank space and I am thinking of trashing most of it.
    No, even in Wizard101, higher level keys do not open lower level key locks -- you have to have the correct key to open the location. In Wizard101, the key bosses are scattered around the various worlds. Sometimes they aren't even battles, just a huge treasure chest that you interact with when you open the locked location.

I would say save your keys, because I am hoping that they WILL in fact open up some key locations for Pirates in a few of the various caves or doors around the piratin' side of the Spiral. Wood keys will probably work in Skull Island and Monquista and Cool Ranch, Stone keys in Mooshu and Marleybone and then Gold keys in Aquila and Calabria Skyway.

Do you have any room in your Attic, or as suggested above, on a spare character slot?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (12-30-2018)

StormyMarcusParker is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post

Why don't you put the keys on a wall inside a house instead putting them into your bank.
    Swashbuckler, Stormy Marcus Parker lvl 70 - Privateer, Tyler Parker lvl 65
    Look into my red eyes and see what's inside. Started playing Pirate101 on 11/24/12.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StormyMarcusParker For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (12-30-2018),Willowdreamer (12-29-2018)

Swordroll is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I think the answer to your questions is yes, other bosses may be accessed with these keys, so I wouldn't trash them. In Wizard101, Krampus came much later on and there were other Wooden, Stone, and Gold Key bosses. In Pirate101, they started with Krampus and added Obsidian Keys, but I assume they will include other bosses for these keys in the future.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swordroll For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (12-30-2018),Willowdreamer (12-29-2018)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Swordroll View Post
    I think the answer to your questions is yes, other bosses may be accessed with these keys, so I wouldn't trash them. In Wizard101, Krampus came much later on and there were other Wooden, Stone, and Gold Key bosses. In Pirate101, they started with Krampus and added Obsidian Keys, but I assume they will include other bosses for these keys in the future.
    Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by StormyMarcusParker View Post
    Why don't you put the keys on a wall inside a house instead putting them into your bank.
    Cause the next thing I know is that they will start turning upside down and Krampus wont be the only demon to worry about this season. My witchdoctor house is spooky as is haha

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

StormyMarcusParker (12-30-2018),Willowdreamer (12-30-2018)