•  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry T_T
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

The Pets that We Rid Ourselves Of...

This was just a random thought that crossed my mind as I was in the morphing tent earlier, after overhearing a fellow pirate casually talking about pets he would throw out, after having no use of them...but have you ever wondered what happens to pets that we get rid of? Just suspend your disbelief a bit, and forget that the pets are just program and code that erase from existence as we get rid of them...

With all the rave to find new hybrids and resulting projects that come from such ambitions, and the never-ending quest to attain the 'perfect pet' with all the best epic manifestations, a lot of pets are disposed of in the process.

Apparently some Skull Island law prevents us from trashing pets from our inventory, so we are left with no choice but to sell them to the nearest vendor...

...but what do they do with these pets that are left in their hands? Surely, there exist no pet shops in which these pets may find new owners, no, not in the cruel world of pirates. Are they sold in black markets, being mistreated in dangerous conditions; or even forced to fight amongst themselves for the entertainment of their treacherous viewers? Or are they left to be strays, simply thrown out at the back doors of shops, left to fend for themselves. Surely stray pets would be populating Skull Island as we speak!

Just a quick thought!
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-14-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019),Stephanie (02-13-2019)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: The Pets that We Rid Ourselves Of...

Quote Originally Posted by maple9300 View Post
    are they left to be strays, simply thrown out at the back doors of shops, left to fend for themselves.
    This seems unlikely since the vendors paid to buy them.

It's more likely that the pets are being put to some kind of use to bring in income. They might be cooked and made into meals, if they are the edible kind? o: Or made into leather / other products? Those equipment pieces in the bazaar have got to come from somewhere...

Or maybe they're sacrificed to dark spirits? What does Vadima boil in her cauldron anyways?
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019),luvs2sleepalot (02-14-2019),maple9300 (02-13-2019),Ravino (02-14-2019)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Gin no Melody
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry T_T
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    This seems unlikely since the vendors paid to buy them.
    It's more likely that the pets are being put to some kind of use to bring in income. They might be cooked and made into meals, if they are the edible kind? o: Or made into leather / other products? Those equipment pieces in the bazaar have got to come from somewhere...
    Or maybe they're sacrificed to dark spirits? What does Vadima boil in her cauldron anyways?
    Ooh, interesting theories! I never considered those ideas...dark ones at that, too!
    Maybe they were also sent to Bestia as well!
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019),Stephanie (02-15-2019)

RealDux is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

They are shipped to me and sorted into appropriate habitats. My favorite is the kitty garden.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2019-02-14 06-37-24-242.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	75431
    Last edited by RealDux; 02-14-2019 at 10:45 AM. Reason: double attachments somehow

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-14-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-14-2019),luvs2sleepalot (02-14-2019),maple9300 (02-14-2019),monkeycrew (02-14-2019),Stephanie (02-15-2019),Willowdreamer (02-14-2019)