My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Re: Friends Help Friends Edit the Wiki Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    @Logan, if you want to put in truly meaningful work that others will recognize, you need to actually put in the effort to buy the items and display them properly on your character. It also helps if you don't categorize a hat as a boot.

When you spam the wiki with sloppy work and even images that are just flat-out wrong, it creates extra work for the wiki-masters. It means someone has to go in and clean up your mess, delete the wrong images, and re-stub the stubs that you were supposed to help fill.

I hope this helps.
    1- People dont always have gold to spam buy the items like you do, And because simply you do this doesn't mean that others SHOULD follow and do the way you like to do things.
    2- If there's anything messy i actually contact Willow and tell her i messed something up immediately and ask her kindly to remove things
    3- Mistakes happen and i do always edit the category when i can
    4- I did this before. So i know what i'm doing.

"I hope this helps."
    Last edited by Logan; 02-28-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Don't mind me asking but isn't that a bit contradicting to the contest's rule 5 in your OG post in Page 1? Not to mention this rule wasn't included at all in page 1's original rules and stephanie has changed a few of the images i have already uploaded and took me some hard work to find and upload. Least make that rule active from the next wiki contest. Not this one's
    Oh my!

Just to clarify - @Logan, Stephanie is interpreting Rule 5 the way it was intended.

The rule was intended to help if one of your team members had been providing information here in the thread and it was stolen to update the wiki before you had a chance to do the update. However, all of the teammates competing in this contest appear to be strong wiki updaters in their own right, and so are making their own edits. Rule 5 does not apply to replacing images, so my statement is not a contradiction, just a clarification of judging standards.

We aren't deleting the lower resolution images simply because they are lower resolution, but you have to agree they aren't the best they can be. The rules said they need to be "decent," which is a subjective standard, I agree. Those that don't show enough detail will eventually be marked as stubs for replacement with better images, so if Stephanie is replacing yours now, during the contest, it's only fair that she get the points.

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post

The rules said they need to be "decent," which is a subjective standard, I agree. Those that don't show enough detail will eventually be marked as stubs for replacement with better images
    Okay so if the images appear to be decent WITH details enough showing it shouldn't be changed. That's what i wanted to know. Does anything like these for example show enough details @Willowdreamer? To make sure they aren't getting replaced for no absolute reason that is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails garb.PNG   cooora.PNG   shozog.PNG  
    Last edited by Logan; 02-28-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

It's not over until it's over. For example: Any image might be better than no image, but if a low resolution image from the Bazaar or a vendor's selection screen is replaced by a higher resolution screenshot of an actual pirate displaying the gear, the points will go to the higher resolution image. An image with a red "X" showing the pirate cannot equip the item can be replaced by the correct pirate having the image without the red "X" and steal the points.
    Is any higher resolution image better in general? You mentioned that low-resolution Bazaar and vendor selection images can be replaced with higher resolution ones, but what about in general?

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Okay so if the images appear to be decent WITH details enough showing it shouldn't be changed. That's what i wanted to know. Does anything like these for example show enough details @Willowdreamer? To make sure they aren't getting replaced for no absolute reason that is.
    Those images are okay, although I would prefer a tighter crop of the Hat. A screenshot of items like Hats, Outfits and Boots taken in the game with the pirate in front of a neutral background with good lighting is the best. In game is almost always going to be better at showing detail overall than an image from a purchase window. Crown Shop items and PvP weapons have been acceptable from the purchase window because getting them in-game isn't always possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanTG View Post
    Is any higher resolution image better in general? You mentioned that low-resolution Bazaar and vendor selection images can be replaced with higher resolution ones, but what about in general?
    In general, higher resolution is better. We may not all have the same resolution available on our computers, but we can all tell whether an item is being shown in a purchase window versus in-game, or well-lit versus dark and murky.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

EthanTG (02-28-2019),Stephanie (02-28-2019)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

To be fair most of his images ARE clear and legible. Unless they aren't they should be counted.

(I may be late to this but putting in my two cents for my team partner.)

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Logan (02-28-2019),Willowdreamer (02-28-2019)

LegendaryM7 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• LegendaryM7's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Killian Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Proof that Black Lotus Charm is a Charm (was previously a Totem on the wiki):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2019-02-28 16-07-15-004.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	75491

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LegendaryM7 For This Useful Post:

EthanTG (02-28-2019),monkeycrew (02-28-2019),Stephanie (02-28-2019),Willowdreamer (02-28-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Okay, that's the end of the contest -- thanks to all participants for their efforts.

The wiki benefited greatly from the enthusiasm of our teams, that's for sure.

Please be patient for the results due to the number of edits and uploads that we need to review.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

CaptainPowwow (03-02-2019),EthanTG (03-01-2019),LegendaryM7 (03-02-2019),Logan (03-02-2019),monkeycrew (03-01-2019),Stephanie (03-01-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

The results are in, and here are the standings:

In Third Place, with 998 points -- Team @Stephanie (914) and @RealDux (84)

In Second Place, with 1644 points -- Team @LegendaryM7 (1168) and @EthanTG (476)

AND In First Place, with 3282 points -- Team @Logan (1968) and @monkeycrew (1314)

Congratulations to everyone, and we thank you for reducing the number of missing wiki images by almost 2,000!

EDIT: If you are a contest winner, please be sure to have space available to receive a private message with your prize code.
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 03-07-2019 at 11:02 AM.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

CaptainPowwow (03-12-2019),EthanTG (03-08-2019),LegendaryM7 (03-07-2019),Logan (03-07-2019),monkeycrew (03-07-2019),Stephanie (03-07-2019)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

The results are in, and here are the standings:

In Third Place, with 998 points -- Team @Stephanie (914) and @RealDux (84)

In Second Place, with 1644 points -- Team @LegendaryM7 (1168) and @EthanTG (476)

AND In First Place, with 3282 points -- Team @Logan (1968) and @monkeycrew (1314)

Congratulations to everyone, and we thank you for reducing the number of missing wiki images by almost 2,000!

EDIT: If you are a contest winner, please be sure to have space available to receive a private message with your prize code.
    It was a great honor to team up with you @monkeycrew. Excellent work for both of us. @Willowdreamer thank you for the contest and i am looking forward to the next one!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (03-07-2019),Willowdreamer (03-07-2019)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast