View Poll Results: How interested are you in PVP?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very interested

7 30.43%
  • Somewhat interested

7 30.43%
  • Not interested

9 39.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
       Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

How interested are you in PVP?

Hey everyone, I made a short survey to gauge interest in Pirate101 PVP. Please fill out the poll and add details by posting below if you can. I'd really appreciate it

- Very interested
    - Somewhat interested
    - Not interested

If you are interested in PVP, what is the main thing you like about it?
    - The drama
    - The strategy
    - Other (please explain)

If you are not interested in PVP, why?
    - Just not the kind of thing I'm into
    - I've tried it before (was once interested) but stopped because it was a bad experience (please explain if you can)
    - I used to really enjoy it but the game just doesn't have enough support for it (no spectator mode, no bugfix support, no helpful tutorials, no updates)
    Last edited by Stephanie; 03-23-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (03-25-2019),Crushcut (03-23-2019),GoldenGuardian (03-24-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-23-2019),Ravino (03-24-2019),RealDux (04-03-2019),Willowdreamer (03-23-2019)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Re: How interested are you in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    - Very interested
    - Somewhat interested
    - Not interested
    Somewhat interested.

- The drama
    - The strategy
    - Other (please explain)
    The strategy, definitely. Especially when I PvP as my main Pirate, which is a Swashbuckler.

- I've tried it before (was once interested) but stopped because it was a bad experience (please explain if you can)
    - I used to really enjoy it but the game just doesn't have enough support for it (no spectator mode, no bugfix support, no helpful tutorials, no updates)
    Other. The drama is actually my least favorite part about it. Also, for some tournaments on Pirate101 Central, the scheduling is kind of hard and troublesome. But other than that, I really like PvP but rarely make time for it.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Brave Kiley, Level 51 Buccaneer.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-23-2019),Stephanie (03-23-2019),Willowdreamer (03-23-2019)

Avery Court Grace is offline Boatswain
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Woot

I am not interested in it because "most" players seem to not handle it in a mature fashion. I like to build friendships in game and it seems liek while pvp can build friendships it also seems to break down community a little.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Avery Court Grace For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-23-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-24-2019),Ravino (03-24-2019),Stephanie (03-23-2019),Willowdreamer (03-23-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Hey everyone, I made a short survey to gauge interest in Pirate101 PVP. Please fill out the poll and add details by posting below if you can. I'd really appreciate it

- Very interested
    - Somewhat interested

--------------------------Not very interested
    - Not interested

- The drama
    - The strategy

----------------------- I'd be more interested in the strategy if there was a spectator mode to watch, and maybe even commentary from someone like Stephanie's videos, where those of us who aren't in the Brawlin' Hall all of the time could observe and learn. When I'm playing against another pirate and just hoping not to lose too quickly, I don't feel I learn anything or that the other pirate enjoyed the match very much. PvP'ers sometimes seem very surly to me because I haven't encountered very many who chat much.
    - Other (please explain)

-------------------- While it wasn't a bad experience, it also wasn't much fun the few times I tried it. I feel like it could be more interesting, but my play style isn't very conducive to the adversarial nature of PvP to begin with. I'd like to maybe see more pure strategy and less benefit to OP gear and companions could change things up -- where no gear, no pets and random crew or even no crew were modes that could make things more interesting.
    I didn't vote in the poll because I wanted to vote between Somewhat and Not Interested -- a Not Very Interested option. I don't mind at all reading about PvP strategies and bugs, etc., so I am slightly interested, if that makes sense.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-23-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-24-2019),Stephanie (03-23-2019)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Gin no Melody
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry T_T
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

I'm not interested in PvP, mainly because I'm a pacifist xD

In my mind, the idea of fighting/playing/competing against other players just doesn't sit well with me, which is why I prefer PvE.
    That, and also the fact that I feel like I'd probably stink playing against others; I'd rather defeat mobs of mindless AI lol
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 03-23-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-24-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-24-2019),Stephanie (03-24-2019),Willowdreamer (03-23-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Not very interested in PvP for a couple of reasons.

1.) As you told me, not many people are doing it, and waiting for a match can get quite l time consuming, especially as you progress. I have to have immediate or near immediate access to fights cause time is a precious commodity.

2.) This is just a mentality that some non PvP players have adopted, but it has to do with weapons. As of now, If you are a new-pvp player trying to be a champion, you have to face off pre-existing champions who have access to some powerful champion weapons that you do not have. I am sure there are some very smart players who can overcome this, but not having access to champion weapons can put you in a disadvantage or limit the strategies you can use against more powerful champion-leveled PvP players. As I said, this is just a mentality people have that discourages them from trying in the PvP place. I am not sure how credible it is as I do not PvP.

I wouldn't mind if there was like a separate champions league [which is where champion weapons can only be allowed] with cool rewards, though probably not gear or item based powers/rewards as this would lead to the same problem I described above.

3.) Sometimes certain players make the PvP community seem a bit toxic, but then again there are a lot of toxic non-pvp players too. I guess its just more annoying when you face off with toxic people and their gangs.

4.) Pay to win. Idk how credible this is anymore but yeah, just another mentality people have.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-24-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-24-2019),Ravino (03-24-2019),Stephanie (03-24-2019),Willowdreamer (03-25-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Somewhat interested. I'd love to spend more time in Pirate101, however the lack of team matches or a queue system makes it difficult for me to engage in playing it.
    Standing around the brawlin' hall and all its drama isn't a fun experience for me.

Strategy, creating builds, having a good time in Pirates which is missing attractions to make me log in.

The brawlin' hall doesn't interest me because of the atmosphere and the fact I can hardly get a decent, fair match.
    I tried Ranked a few times but multiple factors turned me away from it: the insane wait for matches, the toxic behavior in many of the few active players, the dominating builds and setups such as tree summons, Nausica+Boon, hidden, among others and the RNG factors.

This is pretty much how I felt about Wizard101 PvP a few years back, it was a mess and impossible to enjoy. Some updates over time led me back into it, the Critical modifier and turn-based 1v1 were the main ones... Pirate101 needs some changes of its own. And it desperately needs a queue system, unlike Wiz I can't even get matches for fun in here.

~R
    Last edited by Ravino; 03-24-2019 at 07:45 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-24-2019),GoldenGuardian (03-26-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-26-2019),Stephanie (03-27-2019),Willowdreamer (03-25-2019)

ToonTown565 is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• ToonTown565's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Two Faced Terry Cog
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

not interested, mainly cause with my class (witch) i'd be better off going on a different class lol. also the pvp community being small puts a learning curve on the game in general, imo. when most people, ai isn't as smart as the usual person in general.
    Last edited by ToonTown565; 03-24-2019 at 10:48 PM.
    3/5 Characters maxxed

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToonTown565 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-25-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-26-2019),Stephanie (03-27-2019),Willowdreamer (03-25-2019)

ClockWork12 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Very Interested because this game unlike Wizard101 has somewhat balanced pvp where players
    can have fun and show off skill of their play . Wizard101 lost its pvp balance when the jade gear first came out and there afterwards got worse and worse to the point now where you can be taken out by your opponent on the first turn without you ever even getting to play anything in that turn . For Example one critical hit from storm or fire can kill you easy on the first turn and if you going second you just dead and never get to play any spells- (depending on what school you using with how much health ).Pirate on the other hand is much more balanced with its turn system , powers , spells ,gear and you get to react to opponents moves .This one thing this game has going for its self and i hope ki dont diminish it with poor moves like this spring season rank rewards .
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 03-25-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-26-2019),GoldenGuardian (03-26-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-26-2019),Stephanie (03-27-2019),Willowdreamer (03-25-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I'm somewhat interested because I love a good challenge in PvE and the most challenging PvE is PvP. But based on what I've seen it seems, PvP heavily offensive and not really well rounded. Then there's also the players. Since this game is turn based, there's going to be a lot of time to "chat". I probably should give it a try one day to get off of the stereotypes, but as of now there's not really a need. (Oh and also ranked PvP requires membership/crowns, I think that's actually the bigger let down).
    Last edited by CompanionMechanics; 03-26-2019 at 01:14 AM.

Who said this game was easy?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CompanionMechanics For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (03-26-2019),GoldenGuardian (03-26-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (03-26-2019),Stephanie (03-27-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast