sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

The generosity of the 12 days of the spiral

I got 250 crowns this year. I ain't greedy or anything. Just confused. Why does the 12 days of the spiral get worse every year? Like in 2016 I think it was. There was this crown thing where you gained crowns for walking around right? And it lasted the whole week. I might be confused with another game but 99.99% sure it was wiz and pirate. Anyhow. Point is. You use to be able to get more packs and crowns and what not. Now it was pretty much just house items. I think the reason the 12 days of the spiral gets worse every year is due to lack of players? (less money) Idk.

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (12-23-2019),Crushcut (12-23-2019),GoldenGuardian (12-22-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (12-22-2019),Willowdreamer (12-21-2019)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Re: The generosity of the 12 days of the spiral

Usually, the free crowns would be the "13th" day. I was sort of miffed about the art contest (I've been doing it for the past 2 years) because instead of a template you have to create something yourself, completely on your own. Now that may seem like a better move for "more creativity", but why? Why just think of a new prompt and give no specific insight whatsoever?

Ya, I was sorta disappointed too. Useless housing and ONE grizzly and armada pack is all we basically got :/

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (12-23-2019),Crushcut (12-23-2019),GoldenGuardian (12-22-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (12-22-2019),Phenoixblizzard (12-24-2019),Willowdreamer (12-21-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Yeah I agree. 250 crowns isn't too big a deal, would be nice if minimum limit was 500 instead. Packs have gotten worse as well, most of them are now 95% junk furniture drops, and it wasn't like this years ago- back then you could get 3+ weapons a pack!

As for crowns, pretty annoyed that the earn crowns video button is gone. I heard it is still there on wiz, and if that is true the to be honest i feel like if I redeemed the crown code via the wizard101 website instead I would have higher chance of getting more crowns because as implied from the video button, w101 gets more access to crowns.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (12-23-2019),Crushcut (12-23-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (12-22-2019),monkeycrew (12-22-2019),Phenoixblizzard (12-22-2019),Willowdreamer (12-22-2019)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticjoseph View Post
    I got 250 crowns this year. I ain't greedy or anything. Just confused. Why does the 12 days of the spiral get worse every year? Like in 2016 I think it was. There was this crown thing where you gained crowns for walking around right? And it lasted the whole week. I might be confused with another game but 99.99% sure it was wiz and pirate. Anyhow. Point is. You use to be able to get more packs and crowns and what not. Now it was pretty much just house items. I think the reason the 12 days of the spiral gets worse every year is due to lack of players? (less money) Idk.
    You are confused with another game. Pirate101, nor Wizard101, has never given Crowns for walking around.

Actually, the 12 Days of the Spiral has remained pretty much the same in terms of format (with the exception of the "13th surprise day" they use to do a few years ago). It has gotten worse for Pirate101, only in the fact there is way less special items to buy for Yuletide or no new packs to get as rewards like in Wizard101 over the last five years. It's also getting worse from the standpoint, that the longer a player plays the game, the more that the "rewards" are recycled so they seem less valuable (how many snowmen or snow eye patches do the long time players have???). Your seventh 12 Days is not like your first.....
    Last edited by Kingurz; 12-22-2019 at 08:55 AM.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (12-23-2019),Crushcut (12-23-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (12-22-2019),monkeycrew (12-22-2019),Phenoixblizzard (12-22-2019),Siemforlife (12-25-2019),Willowdreamer (12-22-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    You are confused with another game. Pirate101, nor Wizard101, has never given Crowns for walking around.

Actually, the 12 Days of the Spiral has remained pretty much the same in terms of format (with the exception of the "13th surprise day" they use to do a few years ago). It has gotten worse for Pirate101, only in the fact there is way less special items to buy for Yuletide or no new packs to get as rewards like in Wizard101 over the last five years. It's also getting worse from the standpoint, that the longer a player plays the game, the more that the "rewards" are recycled so they seem less valuable (how many snowmen or snow eye patches do the long time players have???). Your seventh 12 Days is not like your first.....
    You're right, for those of us who've been around for a long time, we notice the repetition a lot more. I posted about it on the main site while I still could. The longer we go without any new packs, the worse the older packs seem because we've seen it all before -- often.

I did appreciate them bringing back the Llama mount, but was disappointed that they didn't take the opportunity to give us a Holiday or Winter Turtle.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (12-23-2019),Crushcut (12-23-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (12-22-2019),monkeycrew (12-22-2019),Phenoixblizzard (12-22-2019),sarcasticjoseph (12-22-2019)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

I just hang around for the 12 days for the bundle sales, where you can buy them in bulk the cheapest. As for crowns, a LOT of us ALWAYS get the short end of the stick, too. All I can ever use these measly crowns for is second chance chest and/or stitching. You know what else is less generous over time? Crowns shop sales. You'd think by the least of it, we'd have companions, weapons, mounts, or even GEAR on sale, but nothing outside of Cinco de Mayo. As of this year, they ALSO abolished the Spooky Companion sale AND the previously annual Housing Sales we've had in August. This is utterly disappointing how merciless they can give to us remaining, longtime playing players.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (12-23-2019),monkeycrew (12-23-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Crushcut View Post
    I just hang around for the 12 days for the bundle sales, where you can buy them in bulk the cheapest. As for crowns, a LOT of us ALWAYS get the short end of the stick, too. All I can ever use these measly crowns for is second chance chest and/or stitching. You know what else is less generous over time? Crowns shop sales. You'd think by the least of it, we'd have companions, weapons, mounts, or even GEAR on sale, but nothing outside of Cinco de Mayo. As of this year, they ALSO abolished the Spooky Companion sale AND the previously annual Housing Sales we've had in August. This is utterly disappointing how merciless they can give to us remaining, longtime playing players.

That is just cruel now. If anything, they need to be more generous to long term pirate players. Aside from the sales you mentioned, would be nice if we got 5-6 free booster packs instead of like 2, random potion elixirs, new christmas pets and weapons to buy, and a krampus overhaul.
    and a level cap increase, even if its 1 or 2 levels.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-23-2019),monkeycrew (12-23-2019),Willowdreamer (12-23-2019)

sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    If anything, they need to be more generous to long term pirate players. Aside from the sales you mentioned, would be nice if we got 5-6 free booster packs
    Tbh. Only thing I wanna see again from the 12 days of the spiral in 2020 is the train. Everyone but me got it. I forget when that was, or if it was truly apart of the 12 days of the spiral. All I remember is I still want it to this day. I think I got it on 1 of my wizards but I rarely play wizard101 so that doesn't say much. So yeah. If the 12 days of the spiral brings anything back I hope it's the train.

Who's got the train? ������������

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-24-2019)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Tbh. Only thing I wanna see again from the 12 days of the spiral in 2020 is the train. Everyone but me got it. I forget when that was, or if it was truly apart of the 12 days of the spiral. All I remember is I still want it to this day. I think I got it on 1 of my wizards but I rarely play wizard101 so that doesn't say much. So yeah. If the 12 days of the spiral brings anything back I hope it's the train.

The toy trains come from the Christmas and birthday presents around Skull Island. You can still get one if you spam those presents. If you are referring to the mount, I'm surprised it isn't in the Crown shop for sale now. It was a possible reward from the random prize rewards on the 12 Days.
    Last edited by Kingurz; 12-24-2019 at 08:29 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-24-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

The Polaris Express came out in 2015. As @Kingurz said, it is in the Crown Shop now.

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki...olaris_Express

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (12-24-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast