My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Next KI Live - Thursday, January 31 2019 4 pm US Central Time

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    I can't seem to get the video to play for me. Not here or on you tube so no idea what was said or played
    Well, that's odd -- think it could be your browser?

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Well, that's odd -- think it could be your browser?
    No Idea - I can play every other You tube video including @Stephanie Dawnheart video's (which I do watch and am a subscriber ) Maybe KI just doesn't like me

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (02-04-2019),Willowdreamer (02-04-2019)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

@luvs2sleepalot The KI Live doesn't actually start until 4 mins 16 seconds into the video. Maybe that's the issue? :P

Another possibility is that their video is 1 hour 39 minutes long, which could take some time to download. Most of mine are around 20 mins
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

luvs2sleepalot (02-04-2019),Willowdreamer (02-04-2019)

Virtuous Vanessa is offline KingsIsle
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I finally watched the video, so now I know what Vanessa meant. The team seems to think that pet sparring is a quick thing to do for a KI Live - I know Tom did it quite a few times, but its not all that quick (or exciting, to me, sorry @Virtuous Vanessa). I've only really ever been able to do the practice matches against Decius' pets for the badges because the matching system never finds any other pets even if I have a second person standing there ready to battle. (They should also add another Pet Sparring Badge for 100 matches or something -- that would draw the badge collectors back, at least.)

I agree that having the pets on a battleboard rather than just moving around in the arena would make more sense from a consistency standpoint. That's what Pirate players are used to. Concentrating on "Cheering" properly, I miss what's going on in the battle anyway, and then I'm surprised when a pet is defeated. Not being able to control which of the opponent pets are attacked during a turn is also frustrating. There is just too much AI involved and not enough Player decision.
    @Bat Masterson? What do you think of pet sparring?
    Completely understandable! I know a lot of people feel the same way about pet derby in Wizard101. The great thing about Wizard and Pirate is that there are a ton of different things that people can latch on to and have a passion for. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with pet sparring, but that's partially because of the problem you highlighted in your post. Either way, it was nice to see them try pirate first for a change.
    Avatar by KingsIsle’s Jeff Toney

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Virtuous Vanessa For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (02-04-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    @luvs2sleepalot The KI Live doesn't actually start until 4 mins 16 seconds into the video. Maybe that's the issue? :P
    That WAS the issue! As soon as i manually moved the cursor to 4 min 16 (actually 20 but whose counting) it started moving!

Thanks!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (02-06-2019),Willowdreamer (02-05-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I finally watched the video, so now I know what Vanessa meant. The team seems to think that pet sparring is a quick thing to do for a KI Live - I know Tom did it quite a few times, but its not all that quick (or exciting, to me, sorry @Virtuous Vanessa). I've only really ever been able to do the practice matches against Decius' pets for the badges because the matching system never finds any other pets even if I have a second person standing there ready to battle. (They should also add another Pet Sparring Badge for 100 matches or something -- that would draw the badge collectors back, at least.)

I agree that having the pets on a battleboard rather than just moving around in the arena would make more sense from a consistency standpoint. That's what Pirate players are used to. Concentrating on "Cheering" properly, I miss what's going on in the battle anyway, and then I'm surprised when a pet is defeated. Not being able to control which of the opponent pets are attacked during a turn is also frustrating. There is just too much AI involved and not enough Player decision.
    @Bat Masterson? What do you think of pet sparring?
    Personally? I love pet sparring, it's a great idea... should we try it out on KI Lives? How long do you think it would take?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat Masterson For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-15-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Masterson View Post
    Personally? I love pet sparring, it's a great idea... should we try it out on KI Lives? How long do you think it would take?
    I'm happy to hear you enjoy pet sparring, but I'd rather you did something else. The matching alone burns 5 minutes or so, and if I recall correctly, last time they tried it, they didn't get a match for some reason.

Now that you have finished the Presidio and gotten your parents' skiff, you can find some nice side quests around Skull Island, like maybe try one of the Party Barge quests -- to showcase gameplay rather than heading back to Circus Maximus. People also enjoy sinking ships, since more than 4 can participate at one time. Let's have a "wolf pack" and sink some boss ships.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (04-23-2019),Crushcut (03-15-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12