Spring Decorating Contest!

From the main message boards:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decorating Contest.png 
Views:	2426 
Size:	444.3 KB 
ID:	75498

2019 Spring Decorating Contest!

It’s Spring cleaning time! That can mean only one thing... a decorating contest, of course!

Today kicks off our first Spring Decorating Contest. It’s time to sweep the dust under the rugs and repaint the walls whatever color suits your fancy. Put your decorating skills to the ultimate test and share your creations with the rest of the community throughout the contest period!

You’ll get a chance to win some great prizes, plus tons of decorating tips and design sneak peeks from other participants! We’ll be awarding prizes and even featuring the winners on March’s KI Live. There is also a version of this contest for Wizard101 players, so you can enter both!

Details and how to enter into the contest on the
    Official Contest Page.

Spotlight Your Home!

Even if you do not enter into the contest, we want everyone to showcase their homes throughout the contest period!

Have fun decorating!

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 03-05-2019 at 08:35 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-08-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-05-2019),Stephanie (03-06-2019)

Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Re: Spring Decorating Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    From the main message boards:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decorating Contest.png 
Views:	2426 
Size:	444.3 KB 
ID:	75498
    2019 Spring Decorating Contest!

It’s Spring cleaning time! That can mean only one thing... a decorating contest, of course!

Today kicks off our first Spring Decorating Contest. It’s time to sweep the dust under the rugs and repaint the walls whatever color suits your fancy. Put your decorating skills to the ultimate test and share your creations with the rest of the community throughout the contest period!

You’ll get a chance to win some great prizes, plus tons of decorating tips and design sneak peeks from other participants! We’ll be awarding prizes and even featuring the winners on March’s KI Live. There is also a version of this contest for Wizard101 players, so you can enter both!

Details and how to enter into the contest on the
    Official Contest Page.

Spotlight Your Home!

Even if you do not enter into the contest, we want everyone to showcase their homes throughout the contest period!

Have fun decorating!

Since i probably can't post that on the official boards, I'll go for it here. That's nice and all. But i'm not a fan of decorating. The game even needs more decoration items to be pushed into to make something like this happen. and since there's no updates that happened to house decorating from 2016, I doubt that'll turn out to be any good. I'm more interested about any news regarding the story continuation and the next update.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (03-07-2019),Willowdreamer (03-06-2019)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Since i probably can't post that on the official boards, I'll go for it here. That's nice and all. But i'm not a fan of decorating. The game even needs more decoration items to be pushed into to make something like this happen. and since there's no updates that happened to house decorating from 2016, I doubt that'll turn out to be any good. I'm more interested about any news regarding the story continuation and the next update.
    I agree that if this contest were an introduction to Housing Tours for Pirate101, we'd all be jumping for joy.

But I know that there are quite a few talented decorators out there, and if we have to settle for screenshots, I'd still like to see some cool Pirate Castles full of treasure -- even if it's the same old treasure that we all have tons of.

If anyone from Central is going to participate in the contest, it would be super if you post your entries here as well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Logan (03-06-2019),Stephanie (03-07-2019)

sparticus32 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• sparticus32's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  jack nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Spiral Galleon, MB
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

I was apparently the first to submit. Here was my entry
    Title: Dungeons and Chickens
    Description: Carrying the sword of bird seed, our hero (middle) and his two party members fight off a giant mecha chicken. The situation is dire because our hero, Bob, rolled a 19 instead of a 20, giving the enemy the upper hand! How will they win? When will this game be over? Will I ever stop collecting chickens?! Find out next week, because Kyle forgot to bring snacks!
    Name:  Picture 2019-03-05 15-06-04-949.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  97.1 KBName:  Picture 2019-03-05 15-05-42-837.jpg
Size:  94.2 KBName:  Picture 2019-03-05 15-05-30-311.jpg
Size:  97.4 KB

Side note: I was inspired by dungeons and dragons, but also JRPG (Japanese Role Playing Games) art. Huge monsters, flames, and treasure was what I had in mind. I believe I was thinking of an old Dragon Quest art I have.
    every person collects something be it stamps or rare books, I on the other hand collect golden chickens...and that my friends, is the true meaning of Christmas. *cough* crazy person *cough*Credit to Doom-N-Gloomy for my amazing avatar

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sparticus32 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-08-2019),GoldenGuardian (03-08-2019),luvs2sleepalot (03-06-2019),monkeycrew (03-07-2019),Willowdreamer (03-06-2019)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

@Edward Teach You should submit those rafters you made with rugs around your house PVP arena lol.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (03-07-2019)

Phenoixblizzard is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

I entered in one of my ship cabins just for fun. It's mostly a cozy Mooshu themed cabin, but it'll work. Even if I don't win it's still awesome they're doing this kind of contest

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phenoixblizzard For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-08-2019),Willowdreamer (03-07-2019)

monkeycrew is offline Deckhand

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

I may do this. Is there a certain prompt or theme to it? If not, it's more of just a basic contest instead of "spring".

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    I may do this. Is there a certain prompt or theme to it? If not, it's more of just a basic contest instead of "spring".
    From the Contest Page:

Visit the contest's official forum post to talk about the contest and share your decorating tips!

HOW TO ENTER

1. Choose a Ship Cabin or House to decorate. Ask other players for resources and advice!
    2. Pick a category to enter, then decorate until you can’t decorate no more. The fun of this contest is in planning where that aquarium will go or where the pets will roam around.
    3. Once you’re happy with the results, capture the best screenshot or video of your home and send it to us. Take your time - you have the entire contest entry period to consider the design!
    4. Submit screenshots (MAX of 3!) or video (MAX of 1, 60 seconds or less) to [email protected].
    5. Name the email Subject line: P101 2019 Decorating Contest Entry
    6. Include your character name, account name, the category you want to enter your decorations in, and a title and description of your home. Tell us something unique or special about it, and why you decorated it the way you did. Please limit that description to 100 words max.

THE CATEGORIES

We’ve come up with a set of categories to guide you in your decorating efforts. Each category will have 1 Grand Decorator and 2 Runner-Ups, unless otherwise stated below. This includes a ‘Video Captured’ category for videos, and a ‘Best Overall’ category:

• Piratey
    • Fun and light-hearted
    • Elegant and stylish
    • All Natural
    • Mysterious and strange
    • Happy Holidays
    • Video Captured
    • Simply Amazing (non-category)

THE GOODS

• 1 Grand Decorator (Per): 20,000 Crowns + Empire Bundle + Party Room housing item
    • 2 Runner-Up Decorators (Per): 10,000 Crowns + Party Room housing item
    • 5 Honorable Mentions (Total): 5,000 Crowns + Party Room housing item

Winners will be announced on March 28 on KI Live. They will be notified by email, and prizes will be awarded in advance of the show. After KI Live on the following day, winners and their screenshots will be posted on social media and included in the following month’s newsletters.

CAPTURE TIPS

• Set your computer’s graphics settings as high as they can go, and ensure the resolution is maxed (preferably 1920x1080 if you have the option).
    • For screenshot captures, even if the game runs slow at this point, all that matters for the contest is a nice still screenshot.
    • For video captures, videos must be no longer than 60 seconds.
    • Frame the shot for max emotional and “wow factor” impact. Consider lighting conditions.
    • Feel free to include some friends in the shot for added social flair.
    • Press Ctrl+G to turn off screen icons for a cleaner look.
    • Be unique and show us something unexpected!

Submit your entry to [email protected]. You can use an image sharing program, and for videos, you must use YouTube. Also share it on social media using @pirate101 and #Pirate101 during the contest period and we may retweet it!

Deadline to submit is Sunday, March 24 at 11:59pm CT. We will only accept one email per individual or group. You can submit your own entry separate from a group, but it must contain your own home and content. No reuse of submission materials!

CONTEST RULES

• Entries must be received before 11:59 PM US CT on March 24, 2019.
    • If you are under 13 years of age, ask your parent or guardian to participate.
    • You must include your Pirate101 character AND account names in the email.
    • One entry per account. Any group efforts will only award the submitter.
    • Entries must be entirely original creations made by you.
    • Entries that use copyrighted or inappropriate material will not qualify.

A committee of judges will be formed at KingsIsle, and any tie breakers will be resolved by the committee. Any disputes or disagreements in the community on who ultimately won will NOT be tolerated as an open discussion in the forums. Anyone attempting to subvert the contest in any way is subject to an immediate suspension and/or disqualification from the contest.

Inappropriate or vulgar entries are prohibited and will also result in immediate disqualification. Entries containing any of the following or similarly disparaging topics are considered inappropriate:
    • Disparaging race, gender, or group of people
    • ***ual content or references
    • Drug or alcohol abuse
    • Death or ******* of persons real or fake
    • Depicting the state of the game in a negative manner

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PLEASE SEE COMPLETE RULES FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS. THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.

Good Luck!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-08-2019)

monkeycrew is offline Deckhand

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Ah okay. MIssed like all of that

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

This is my ship cabin. It is called the ship cabin of invisible items. Here is a picture below:

Name:  2019-03-08 (2).jpg
Views: 36
Size:  82.5 KB

As you can see in the left, we have a comfortable sofa surrounded by imperceptible bonsai trees and a comforting fireplace. Toward the right, we have some treasures and rare items on display that I have pillaged in my pirating across the spiral- my favorite is the unnoticeable sword of the unknown ninja. The ninja pigs learned that the most deadliest of weapons is one that is invisible. In the center, we have Silver Dino Hawkins who admiring himself in the mirror.

------------------

All dumb jokes aside, can I use an entry I submitted in a central contest a while back for this contest too? I have no time nor desire to make something original.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-08-2019),luvs2sleepalot (03-09-2019),Willowdreamer (03-08-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast