Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    HelpfulAuroraParker's Avatar
       HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    664
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    6,180
    Thanks (Received)
    640
    Gold
    444
    Creative

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    This.

    I think its also important to keep in mind a lot of players do not visit the official boards- heck, a lot aren't even aware of its existence. If they were to voice their opinions, the boards would be filled with a lot more complaints and questions on new content. It is also safe to say that most would support Aurora if they knew her position. There are more than 55 people irritated.

    ------------------------------------

    Time for me to be boring and blunt now.

    I have given it some thought and I feel like these discussions are useless. I know that such topics generate discussion and is one the final things us players can talk about game wise, but if KI doesn't give an honest response and tell us how it is, then I feel its all pointless.

    But we don't even need a response from KI. At this point, we can with near 100% confidence say the game is financially failing, as it has been for the past few years. Due to this, we should expect no proper updates, no new worlds, nothing of major merit, although perhaps if we are lucky we may get new skeleton key bosses or something...

    Thus, I see no reason to ask KI questions about new contents or updates, or even critique them anymore for that matter. I see no reason for KI to give us answer [aside from the fact that they should respect long term players and tell the truth about the state of the game], for we already have the answer right in front of our eyes- they will not update, because they can't update. They dont have enough $$$.

    KI censoring Aurora was a dumb move, but even if she wasn't censored, at this stage nothing will change for us players.

    I know some of you are frustrated that the money you spent is going toward nothing, but this is just business. Some products succeed, like w101, and some unfortunately do not succeed, like p101. Sorry.
    I'd Thank your first part of the post if it were separate, but I unfortunately do not agree with your second part. It isn't about KingsIsle's finances - they're obviously happily spending money on Wizard101 and neglecting Pirate101. If it really were about finances, they wouldn't be spending anything on updates and Wizards would be in our same shoes.

    HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

    Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.




  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (07-01-2019),DarkFire054 (06-30-2019),FearlessGriffinD (09-29-2019),monkeycrew (07-01-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (06-30-2019)




  3. #42
    Rrrrzzzz419's Avatar
       Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    416
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    348
    Thanks (Received)
    590
    Gold
    111

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    55 people may of got upset over the how the post was deleted but i am 100 % sure nearly every single player is mad at KI how they handle the updates for pirate101 . Its the main topic in spar chamber and Avery court everyday . Its likely lot more then 55 . This wasn't my post yet i am upset about it because it feels like an insult to delete the post that was asking for more updates and answers . What really got me even more mad at KI is how they removed pvp ranked weapons rewards from a weapon vendor , why name the vendor a weapon vendor then remove the weapons and worst about it players begged for ki to put old weapons back and all they said is we are taking notes . Taking notes and making us players wait for a year to put the weapon rewards back . Thats just terrible neglect of what players want and what makes good sense for the game as well.NO good reason for it whatsoever .We spend money on the game and even when its something simple as this they ignore it . why for god sake.
    You're right. There could be way more than 55 people mad at Kingsisle. And Kingsisle Live this month peaked around 676 viewers when they have got 1100 before. That may or may not be a bad sign for them. And Kingsisle got 2 raids as Kingsisle Live was starting, and that didn't substantially help the viewer count. I agree about it seeming like an insult to delete a post, but maybe they are working on something, albeit small that they can't talk about yet. But something small won't have a lot of effect, we need a new world. And why take the weapons away unless you replace them with new weapons. That just means there is less incentive to do ranked PVP.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    This.

    I think its also important to keep in mind a lot of players do not visit the official boards- heck, a lot aren't even aware of its existence. If they were to voice their opinions, the boards would be filled with a lot more complaints and questions on new content. It is also safe to say that most would support Aurora if they knew her position. There are more than 55 people irritated.

    ------------------------------------

    Time for me to be boring and blunt now.

    I have given it some thought and I feel like these discussions are useless. I know that such topics generate discussion and is one the final things us players can talk about game wise, but if KI doesn't give an honest response and tell us how it is, then I feel its all pointless.

