Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bug Thread


  1. #1
    monkeycrew's Avatar
       monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    684
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    687
    Thanks (Received)
    1,083
    Gold
    95
    Dreaming

    Bug Thread

    I saw that Bat Masterson on the official forums is looking for a list of all the bugs, so I'll list some I have seen. Be sure to add yours.

    * The texture stretching on the Presidio counterparts is on at least Caracticus. It is so annoying.
    * No attacks or teleporting, basically, for some of the PvP pets.
    * The Machine beginning cutscene skips, glitches, and can be skipped by going to the room just as it's playing w a team, no matter the amount of players.
    * Can't join the Obsidian Scratch battle if I teleport to someone. At all.
    * The Yuletide companions have no promotions or very many epics to choose from.
    * I'm prone to losing connection in the Tower of Moo Manchu often. And it is just the tower; most of the time it is in that instance I lose and regain it.
    * That Mormo promotion glitch.
    * The navigator points to "Stormgate to MooShu" instead of "Hamamitsu Skyway".
    * Andalusian Skyway has no navigator point.
    * The stormgate to valencia (and I think Marleybone) have no navigator points in Hamamitsu Skyway.
    * Players still are prone to turn invisible in the Tower!!
    * Iirc, armada enemies in the Dreadnaught (dreadnought*) just teleport and attack with no animations.
    * In Fast combat, come critical tunes and sounds (LIKE THE MOOSHU 5'S) are not in-sync with the attack.
    * Any new stormgates after Valencia 2 in the worlds from Florenza Skyway (which should be spelled Florenzia) have no navigator point in their respective skyways.
    * Florenza's unfortunately misspelled. In past quests, it's spelled Florenzia.
    * Many, many mismatched dialogue to text errors.
    * Using a Haywire Strike on the Ebon Head triggers the old Hydra bug, in which you have to flee and start again.
    * In the Machine, the cutscene will play before all the chests have been collected, causing the loot to be lost.
    * Rewards from the Party Barge Ambassadors give no Privateer items. Witch and Musket rewards are max level ones only (correct me if I'm wrong - I saw Willow's post on the forum)

    Be sure to add some, and maybe KI will see them.

    EDIT: If anyone wants to refer this on the message boards, my name on there is CaptainBlackWolfBowman.

    ALSO EDIT: I will add bugs noted here to my list above.
    Last edited by monkeycrew; 03-23-2019 at 01:29 AM.

    Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70



  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (03-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019),Nojow (03-20-2019),RealDux (03-20-2019),Stephanie (03-20-2019)


  3. #2
    ToonTown565's Avatar
       ToonTown565 is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

    • ToonTown565's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Two Faced Terry Cog
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    153
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    5
    Thanks (Received)
    162
    Gold
    141

    Re: Bug Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    I'm prone to losing connection in the Tower of Moo Manchu often. And it is just the tower; most of the time it is in that instance I lose and regain it.
    does this happen to you on a regular basis? my connection is fine in tower, could just be your connection coincidentally getting awful whenever you decide to do tower runs, but still something worth looking into.

    bugs wise, idk if this is a bug, but using a haywire strike on the ebon head in hydra can cause the bug to come back (it's different though. the example i have is, the ebon head was at roughly 2k, (so at half) and i did a hidden haywire strike, and crit, doing around 3k. which caused it to die, but then it thought it was time for it to go back down into its 3rd phase, so it bugged out, not allowing me to finish the fight, i had to flee, and go to mitch to revive my 3 comps, and reset the fight to continue.) if devs could look into that it'd be cool
    3/5 Characters maxxed



  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToonTown565 For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (03-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019)


  5. #3
    Stephanie's Avatar
       Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    341
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,194
    Thanks (Received)
    808
    Gold
    66

    Re: Bug Thread

    I've posted about this before, but some people will experience a glitch with the Aquila main quest "Bring Me My Bow," where they get stuck in an endless time loop and can't continue. (You can find old threads about it here and here.) I personally experienced this glitch on my swashbuckler, and Customer Support had to manually add the next quest into my quest-book for me. It would be great if KI looked into actually fixing this issue because it's rather serious, and not everyone knows to contact support.

    There is also a pretty comprehensive list of PVP bugs that @Nojow posted on the official forums (thread here). Bat said he passed it on to the team, but it's been more than a month and the bugs remain unfixed.

    Another bug (thread here) is that after resetting a companion's talents and giving it health, that companion's health will be glitched on the first battle, so people are currently having to flee and restart the battle when that happens.
    Last edited by Stephanie; 03-20-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101



  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (03-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019)


  7. #4
    monkeycrew's Avatar
       monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    684
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    687
    Thanks (Received)
    1,083
    Gold
    95
    Dreaming

    Re: Bug Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ToonTown565 View Post
    does this happen to you on a regular basis? my connection is fine in tower, could just be your connection coincidentally getting awful whenever you decide to do tower runs, but still something worth looking into.

    bugs wise, idk if this is a bug, but using a haywire strike on the ebon head in hydra can cause the bug to come back (it's different though. the example i have is, the ebon head was at roughly 2k, (so at half) and i did a hidden haywire strike, and crit, doing around 3k. which caused it to die, but then it thought it was time for it to go back down into its 3rd phase, so it bugged out, not allowing me to finish the fight, i had to flee, and go to mitch to revive my 3 comps, and reset the fight to continue.) if devs could look into that it'd be cool
    Not too often it does happen, but it's more than rarely.

    Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70



  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (03-21-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019)


  9. #5
    Crushcut's Avatar
       Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  1
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,358
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4,779
    Thanks (Received)
    1,035
    Gold
    1,729
    Blog Entries
    49
    Bookworm



  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (03-22-2019),Stephanie (03-23-2019)


  11. #6
    Kingurz's Avatar
       Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    428
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    296
    Thanks (Received)
    717
    Gold
    412

    Re: Bug Thread

    Unfortunately, the issue isn't KI awareness of the bugs. These bugs have already been posted to the official and Central forums multiple times. Granted the community manager is one of the newest members of the team and may not be personally aware of some of these, but several of these bugs WERE identified while the current community manager was in the seat....but haven't been fixed in an update since.


    The issue remains the fact that Pirate101 doesn't get many updates at all. The most telling aspect of that thread is the following statement from the community manager, "We have our own tracking lists internally of course, but we want to make sure we're in line with the community's own reporting here. Prioritizing the most globally wide-spread issues at the top, of course". It almost sounds like KI is admitting they will not fix all the bugs, but rather only fix the "top voted" bugs by the community....when they get around to actually working on Pirate101.

    Remember, that whole thread on the official forums started because a player asked them to work on known bugs since it didn't appear that new content or a test realm would be available for Pirate101 this spring (unlike Wizard101).

    I was hoping KI would have responded to that player in something like, "yup, we're tracking most of these bugs and are working on them now, but please post any we may have missed," instead of, "we will work on our internal bug list as soon as the community tells us which ones are more important".



  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (03-22-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-23-2019),monkeycrew (03-22-2019),Ravino (03-24-2019),Willowdreamer (03-22-2019)


  13. #7
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,825
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,370
    Thanks (Received)
    8,474
    Gold
    1,927
    Fine

    Re: Bug Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    Unfortunately, the issue isn't KI awareness of the bugs. These bugs have already been posted to the official and Central forums multiple times. Granted the community manager is one of the newest members of the team and may not be personally aware of some of these, but several of these bugs WERE identified while the current community manager was in the seat....but haven't been fixed in an update since.


    The issue remains the fact that Pirate101 doesn't get many updates at all. The most telling aspect of that thread is the following statement from the community manager, "We have our own tracking lists internally of course, but we want to make sure we're in line with the community's own reporting here. Prioritizing the most globally wide-spread issues at the top, of course". It almost sounds like KI is admitting they will not fix all the bugs, but rather only fix the "top voted" bugs by the community....when they get around to actually working on Pirate101.

    Remember, that whole thread on the official forums started because a player asked them to work on known bugs since it didn't appear that new content or a test realm would be available for Pirate101 this spring (unlike Wizard101).

    I was hoping KI would have responded to that player in something like, "yup, we're tracking most of these bugs and are working on them now, but please post any we may have missed," instead of, "we will work on our internal bug list as soon as the community tells us which ones are more important".
    Yeah, my post expressing disappointment that there wasn't already a list being worked on based on what had already been reported didn't make it through moderation on the main boards. Your thoughts were the same as mine. I can't fault @Bat Masterson for his attempting to engage the community now and then, but honestly -- there have been many, many compilation threads posted by now, and we all have different priorities for fixes depending on how and where we play.





  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (03-22-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-23-2019),Kingurz (03-24-2019),monkeycrew (03-23-2019),Ravino (03-24-2019)




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •