Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Something about the bashing here that's escaping me (and isn't fair to be honest).... why on earth wouldn't you expect negative things to be removed from the company's website by the community manager? If you go to official forums, expect official handling...........
    When you silence dissent, you create an army of yes men at your doorstep that will not help you correct your mistakes. Even if you go further away to seek critique and only wipe your house free of opposing views, it creates an awful environment and a worse look for those who see through.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-29-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),GoldenGuardian (06-30-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),MitchThePunisher (07-03-2019)

Jester is offline Administrator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by Varys View Post
    When you silence dissent, you create an army of yes men at your doorstep that will not help you correct your mistakes. Even if you go further away to seek critique and only wipe your house free of opposing views, it creates an awful environment and a worse look for those who see through.
    I am sure it's nothing more than keeping up appearances imho. Nothing quite as dramatic as some have suggested in this thread. There are no conspiracies........

My entire point:

Upset 11 players = Not good
    Turn off an untold number of potential players = Much wor$e

~Onward through the fog~

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jester For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-29-2019),monkeycrew (06-30-2019),Patrick. (06-30-2019)

ClockWork12 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

i think one thing we can all agree on and should agree on asking for an update or asking for questions to be answered while you are a paying player is not negative in any way , its in fact a players right to ask for answers . OP post was not negative to be deleted and she has every right to criticize ki for not answering questions or updating the game for years .There for its not some conspiracy or whatever else , it was simply wrong to delete her post on the top of the fact we are not getting answers on updates nor updates them selfs .IDK why some of us seems to want to dive off the tracks what the real topic was about . In the end there is no good reason to defend ki here because they are simply wrong and that doesn't matter either because we all love the game and ki . So instead of all this just give us some updates and that will make us all happy and thou it was wrong to delete the post by ki a new world for pirates will make people forget they even got mad.
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 06-30-2019 at 01:59 AM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (06-29-2019),DarkFire054 (06-29-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),luvs2sleepalot (06-30-2019)

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I am sure it's nothing more than keeping up appearances imho. Nothing quite as dramatic as some have suggested in this thread. There are no conspiracies........
    My entire point:
    But @Jester if that was Kingsisle's intention they already have done both, and more than 11 people are mad. Helpful Aurora Parker's original post here has 19 thanks for example, so that is 19 players right there, plus though I can't post the link here per the rules, I made a video on this subject that some non-Central members saw, so now that puts it about 25 people, and then you have people from the main boards angry over Bat Masterson's original post that don't watch my videos and also aren't on Central so now you are probably looking at 30 people, but wait there's more, then you have all the people on the Wizard side of the spiral that are angry over how the release of the Rainbow Teleport was handled, so now that puts it around 55 people that are angry at Kingsisle.

Most of those 55 people probably won't be telling people to keep spending money on the games either.

And then there was a design company that came out and said they couldn't recommend Pirate101.

Kingsisle has some work to do. In the video I made I provide solutions on how to fix the 3 mistakes Kingsisle made during this month.

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol: Two-Faced Aurora +A Roar A+ Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer, Two-Faced Dino *Die No* Clegg - Level 70 Privateer, ++ Does not make a roaring noise, ** Can and does die from time to time.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (06-30-2019),DarkFire054 (06-29-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),GoldenGuardian (06-30-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),monkeycrew (06-30-2019)

ClockWork12 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrzzzz419 View Post
    But @Jester if that was Kingsisle's intention they already have done both, and more than 11 people are mad. Helpful Aurora Parker's original post here has 19 thanks for example, so that is 19 players right there, plus though I can't post the link here per the rules, I made a video on this subject that some non-Central members saw, so now that puts it about 25 people, and then you have people from the main boards angry over Bat Masterson's original post that don't watch my videos and also aren't on Central so now you are probably looking at 30 people, but wait there's more, then you have all the people on the Wizard side of the spiral that are angry over how the release of the Rainbow Teleport was handled, so now that puts it around 55 people that are angry at Kingsisle.

Most of those 55 people probably won't be telling people to keep spending money on the games either.

And then there was a design company that came out and said they couldn't recommend Pirate101.

Kingsisle has some work to do. In the video I made I provide solutions on how to fix the 3 mistakes Kingsisle made during this month.
    55 people may of got upset over the how the post was deleted but i am 100 % sure nearly every single player is mad at KI how they handle the updates for pirate101 . Its the main topic in spar chamber and Avery court everyday . Its likely lot more then 55 . This wasn't my post yet i am upset about it because it feels like an insult to delete the post that was asking for more updates and answers . What really got me even more mad at KI is how they removed pvp ranked weapons rewards from a weapon vendor , why name the vendor a weapon vendor then remove the weapons and worst about it players begged for ki to put old weapons back and all they said is we are taking notes . Taking notes and making us players wait for a year to put the weapon rewards back . Thats just terrible neglect of what players want and what makes good sense for the game as well.NO good reason for it whatsoever .We spend money on the game and even when its something simple as this they ignore it . why for god sake.
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 06-30-2019 at 02:25 AM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

DarkFire054 (06-30-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),GoldenGuardian (06-30-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (06-30-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    55 people may of got upset over the how the post was deleted but i am 100 % sure nearly every single player is mad at KI how they handle the updates for pirate101 . Its the main topic in spar chamber and Avery court everyday . Its likely lot more then 55 . This wasn't my post yet i am upset about it because it feels like an insult to delete the post that was asking for more updates and answers . What really got me even more mad at KI is how they removed pvp ranked weapons rewards from a weapon vendor , why name the vendor a weapon vendor then remove the weapons and worst about it players begged for ki to put old weapons back and all they said is we are taking notes . Taking notes and making us players wait for a year to put the weapon rewards back . Thats just terrible neglect of what players want and what makes good sense for the game as well.NO good reason for it whatsoever .We spend money on the game and even when its something simple as this they ignore it . why for god sake.
    This.

I think its also important to keep in mind a lot of players do not visit the official boards- heck, a lot aren't even aware of its existence. If they were to voice their opinions, the boards would be filled with a lot more complaints and questions on new content. It is also safe to say that most would support Aurora if they knew her position. There are more than 55 people irritated.

------------------------------------

Time for me to be boring and blunt now.

I have given it some thought and I feel like these discussions are useless. I know that such topics generate discussion and is one the final things us players can talk about game wise, but if KI doesn't give an honest response and tell us how it is, then I feel its all pointless.

But we don't even need a response from KI. At this point, we can with near 100% confidence say the game is financially failing, as it has been for the past few years. Due to this, we should expect no proper updates, no new worlds, nothing of major merit, although perhaps if we are lucky we may get new skeleton key bosses or something...

Thus, I see no reason to ask KI questions about new contents or updates, or even critique them anymore for that matter. I see no reason for KI to give us answer [aside from the fact that they should respect long term players and tell the truth about the state of the game], for we already have the answer right in front of our eyes- they will not update, because they can't update. They dont have enough $$$.

KI censoring Aurora was a dumb move, but even if she wasn't censored, at this stage nothing will change for us players.

I know some of you are frustrated that the money you spent is going toward nothing, but this is just business. Some products succeed, like w101, and some unfortunately do not succeed, like p101. Sorry.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 06-30-2019 at 08:31 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (06-30-2019),luvs2sleepalot (06-30-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

My entire point:

Overzealous moderation is not so much a conspiracy as it is a detriment to the community. Pirate101 is not an active game by any stretch of the definition. Children that happen across it will play it without heeding much mind to the community. Older potential players are more likely to hear of it as a poisonous word beyond the confines of KI's site. Pirate101, for those who have even heard it, is regarded as a failure that could have been far better than the stagnant beast Wizard101 but that was ultimately neglected and subject to a slow death it is currently experiencing. KI is within every right to protect their brand's image and I do not think that the moderation is that overzealous, I am mostly arguing the point that a deceitful appearance is little more than a paper mask when the chips are down.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (06-30-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),monkeycrew (07-01-2019)

Patrick. is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• Patrick.'s Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Patrick
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Daring

hasn't the question already been answered before? I recall ratbeard saying something along the lines of, a "smaller canvas" for updates until there are more paying players, and the best way to expand that canvas is to get more people playing pirate101. in other words, pirate101 gets a proportionate amount of development resources poured into it as it does with the revenue is generates.

surely, updating the game would bring people back? I think he's answered this too - they've tried already, and it was not successful enough.
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick. For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (06-30-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Their attempts have been woefully incompetent.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

DarkFire054 (06-30-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),luvs2sleepalot (06-30-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick. View Post
    hasn't the question already been answered before? I recall ratbeard saying something along the lines of, a "smaller canvas" for updates until there are more paying players, and the best way to expand that canvas is to get more people playing pirate101. in other words, pirate101 gets a proportionate amount of development resources poured into it as it does with the revenue is generates.

surely, updating the game would bring people back? I think he's answered this too - they've tried already, and it was not successful enough.
    What you say here feels true. Except, we don't want to be.

For those of us who play both games, buying the "combo cards" to support BOTH games, buying Crowns through the Pirate101 website, etc., it feels like there should be a much more equitable division of resources. The newest combo cards only half-heartedly included Pirate101 with quarterly pet-boost totems.

What is the answer to those of us who say, "All you need to do is give us higher level gear for our bundles." Would that be a huge drain on resources devoted to Wizard101? I've been waiting to buy new ships and ship equipment forever, and I would, except NOTHING is being provided along those lines, much less anywhere new to sail to. But Wizard101 has ANOTHER new hoard pack or three.

Surely, instead of reskinning pets and mounts, someone could reskin some of those exclusive ships that almost no one got for buying a video card five years ago?

We just don't want it to be true...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (07-02-2019),monkeycrew (07-01-2019),Patrick. (06-30-2019)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast