Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Next KI Live Thursday, Mar 28 4 pm Central

It's Spring Time in the Spiral! Join KingsIsle's Senior Community Manager and MMO Senior Producer this coming Mar. 28 at 4pm Central on Twitch. We are going to be celebrating with the winners of the decoration contest and of course more fun gameplay!

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/livestream_event

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Next KI Live Thursday, Mar 28 4 pm Central

I caught about 20 minutes of the show between meetings. The code for free packs was only available for the first 20 minutes after the live stream ended, so you'll have to wait until the recording goes online. @Bat Masterson (Mat) played on his pirate for a bit while they answered questions, but was really distracted trying to do that while live streaming and accepting the barrage of friend requests.

There was a marked difference in the Senior Producer's excitement level when talking about Pirate101 versus Wizard101. As we all know, Wizard101 is getting a spring update to continue the graphical modifications for Wizard City, along with some "super cool" stuff that "isn't ready yet." I'm not a big fan of the graphical update stuff -- it's a mixed bag for me. The Forlorn Tower on Firecat Alley now looks like a happy shiny place instead of the dismal home of a Banshee, in my opinion -- no longer "forlorn."

They did answer a question about the inspiration for the Turrets in the various skyways, which was thought to be an interest in more and different ship battles. Leah made a brief comment about there could be more of them added someday.

That's what I saw and remember. If anyone else caught the whole thing, please feel free to add what I missed.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

axel125 (03-29-2019),Crushcut (03-29-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2019),monkeycrew (03-29-2019)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the graphical update stuff -- it's a mixed bag for me. The Forlorn Tower on Firecat Alley now looks like a happy shiny place instead of the dismal home of a Banshee, in my opinion -- no longer "forlorn."
    I fully agree. While better graphics has been widely demanded for years, it's just not the same as it was, ex. The Library. The NPCs look ugly (and I mean ugly, especially Cyrus) and the previous theme of that "wizardly" look (if you know what I mean) just isn't there with the new, even in Classic Mode.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-29-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2019),Willowdreamer (03-29-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I think 20 min to redeem a code is ludicrous and I'm not even complaining for myself but for others. I'm rarely home when KI live is on and in the past the code has been expired by the time I do get on. Let's hope when the video is released the release time will be longer than 20 min.

I will say I used to really like Falmea when she first took over for the previous person (forget her name sorry), but at this point her favoritism for Wizard is so noticeable and her indifference to Pirate so obvious that if anyone playing Wiz was even moderately curious about pirate her lack of excitement for the game would not encourage anyone to try it out. I do work for a living so I do understand how doing a particular part of a job on some days may not be all sunshine and smiles. But the difference is staggering.

I just can't understand why KI doesn't have the decency or the directness to announce the unspoken truth~ KI has no intention of paying any attention to Pirate for story updates, glitch corrections, or gear upgrades (even to existing levels).

One Pirate Max, One Pirate finishing up Moo, One pirate half way through Cool Ranch and two heading toMonquista. I give it a year maybe, and I may no longer be a paying KI customer (I used to have 4 paying accounts on Wiz and 2 on Pirate and am now down to 1 Pirate account). Very sad
    I hope I can find another MMORPG I enjoy playing. Course if I quit gaming, I might have more time to read!
    Last edited by luvs2sleepalot; 03-29-2019 at 05:34 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

axel125 (03-31-2019),Crushcut (03-29-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2019),monkeycrew (03-29-2019),Willowdreamer (03-29-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

The recorded video is at this link, but I couldn't find it on the youtube channel to embed. It actually starts at about a minute and a half in.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/livestream_event

Enjoy!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-31-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-30-2019)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    I think 20 min to redeem a code is ludicrous and I'm not even complaining for myself but for others. I'm rarely home when KI live is on and in the past the code has been expired by the time I do get on. Let's hope when the video is released the release time will be longer than 20 min.

I will say I used to really like Falmea when she first took over for the previous person (forget her name sorry), but at this point her favoritism for Wizard is so noticeable and her indifference to Pirate so obvious that if anyone playing Wiz was even moderately curious about pirate her lack of excitement for the game would not encourage anyone to try it out. I do work for a living so I do understand how doing a particular part of a job on some days may not be all sunshine and smiles. But the difference is staggering.

I just can't understand why KI doesn't have the decency or the directness to announce the unspoken truth~ KI has no intention of paying any attention to Pirate for story updates, glitch corrections, or gear upgrades (even to existing levels).

One Pirate Max, One Pirate finishing up Moo, One pirate half way through Cool Ranch and two heading toMonquista. I give it a year maybe, and I may no longer be a paying KI customer (I used to have 4 paying accounts on Wiz and 2 on Pirate and am now down to 1 Pirate account). Very sad
    I hope I can find another MMORPG I enjoy playing. Course if I quit gaming, I might have more time to read!
    Yea, the original KI Live was done by Greyrose and Dworgyn/One Eyed Jack. Things just haven't been the same without the hosts having enthusiasm and insight for Pirate101 ever since the shift in direction for W101 and mobile game favoritism. It's really not just about the hosts themselves not expressing any sort of desire to advance Pirate101, but it's still on upper management for the direction they want their games to focus on. Without any incentive to expand their MMO team AND delegate tasks for both 101 games, there's no certainty for a newer, more technically stable build of Pirate101 in the near future.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

axel125 (04-02-2019),GoldenGuardian (03-31-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-31-2019),luvs2sleepalot (03-31-2019),monkeycrew (03-31-2019),Willowdreamer (03-31-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Crushcut View Post
    Yea, the original KI Live was done by Greyrose and Dworgyn/One Eyed Jack. Things just haven't been the same without the hosts having enthusiasm and insight for Pirate101 ever since the shift in direction for W101 and mobile game favoritism. It's really not just about the hosts themselves not expressing any sort of desire to advance Pirate101, but it's still on upper management for the direction they want their games to focus on. Without any incentive to expand their MMO team AND delegate tasks for both 101 games, there's no certainty for a newer, more technically stable build of Pirate101 in the near future.
    I finally watched the rest of the show. They seem to be stretching longer with just recapping what happened in each game for the past month (drives me crazy, really) and screenshots, but no mobile game news AT ALL for the last couple times. I wonder if that means anything for the mobile side?

Granted, showing the housing contest winners took up a lot of time, and it was very cool to see, but they are closing in on two hours rather than the strict one hour limit they used to keep to.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-01-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-31-2019)

JustinZimmer is offline Deckhand

• JustinZimmer's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Justin Zimmer
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Deathless Immortal*G
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Lonely

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I caught about 20 minutes of the show between meetings. The code for free packs was only available for the first 20 minutes after the live stream ended, so you'll have to wait until the recording goes online. @Bat Masterson (Mat) played on his pirate for a bit while they answered questions, but was really distracted trying to do that while live streaming and accepting the barrage of friend requests.

There was a marked difference in the Senior Producer's excitement level when talking about Pirate101 versus Wizard101. As we all know, Wizard101 is getting a spring update to continue the graphical modifications for Wizard City, along with some "super cool" stuff that "isn't ready yet." I'm not a big fan of the graphical update stuff -- it's a mixed bag for me. The Forlorn Tower on Firecat Alley now looks like a happy shiny place instead of the dismal home of a Banshee, in my opinion -- no longer "forlorn."

They did answer a question about the inspiration for the Turrets in the various skyways, which was thought to be an interest in more and different ship battles. Leah made a brief comment about there could be more of them added someday.

That's what I saw and remember. If anyone else caught the whole thing, please feel free to add what I missed.

Graphics not only thing there update also changing update the mobs too, like change of Triton Avenue graphics lot more better then firecat alley because seem they rush firecat alley but still be the same but not always be option for its

DRAGON SPIRIT
    (Master Of The Dragon)
    First New Online Game Membership Before Pirate101 Live Game Launch

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinZimmer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-03-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (04-04-2019)