Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
       ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

[QUOTE=GoldenGuardian;313682]With respect to your reply, the rules of the official message boards forum do not allow: "

-inappropriate posts
    -posting negative rants with no constructive point
    -derogatory statements towards KingsIsle, our partners or other players

Clearly your statement is is critical, but it is extremely constructive. Your statement is not derogatory as well. I think the problem here is the word "inappropriate", for here KI can be subjective- they classified your post as inappropriate simply because they deem it so. They censored you because your comment was harmful to the state of the game. Such a comment would deter new players browsing the forums from joining, or may force some to reconsider financially supporting the game through memberships, crown and bundle purchases. "

I see it in another way . Though its possible to be the case its unlikely . Things in general have simple meaning before its complicated . Her statement is critical but not inappropriate in any way , and imo is meant to help the game not hurt it in any way , KI is hurting the game by not updating or answering to their customers . Its simple they just removed the post because it hit the nail on the head and they don't care enough to answer or see it , nor do they want other people to see it and ask more questions they are not willing to answer and most of all have no answer for .Ki its been known for years never cared what players think or say , their main goal is to make money hence why lame things like hoard packs , jade gear and so many bad things were put in the game to make as much money as possible and not make a better game . Sad thing is pirate101 could expand and become a great game and is worth investing in . So for now we can just expect a small update every couple of years just so the game don't die and KI continue to make money on it . The only time they would imo put some work into pirates is and if one of their other projects fails .
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 06-15-2019 at 04:35 AM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-15-2019),FearlessGriffinD (09-29-2019),GoldenGuardian (06-15-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-23-2019),Ravino (06-23-2019),Willowdreamer (06-15-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    i Disagree with this . Though its possible to be the case its unlikely . Things in general have simple meaning before its complicated . Her statement is critical but not inappropriate in any way , and imo is meant to help the game not hurt it in any way , KI is hurting the game by not updating or answering to their customers . Its simple they just removed the post because it hit the nail on the head and they don't care enough to answer or see it , nor do they want other people to see it and ask more questions they are not willing to answer and most of all have no answer for .Ki its been known for years never cared what players think or say , their main goal is to make money hence why lame things like hoard packs , jade gear and so many bad things were put in the game to make as much money as possible and not make a better game .
    Yes I agree with you, I also do not think her post was inappropriate. To clarify what I meant- I believe that the forum ruling on inappropriate posts is vague because the classification of what is and is not inappropriate is subjective- this gives KI power to remove anything they, and they only deem inappropriate.

For example, a citizen of North Korea speaking out against Kim's regime is (to most of us at least) not inappropriate, but the NK government would deem it so and censor the citizen. Likewise, in a less extreme case of course, Aurora's post was deemed inappropriate and censored by KI.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (06-15-2019),Crushcut (06-15-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-23-2019)

ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    Yes I agree with you, I also do not think her post was inappropriate. To clarify what I meant- I believe that the forum ruling on inappropriate posts is vague because the classification of what is and is not inappropriate is subjective- this gives KI power to remove anything they, and they only deem inappropriate.

For example, a citizen of North Korea speaking out against Kim's regime is (to most of us at least) not inappropriate, but the NK government would deem it so and censor the citizen. Likewise, in a less extreme case of course, Aurora's post was deemed inappropriate and censored by KI.
    Right i think so too.
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 06-15-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-15-2019)

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    With respect to your reply, the rules of the official message boards forum do not allow:

-inappropriate posts
    -posting negative rants with no constructive point
    -derogatory statements towards KingsIsle, our partners or other players

The issue with this is KI can easially flag anything they don't like, even if its trurly critical as "negative", it's an issue I have with most game fourms, since a biased mod could delete something they don't like and write it off as someone "being negative", I know it's not always the case, some people guenielly just want to complain with no point (heck everyone here probably knows I alawys take shots at the state of pirate/wiz but I at least TRY to put some form of point into it), but even still..

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (06-16-2019),Crushcut (06-17-2019),Elemutation (06-15-2019),FearlessGriffinD (09-29-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-23-2019),monkeycrew (06-15-2019),Ravino (06-23-2019),Willowdreamer (06-15-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I had a wizard friend that I convinced back in 2012 to try out Pirate. My friend was off work due to health issues but admitted all his life he had been an avid gamer of all games, but quit gaming (all games) due to their addictive quality and the amount of money he was spending. However, since he was stuck at home, he re-picked up Wizard and agreed to try out Pirate. In 2012 he was disappointed with the direction that Wiz was going, so he agreed to try out Pirate. He admitted there was a lot of potential to Pirate but was extremely disappointed that KI had "rushed the game out" and explained the reason they had was due to KI's decreasing popularity in the gaming industry. He also predicted that Pirate would probably get lost in KI's world due to Wiz and the need to go mobile. I was shocked! KI DECREASING POPULARITY?! (I had just started playing Wiz in 2011 - my first online game). Shortly thereafter my friend, disappeared from both games and I never heard from him again.

Now I look back and think maybe he was a prophet

Last edited by luvs2sleepalot; 06-15-2019 at 08:09 PM.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-23-2019),ClockWork12 (06-16-2019),Crushcut (06-17-2019),FusionSun (06-17-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-23-2019),monkeycrew (06-15-2019),Ravino (06-23-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (06-15-2019),Willowdreamer (06-15-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    I had a wizard friend that I convinced back in 2012 to try out Pirate. My friend was off work due to health issues but admitted all his life he had been an avid gamer of all games, but quit gaming (all games) due to their addictive quality and the amount of money he was spending. However, since he was stuck at home, he re-picked up Wizard and agreed to try out Pirate. In 2012 he was disappointed with the direction that Wiz was going, so he agreed to try out Pirate. He admitted there was a lot of potential to Pirate but was extremely disappointed that KI had "rushed the game out" and explained the reason they had was due to KI's decreasing popularity in the gaming industry. He also predicted that Pirate would probably get lost in KI's world due to Wiz and the need to go mobile. I was shocked! KI DECREASING POPULARITY?! (I had just started playing Wiz in 2011 - my first online game). Shortly thereafter my friend, disappeared from both games and I never heard from him again.

Now I look back and think maybe he was a prophet

People play games for very different reasons. While your "friend" may have seen the future coming and left before what he saw coming actually came true, he may have simply been one of those looking for something different from what Kingsisle was back when we found the games.

Humor, engaging story, family-friendly, and fun without too much difficulty was what drew me in and keeps me playing to this day.

PvP, hardcore challenges, hours-long content - these do not bring me logging in. Repeating the Moo Manchu tower over and over again is not my cup of tea, but I will do it occasionally when the stars align and I have the time to devote to it.

Doomsday predictions just make me sad.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (06-16-2019),Crushcut (06-17-2019),LuckyDuck (07-02-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    People play games for very different reasons. While your "friend" may have seen the future coming and left before what he saw coming actually came true, he may have simply been one of those looking for something different from what Kingsisle was back when we found the games.

Humor, engaging story, family-friendly, and fun without too much difficulty was what drew me in and keeps me playing to this day.

PvP, hardcore challenges, hours-long content - these do not bring me logging in. Repeating the Moo Manchu tower over and over again is not my cup of tea, but I will do it occasionally when the stars align and I have the time to devote to it.

Doomsday predictions just make me sad.

Doomsday predictions are indeed sad, but in the case of Pirate it may be seemingly true.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning on leaving the game. I have pirates that need leveling, badges to get, pets to improve etc. However, if KI does not do something to update this game by the time I have accomplished all those, it will indeed be a sad goodbye to two games that I very much enjoyed spending time on, seeing the graphic artistry, and learning the storyline and game play.

I'm not a fast click, kill zombie kind of person

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-17-2019),FusionSun (06-17-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-23-2019),monkeycrew (06-17-2019),Willowdreamer (06-16-2019)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFire054 View Post
    The issue with this is KI can easially flag anything they don't like, even if its trurly critical as "negative", it's an issue I have with most game fourms, since a biased mod could delete something they don't like and write it off as someone "being negative", I know it's not always the case, some people guenielly just want to complain with no point (heck everyone here probably knows I alawys take shots at the state of pirate/wiz but I at least TRY to put some form of point into it), but even still..
    Exactly my concern, @DarkFire054. I wish I could thank your post several times, haha. That's the problem - a biased moderator with that kind of power (the power to approve and reject posts that may not actually, truly need approving or rejecting) is extremely worrying and concerning.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-23-2019),DarkFire054 (06-23-2019),FearlessGriffinD (09-29-2019),luvs2sleepalot (06-23-2019)

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Exactly my concern, @DarkFire054. I wish I could thank your post several times, haha. That's the problem - a biased moderator with that kind of power (the power to approve and reject posts that may not actually, truly need approving or rejecting) is extremely worrying and concerning.

@DarkFire054 and @HelpfulAuroraParker do you know how long I have been essentially been saying that? A few months ago I actually volunteered to moderate the main message boards (albeit quietly) but never heard back on my request.

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol. Avatar (Me) made by Sock from Super Happy Fun Times. Profile and Signature picture (My Pirates) made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-23-2019),DarkFire054 (06-23-2019),monkeycrew (06-24-2019)

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post

The sad part is Matt was well-kown for doing this in the previous game he modded for, to the point that people were GLAD to see him gone, and since KI cares far less than the other company, i wouldn't be surpised if we was here to stay, even if its is horrbile for us, the people paying for the games

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

FearlessGriffinD (09-29-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-24-2019)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast