Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    699
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    386
    Thanks (Received)
    804
    Gold
    685
    Cheeky

    What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    The title says it all guys. I want to know what you would like to participate in next!

    Comment in this thread with your ideas or what PvP event you'd like to see open. I will take comments for the next few days, and try to have a new tournament opened by the middle to end of this coming week, once everyone has had a chance to chime in.








  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (04-20-2019),sarcasticjoseph (04-22-2019),Stephanie (04-20-2019)




  3. #2
    Stephanie's Avatar
       Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    344
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanks (Received)
    813
    Gold
    66

    Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    Maybe something that's not single-elimination format?

    I'd really looked forward to participating in the last one, but as I was eliminated first round I basically only had one opponent for the entire tournament.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101



  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

    Celestialmoon (04-24-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (04-21-2019)


  5. #3
    flash33's Avatar
       flash33 is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

    • flash33's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Seth
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,123
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    584
    Thanks (Received)
    3,310
    Gold
    1,032
    Blog Entries
    70
    Musical

    Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Maybe something that's not single-elimination format?

    I'd really looked forward to participating in the last one, but as I was eliminated first round I basically only had one opponent for the entire tournament.
    I agree with @Stephanie. While there's nothing wrong with single elimination it wouldn't hurt to try a double elimination with the winners of both brackets (winners and losers) facing off in the grand finals.
    Heck, you could even try a group stage double round robin format with the top 2 teams in each group advancing to the playoffs with any tiebreakers being settled after the main group stage is finished. League of Legends had this format with Worlds so it could maybe work here as well.
    Last edited by flash33; 04-25-2019 at 08:51 PM.



  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flash33 For This Useful Post:

    Celestialmoon (04-24-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (04-22-2019),Stephanie (04-23-2019)


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    57
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    19
    Thanks (Received)
    113
    Gold
    28

    Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    Don't really care about the elimination style, but I'd like to see a standard central rules tournament again.



  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mathew For This Useful Post:

    Celestialmoon (04-24-2019),ClockWork12 (04-28-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (04-22-2019),NinjaPikmin (04-22-2019),Stephanie (04-23-2019)


  9. #5
    sarcasticjoseph's Avatar
       sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    19
    Thanks (Received)
    67
    Gold
    113
    Bored

    Post Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    I'd love to see a 3 player team tournament. That'd be cool.

    PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!



  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

    Celestialmoon (04-24-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (04-22-2019)


  11. #6
       Layne is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    6
    Gold
    27

    Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    TEAM 3v3 or 2v2. Would be so fun



  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Layne For This Useful Post:

    Celestialmoon (04-24-2019),CunningJustinSilver (04-24-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (04-22-2019)


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    699
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    386
    Thanks (Received)
    804
    Gold
    685
    Cheeky

    Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    Double elimination is possible with the software we have, but the double elimination program has some drawbacks in that it is glitchy. It is still possible to run a double elimination tournament. The TM, however, has to make advancements to ensure players are advanced properly.

    So that is a format to consider.


    As for Round Robin or special team Round Robin sets, I know the software "should run" Round Robin in it's normal format. It does not have special formats or customizations we can make to the bracket system that I know of. I'll have to play around with this more.

    Team tournaments have been done in the past. 2v2 is a good one. 3v3 would be great if there was enough interest. By enough interest, we'd need enough players to fill at least 8 teams for 2v2 or 3v3. If we have enough players, I have no problems running a team event.

    __________________________


    Our best bet may be a double elimination, and as I said, results would need to be reported to the TM so they can advance the players.

    Someone mentioned having a regular Central rules tournament this time. Does that sound good to everyone?







  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (04-25-2019),sarcasticjoseph (04-24-2019),Stephanie (04-25-2019)


  15. #8
    sarcasticjoseph's Avatar
       sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    19
    Thanks (Received)
    67
    Gold
    113
    Bored

    Post Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Double elimination is possible with the software we have, but the double elimination program has some drawbacks in that it is glitchy. It is still possible to run a double elimination tournament. The TM, however, has to make advancements to ensure players are advanced properly.

    So that is a format to consider.


    As for Round Robin or special team Round Robin sets, I know the software "should run" Round Robin in it's normal format. It does not have special formats or customizations we can make to the bracket system that I know of. I'll have to play around with this more.

    Team tournaments have been done in the past. 2v2 is a good one. 3v3 would be great if there was enough interest. By enough interest, we'd need enough players to fill at least 8 teams for 2v2 or 3v3. If we have enough players, I have no problems running a team event.

    __________________________


    Our best bet may be a double elimination, and as I said, results would need to be reported to the TM so they can advance the players.

    Someone mentioned having a regular Central rules tournament this time. Does that sound good to everyone?
    Repeating tournaments is kinda boring. Double elimination sounding nice. R.I.P 3v3 dream though.

    PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!



  16. The Following User Says Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

    HelpfulAuroraParker (04-25-2019)


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    699
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    386
    Thanks (Received)
    804
    Gold
    685
    Cheeky

    Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    Any additional input on the next tournament?

    I believe we're gonna go for a double elimination format. I've had a request for normal Central rules. Any other ideas on rules that you guys would like to see played?







  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

    Nojow (04-26-2019)


  19. #10
    sarcasticjoseph's Avatar
       sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    19
    Thanks (Received)
    67
    Gold
    113
    Bored

    Re: What tournament would YOU like to play in next?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Any additional input on the next tournament?

    I believe we're gonna go for a double elimination format. I've had a request for normal Central rules. Any other ideas on rules that you guys would like to see played?
    Rule idea: The host has to join?!?!

    PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!



  20. The Following User Says Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

    Nojow (04-26-2019)


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •