•  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Spiral Galleon, MB
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Amused

So I came up with a theory about all the undead...

In case you don't know, I run a blog called the dragonspyre pirate. I usually do theories and I just did this one. I was really proud of it so I thought I would share it with all of you! Tell me what you think!

So did you ever notice the sheer amount of undead? In wiz it seems a large amount of enemies are undead and in p101 you encounter quite a few as well. So what's the deal? the difference between the undead and living is huge, it would be understandable however the problem is most of the living are monsters, which means they wouldn't really count since they are most likely allies of the undead. So what does this mean? Well I'll go over that. From what I have observed there are 2 driving forces that could be the cause of this. In wiz time and time again we see necromancers like malistare summon undead to haunt the streets. In pirate101 there really isn't much of an explanation. What's even weirder the undead just kind of slow down after cool ranch and stop after mooshu. My theory is that after we freed death from miranda, things started to return to normal, and the dead began staying dead. But how would that explain mooshus undead? Putting it simply it's all the necromancers.

So we answered why there are so many undead, but something makes them return all the time. However something like this would take time to do, and I doubt malistare even at his best could do it quickly, unnoticed and keep it secret after he left. My theory is that instead of them being defeated and returning, they instead don't get defeated, they simply get back up and carry on. Let's look at it this way, we know from p101 only death can truly take someone from the spiral and into his domain. We also know that there have been cases of us defeating undead and them coming back or telling us things right after we defeat them. From this we can conclude our spells can't truly defeat enemies. The only other way to beat them is if they willingly move on like malistare. Now the common view is that ghosts are ghosts is because they have unfinished business and can't leave until it's done. That's the reason there are so many undead, it's not because there are a ton, it's because the few that are undead can't leave so can't be defeated. Since they were summoned, they likely finished their business and now have no way to go back. And death doesn't come for them because they technically already went with him. We see from deaths puppet show he plays by a very strict set of rules that are followed to the letter.

To sum it up, there aren't that many undead, we just fight the same ones over and over because they aren't able to depart. When you think of it this way, the death school really is evil like Ambrose says.

I hope you enjoyed! cya in the spiral!

-Jack
    every person collects something be it stamps or rare books, I on the other hand collect golden chickens...and that my friends, is the true meaning of Christmas. *cough* crazy person *cough*Credit to Doom-N-Gloomy for my amazing avatar

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sparticus32 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-14-2019),luvs2sleepalot (03-13-2019),mastermind706 (03-14-2019),Willowdreamer (03-14-2019)

mastermind706 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• mastermind706's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jack Jackson
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Heavy Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: So I came up with a theory about all the undead...

Hey, Jack!
    I am of the opinion that the conditions of the undead are case by case. Some roam the Spiral because they have unfinished business and/or because of some magic.
    I think another interesting question to consider is why there are so many human skeletons, or if those dwarfish skeletons with enlarged heads and no lower jaws are/were humans. Perhaps humans were unfit to survive the conditions of the Spiral. Maybe the creatures of the 101 worlds underwent some kind of evolution, meaning the skeletons may be the creatures between monkeys and humans. The more likely explanation is that more realistic skeletons would probably be deemed too dark for a family-friendly game, so KingsIlse opted for a more cartoonish style. But still, it is something that makes you think and can add a lot to your headcanon.
    Last edited by mastermind706; 03-16-2019 at 02:48 AM.
    Ruthless Jack Jackson

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mastermind706 For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-18-2019),sparticus32 (03-14-2019),Willowdreamer (03-14-2019)