Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51
  1. #1
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,731
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,182
    Thanks (Received)
    8,248
    Gold
    1,877
    Fine

    Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	friendshipfestivalbanner.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	75435

    Pirate101 Wiki Image Upload Contest


    Lasting from February 17 at 1pm Eastern Time (Noon Central) to February 28 at 7pm Eastern Time (6 pm Central).

    There are a few thousand pages in the Wiki that need new or updated images and information.
    To help remove many of these "Image Stubs," the Wiki Masters are running this contest
    and giving prizes to those who can eliminate the greatest number of Image Stubs! To open the contest up to those who may not be confident with making wiki edits, we are going to allow TEAMS!

    Rules

    1) Form a team with another member here at Pirate101 Central, and post in this thread the names on your team. One member can post screenshots in this thread, while the other can upload Images that are currently missing (appear as red links) or are outdated in the Wiki, or make other edits, such as drops or missing information, as supported by their teammates' screenshots. A member can only be a part of one team in this contest.
    2) Images uploaded must be proper format, .png files.
    3) You must categorize the images you upload correctly.
    4) Images must be cropped to a decent size and be decent resolution screen captures. No editing or artwork should be added to any image.
    5) No copying others' images, or making changes from other teams' posts, or no points will be awarded.
    6) Each correctly uploaded image will give 3 points, and other wiki edits 1 point. The winners will be those that have accumulated the most points, as determined by the Wiki Masters official tally.

    **Points will be awarded at the discretion of the Wiki Masters as we patrol the changes. If we feel an image is not of sufficient quality, or was an unnecessary replacement, we will delete the picture and points will not be given.



    Prizes

    First Prize: 10,000 Crowns and a Spirit of Friendship pet
    Second Prize: 5,000 Crowns and a Beetle My Valentine Pet
    Third Prize: Fulminate Horn



    Basic instructions on creating and uploading Images can be found in this Image Editing Guide.

    Another breakdown of Image Categories can be found in this Image Category Table.

    Images that are needed in the Wiki can be found at Category:Image Stubs.
    (Not all pages needing images may be listed)

    Discussion and questions for this contest should be put in this thread.

    Standings will be updated as we are able.



    Many thanks to Jester and Olivia for creating this great site, and giving us the opportunity to offer these wonderful prizes from Kingsisle.
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 02-17-2019 at 12:16 PM.




  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    CaptainPowwow (02-08-2019),EthanTG (02-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),LegendaryM7 (02-23-2019),Stephanie (02-17-2019)




  3. #2
    Logan's Avatar
       Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    221
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    81
    Thanks (Received)
    473
    Gold
    11
    Tired

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Is it possible to do both solo? Dont think i have a partner and i usually prefer to do the work solo more.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion



  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),Stephanie (02-19-2019),Willowdreamer (02-18-2019)


  5. #3
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,731
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,182
    Thanks (Received)
    8,248
    Gold
    1,877
    Fine

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Is it possible to do both solo? Dont think i have a partner and i usually prefer to do the work solo more.
    Well, the rationale behind the team idea was to give those who feel unable to do their own edits a chance at the contest by partnering up with someone who CAN edit. We weren't really going to look at how "even" the workload ends up.

    If someone does post that they'd like to partner with you here and don't have another partner, are you open to that?





  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019)


  7. #4
    monkeycrew's Avatar
       monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    663
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    605
    Thanks (Received)
    1,018
    Gold
    78
    Dreaming

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Well, the rationale behind the team idea was to give those who feel unable to do their own edits a chance at the contest by partnering up with someone who CAN edit. We weren't really going to look at how "even" the workload ends up.

    If someone does post that they'd like to partner with you here and don't have another partner, are you open to that?

    I'd be willing if he wants to.

    Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70



  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),Logan (02-19-2019),Willowdreamer (02-19-2019)


  9. #5
    Logan's Avatar
       Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    221
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    81
    Thanks (Received)
    473
    Gold
    11
    Tired

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    I'd be willing if he wants to.
    You got my answer. Excellent. Time to fill these empty image stubs.


    Also, @Willowdreamer some image stubs are actually with images and complete but however they still show as needing an image in the Categories Image Stubs.
    Last edited by Logan; 02-19-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion



  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),monkeycrew (02-20-2019),Willowdreamer (02-19-2019)


  11. #6
    Stephanie's Avatar
       Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    332
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,138
    Thanks (Received)
    777
    Gold
    64

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    I was about to ask the same question as Logan ^^; I usually edit the wiki on my own too when I come across something that's missing.


    Here's an idea: How about have an option to participate solo, with points calculated like this?

    - Post a screenshot of needed info in this thread. (worth 1 point)
    - Use someone's screenshot from this thread to make an edit in the wiki. Whoever is using the screenshot should thank the post to let others know that they are already working on it. (worth 1 point)
    - Use your own screenshot to make an edit in the wiki. (worth 2 points)
    Last edited by Stephanie; 02-19-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101



  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),Willowdreamer (02-19-2019)


  13. #7
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,731
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,182
    Thanks (Received)
    8,248
    Gold
    1,877
    Fine

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    You got my answer. Excellent. Time to fill these empty image stubs.


    Also, @Willowdreamer some image stubs are actually with images and complete but however they still show as needing an image in the Categories Image Stubs.
    I'm sorry, that happens to me occasionally as well. I'm not sure why that is, but there are plenty of real stubs to work with for the contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I was about to ask the same question as Logan ^^; I usually edit the wiki on my own too when I come across something that's missing.


    Here's an idea: How about have an option to participate solo, with points calculated like this?

    - Post a screenshot of needed info in this thread. (worth 1 point)
    - Use someone's screenshot from this thread to make an edit in the wiki. Whoever is using the screenshot should thank the post to let others know that they are already working on it. (worth 1 point)
    - Use your own screenshot to make an edit in the wiki. (worth 2 points)
    Well, if no one else steps forward like monkeycrew and Logan, I guess we can allow a team of one, but if someone else does post that they would like to partner with you so that you can make their edits, are you open to that?

    Any brand new members want to join Stephanie's team?





  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),Stephanie (02-19-2019)


  15. #8
    Logan's Avatar
       Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    221
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    81
    Thanks (Received)
    473
    Gold
    11
    Tired

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Alright. @monkeycrew and I then. I also uploaded over 31 missing images for missing items.
    Last edited by Logan; 02-19-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion



  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),monkeycrew (02-20-2019),Willowdreamer (02-19-2019)


  17. #9
    Stephanie's Avatar
       Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    332
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,138
    Thanks (Received)
    777
    Gold
    64

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Well, if no one else steps forward like monkeycrew and Logan, I guess we can allow a team of one, but if someone else does post that they would like to partner with you so that you can make their edits, are you open to that?
    Any brand new members want to join Stephanie's team?
    Sure, I'd be open to that.

    I guess I'm also just saying that if anyone has screenshots to contribute but is shy about finding a teammate, they can also just post and be included in the contest as well.

    Maybe we can also have a random draw prize for any participant to encourage more people to participate, since it is usually the wiki regulars who end up being the most enthusiastic haha.
    Last edited by Stephanie; 02-19-2019 at 11:02 PM.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101



  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019),Willowdreamer (02-19-2019)


  19. #10
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,731
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,182
    Thanks (Received)
    8,248
    Gold
    1,877
    Fine

    Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Sure, I'd be open to that.

    I guess I'm also just saying that if anyone has screenshots to contribute but is shy about finding a teammate, they can also just post and be included in the contest as well.

    Maybe we can also have a random draw prize for any participant to encourage more people to participate, since it is usually the wiki regulars who end up being the most enthusiastic haha.
    Sounds good - just trying to be inclusive.
    @samisanz - want to try this contest?

    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 02-19-2019 at 11:10 PM.




  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (02-24-2019)


Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •