•  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry T_T
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

Quick recap, thanks

I've been gone for quite a while since I started college, so I've been out of the loop in terms of game updates. What I'd like to know about are the skeleton bosses I'm hearing about. I think I played a little back in September, doing the Scratch promotion with my brother, but my memory is out of the window so, I'd just prefer to hear from you guys xD

Anyone mind giving me just a general recap? (Or in-depth if you'd like)

Just information on:
    - Where these dungeon entrances are (I was in Scrimshaw earlier, and saw a weird door at the dock?)
    - How/Where skeleton keys are obtained (I heard something about them dropping from different level monsters, based on tier?)

My current target is the Blood's Obsidian Jacket to add to my collection kekeke

Thanks!
    Last edited by maple9300; 02-13-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-14-2019),GoldenGuardian (02-13-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Quick recap, thanks

First, you want to get your Old Scratch companion to Level 70 for the promotion quest. That will lead you straight to the dungeon entrance in Scrimshaw Dock, and provide you with an Obsidian Skeleton Key. Many enemies throughout the worlds drop the keys, so farming them is fairly easy.

Once you have promoted your Old Scratch, you will have access to the four doors within the dungeon, and there seem to be plenty of people willing to farm with you.

Good Luck!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (02-13-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019),maple9300 (02-13-2019),Stephanie (02-13-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Willow has answered most of it so I will just add additional details.

1.) Where are the dungeon entrances?

The strange door in scrimshaw docks is the primary entrance to the obsidian dungeons. Upon entering the door, you enter a skull island sewer like zone. This zone has 4 separate gates each with a distinct boss. These bosses are level 70 reiterations of previous bosses in the game- they are the Nightmare Old Scratch, Nightmare Duck of Death, Nightmare Count Brass, and Nightmare Captain Blood.

Each gate has a lock that can be opened with an obsidian key. Note that one key only opens one gate- if you want to open another gate you have to use another obsidian key.

2.) Where can you get Obsidian Keys?

Obsidian keys drop from any level 50+ enemy, including bosses. In general, it is somewhat rare for keys to drop. Playing with team members increases your chance to get keys thanks to more chests being available with a larger squad.

Obsidian Bosses also drop Obsidian keys, albeit with perhaps a greater frequency.

Additional Information:

-These fights are reasonably difficult as each boss is level 79/80, and have tough minions to support them. It is highly recommended to go in with a team. Still, with practice, strategy and good gear, they can become solo-able (although the duck of death is an extremely problematic challenge).

-Nightmare Captain Blood is the most coveted of all the new bosses as he drops a new Level 70 Obsidian Blood Jacket. This jacket is only marginally better than its Level 35 Miranda counterpart, yet a lot of people have gone gaga over farming it. The second most coveted boss is Duck of Death. The other two bosses have a sparse player base who are interested in farming them.

-Old Scratch and Duck of Death have the potential to completely eliminate your team in round one with super critical AoE attacks (2500+ damage to units). This does not happen often but be careful. You can stop Old Scratch by using strategically placed blood flames and or tactical porting to trigger his Ocuboros spell. 95% of the time, this stops his AoE attack known as Doom Mojo. For Duck, just say your prayers. You are at his mercy.

-Most of the boss gear offered by the new bosses are quite weak and pathetic. I vaguely recall that Bat Masterson has addressed this issue and has said something about obsidian gear being buffed in the future, but alas we have had no update since.

All the best mate.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 02-13-2019 at 09:47 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-14-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019),maple9300 (02-13-2019),Willowdreamer (02-13-2019)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Gin no Melody
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry T_T
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

Thank you guys for the valuable information; I'll get to farming right away!
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019),Willowdreamer (02-13-2019)

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Asides from the above mentioned key update, the game is pretty much in the same, decaying state it's been in since forever, you didnt really miss much at all

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-14-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019)