Thread: Did I Miss It?

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Did I Miss It?

I see over on Wiz that KI is giving out a free pet snack for National Pet Week.

Did I miss the notice for Pirate? Or is it Wiz exclusive pets?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-08-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-10-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Did I Miss It?

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    I see over on Wiz that KI is giving out a free pet snack for National Pet Week.

Did I miss the notice for Pirate? Or is it Wiz exclusive pets?
    Usually a code like this is for both games, but it only redeemed for W1zard101 when I used it. National Pet Week didn't even make the Tradewinds Tribune.

I really don't understand why @Bat Masterson and the team feel that social media is a better way to reach out to players than their own website news stream.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 05-08-2019 at 07:05 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-09-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-10-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Usually a code like this is for both games, but it only redeemed for W1zard101 when I used it. National Pet Week didn't even make the Tradewinds Tribune.
    I really don't understand why @Bat Masterson and the team feel that social media is a better way to reach out to players than their own website news stream.

Probably for the same reason they don't want to post game updates on their own game forum

***rolls eyes***

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-09-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-10-2019),Willowdreamer (05-08-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I'm sorry for the delay in responding here, the emails sometime get lost on notifications .

Social media just is a better platform overall. It's easier to access, more transparent, easier to update, etc. etc. This is of course for links and mentions of major news items like the game update notes, producer's letters, and newsletters. Those of course have to be posted on the website simply due to their detail. Otherwise, the website is too static and the forums bury posts too easily. It's not easily accessible or viewable.

However, I'm with ya on keeping important news on the forums too, as we need that as well. I get that there are those players who just read news there, regardless of other areas.

While KI_Alerts on Twitter is going to remain the source for our maintenance schedules, I have opened up a Community News section in the forums to help increase transparency with the community's own news. This is immediately below our official news section. I hope this helps your own news efforts!
    Last edited by Bat Masterson; 05-17-2019 at 12:04 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat Masterson For This Useful Post:

CaptainPowwow (05-17-2019),Crushcut (05-17-2019),Willowdreamer (05-17-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Masterson View Post
    I'm sorry for the delay in responding here, the emails sometime get lost on notifications .

Social media just is a better platform overall. It's easier to access, more transparent, easier to update, etc. etc. This is of course for links and mentions of major news items like the game update notes, producer's letters, and newsletters. Those of course have to be posted on the website simply due to their detail. Otherwise, the website is too static and the forums bury posts too easily. It's not easily accessible or viewable.

However, I'm with ya on keeping important news on the forums too, as we need that as well. I get that there are those players who just read news there, regardless of other areas.

While KI_Alerts on Twitter is going to remain the source for our maintenance schedules, I have opened up a Community News section in the forums to help increase transparency with the community's own news. This is immediately below our official news section. I hope this helps your own news efforts!
    Thanks for the reply, Bat, but you seem to have a knack for replying to my secondary comments rather than the main question/concern that I'm replying to:

Why didn't Pirate pets get free treats for National Pet Week?

Can you see why pirates are getting very tired of being slighted?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-17-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (05-18-2019),luvs2sleepalot (05-18-2019),Ravino (05-17-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Thanks for the reply, Bat, but you seem to have a knack for replying to my secondary comments rather than the main question/concern that I'm replying to:

Why didn't Pirate pets get free treats for National Pet Week?

Can you see why pirates are getting very tired of being slighted?

We actually intended to make this happen. When the next planned week comes about, we will include Pirate101! This includes a few other ideas we have coming out soon too.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat Masterson For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-21-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (05-24-2019)