Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Spring 2019 Rewards

Dark Sea Gear is revealing. Stats based helms for Spring. You can buy them without any rank requirement.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Logan; 03-20-2019 at 12:46 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019),Willowdreamer (03-20-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Spring 2019 Rewards

These seem very rushed -- they all have the same name, same look, same prices. Musketeers and Witchdoctors only get one stat boost...

Weird!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

CaptainPowwow (03-25-2019),Crushcut (03-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Spring 2019 Rewards

I posted this on the forums and will re-post it here.

I want to address the elephant in the room here: the new PvP rewards. Before we all go raking KI over the coals, I'd like one question to be answered by KI: What was the purpose of these new Dark Sea hoods?

• Do they exist to provide an interesting, cosmetic-only PvP reward?
    • Were they intended to be a powerful and viable piece of PvP-viable gear for the most successful PvP players to use?

If they were intended to be cosmetic-only, they were a "success" but I disagree with how they were implemented and their very existence. The PvP community has grown to expect purchasable rewards for reaching champion other than pets and mounts and suddenly discontinuing that and reverting to cosmetic gear without communication (that currently has no rank requirement btw, but that's a different post) is very disappointing. The biggest reason to do ranked PvP is for the rewards. Although I enjoy PvP as much as anyone, the current ranked meta is more than a little toxic (everyone successful is utilizing incredibly broken strategies). Having the only rewards be items that make 0 impact on gameplay de-incentivizes people to actually do ranked PvP even further than they already are.

If they were intended to be PvP-viable gear, they were a miserable failure of epic proportions. These hats are all but strictly worse than Moo Manchu gear (gear attainable at level 65, mind you). Powers are an integral part of PvP gear, and providing stats only gear ensures that it will never be used in serious PvP. Thus, if the goal was to create PvP viable gear, I suggest adding intriguing powers to these helmets to make them somewhat viable. The community is happy to provide feedback on the balance of these powers.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mathew For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019),Stephanie (03-20-2019),Willowdreamer (03-20-2019)