    But we don't even need a response from KI. At this point, we can with near 100% confidence say the game is financially failing, as it has been for the past few years. Due to this, we should expect no proper updates, no new worlds, nothing of major merit, although perhaps if we are lucky we may get new skeleton key bosses or something...

    Thus, I see no reason to ask KI questions about new contents or updates, or even critique them anymore for that matter. I see no reason for KI to give us answer [aside from the fact that they should respect long term players and tell the truth about the state of the game], for we already have the answer right in front of our eyes- they will not update, because they can't update. They dont have enough $$$.

    KI censoring Aurora was a dumb move, but even if she wasn't censored, at this stage nothing will change for us players.

    I know some of you are frustrated that the money you spent is going toward nothing, but this is just business. Some products succeed, like w101, and some unfortunately do not succeed, like p101. Sorry.
    What percentage of the Pirate 101 community do you think doesn't know about or visit the main boards on a regular basis? Maybe that is part of the problem, if more people knew about the main boards then more people might buy a membership so they could access them. You may have just brought big flaw to light no one was even thinking about. I actually do think Pirate 101 is financially stable, only because it shares Wizard 101's servers though. That's why the game is still running as of now, and Kingsisle is thinking we can just update Wizard 101 and pay the minimal upkeep needed to also run Pirate 101 on the same servers. But that isn't the smartest idea, lets say another company wanted to acquire Kingsisle, they could sell out for much more money if both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 were thriving.

    Captains Of The #TrollPatrol. Avatar (Me) made by Sock from Super Happy Fun Times. Profile and Signature picture (My Pirates) made by @HelpfulAuroraParker.



  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

    ClockWork12 (06-30-2019),Crushcut (07-01-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019)


  5. #43
    Patrick.'s Avatar
       Patrick. is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • Patrick.'s Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Patrick
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    605
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    411
    Thanks (Received)
    243
    Gold
    219
    Daring

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    What you say here feels true. Except, we don't want to be.

    For those of us who play both games, buying the "combo cards" to support BOTH games, buying Crowns through the Pirate101 website, etc., it feels like there should be a much more equitable division of resources. The newest combo cards only half-heartedly included Pirate101 with quarterly pet-boost totems.

    What is the answer to those of us who say, "All you need to do is give us higher level gear for our bundles." Would that be a huge drain on resources devoted to Wizard101? I've been waiting to buy new ships and ship equipment forever, and I would, except NOTHING is being provided along those lines, much less anywhere new to sail to. But Wizard101 has ANOTHER new hoard pack or three.

    Surely, instead of reskinning pets and mounts, someone could reskin some of those exclusive ships that almost no one got for buying a video card five years ago?

    We just don't want it to be true...

    yeah i was just thinking the same thing. when the key fights were added, i remember thinking "cool, except they're completely useless and drops nothing anybody wants" surely people will farm anyway, but there needs to be some REAL reward to go after. what if after completing a daily quest, you had a rare chance of recruiting one of the 2000000 crown shop companions that already exist? also, something needs to be done to get all these players back. these people still exist, and KingsIsle needs to do something to get them back. some that haven't even been online since the max level was 50.

    i think it's somewhat of a chain affect - some people want to start playing again, but the game just isn't fun without friends or people to play with. SOMETHING to bring people back would be very helpful - like events that wizard is getting now. I remember hearing that Pirate101 is easier to develop programming-wise, but there's a LOT of art. Make an event that doesn't require much art. Give people a reason to log into the game.
    Last edited by Patrick.; 06-30-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234



  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patrick. For This Useful Post:

    ClockWork12 (06-30-2019),Crushcut (07-01-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),GoldenGuardian (06-30-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),monkeycrew (07-01-2019),Willowdreamer (06-30-2019)


  7. #44
    ClockWork12's Avatar
       ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks (Received)
    157
    Gold
    36

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick. View Post
    yeah i was just thinking the same thing. when the key fights were added, i remember thinking "cool, except they're completely useless and drops nothing anybody wants" surely people will farm anyway, but there needs to be some REAL reward to go after. what if after completing a daily quest, you had a rare chance of recruiting one of the 2000000 crown shop companions that already exist? also, something needs to be done to get all these players back. these people still exist, and KingsIsle needs to do something to get them back. some that haven't even been online since the max level was 50.

    i think it's somewhat of a chain affect - some people want to start playing again, but the game just isn't fun without friends or people to play with. SOMETHING to bring people back would be very helpful - like events that wizard is getting now. I remember hearing that Pirate101 is easier to develop programming-wise, but there's a LOT of art. Make an event that doesn't require much art. Give people a reason to log into the game.
    this is kinda off topic but i am really glad you spoke about the chain affect . Its absolutely the case with how things roll in the game . When there is a group of people doing pvp many others join and then have their friends join as an example . Same goes with how when you log in and see your friend gone you end up leaving your self as well as others who know you leave . There is so many simple things KI can do for the game that they are not doing .
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511



  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (07-01-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-30-2019),monkeycrew (07-01-2019),Patrick. (07-01-2019),Willowdreamer (06-30-2019)


  9. #45
    GoldenGuardian's Avatar
       GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  99
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    280
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    507
    Thanks (Received)
    650
    Gold
    342
    Worried

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    I'd Thank your first part of the post if it were separate, but I unfortunately do not agree with your second part. It isn't about KingsIsle's finances - they're obviously happily spending money on Wizard101 and neglecting Pirate101. If it really were about finances, they wouldn't be spending anything on updates and Wizards would be in our same shoes.
    I disagree, it is still about finances and basic business strategy.

    Clearly Wizard101 is the money making machine for KI, and Pirate101 is not. Yes, they do have money to invest in p101, and to make new worlds. But this will not happen. For KingsIsle, investing in p101 is a foolish decision at this point. The playerbase is far too low, and p101 will not bring enough revenue. It is way too risky to invest in p101, and thus they wont.

    If you were KI, ask yourself this: would you direct resources and finances to a game that is still quite successful and yields a lot of money, or would you expend the same amount of resources on a game that is nearly dead, and face a near certain chance of generating heavy losses? Clearly you would NOT invest in the latter. We can not force KI to invest in a product they do not want to. I encourage you to read this paragraph again as I can not stress its importance enough- this is my main argument.

    I know this is uncomfortable, and we all want p101 to get new worlds, but this sadly is not financially viable. W101 is far more profitable, thus it gets all the updates and cool things. Pirate101 did not bring enough $$$ for KI, thus it got neglected.

    ------------------------------

    Now to address some common counterpoints I hear:

    1.) If p101 makes a new world update, more players will join and old players will return, and it will yield revenue!

    In the Valencia II update, a lot of players did return, and a lot of people did buy memberships and crown purchases. This is true. Yet we see that not enough players did return. If Valencia II was financially successful, we would have seen another p101 world by now. The cost of making new content is extremely high, and unfortunately Valencia II did not raise enough money to do so.

    2.) We are loyal paying customers and getting neglected, whilst w101 gets all the cool stuff. We deserve a new world!

    We are indeed the loyal few who still remain, and we do deserve new content. This does not change anything though. Just because the few of us remaining pay, does not mean we will get new worlds. We need enough people to pay and give KI money to make new worlds for p101, but we do not have enough. Once again, its just business.

    ------------------------------

    @Rrrrzzzz419 , whenever I ask people to check the message boards most do not know what I am talking about. This includes paying and non paying players. In the spring decortaing contest for example, I was surprised I was the only entry in my category, and I got first place because no one else entered. Other categories had limited entries as well. No one seems to access other features KI has in store, they just play the game...

    Also, I am not sure that people would buy membership for the sole reason of accessing the boards, but it could play a role. I just do not think it may be a big role.

    ------------------------------

    Yes, I am going to be the one with the unpopular opinion here. I believe that we should come to terms with the fact that is this game is financially fruitless for KI, and thus we should not expect any grand updates and stuff. You can pray and hope for a miracle, or do some ridiculously crazy go fund me page idk, but in the end I feel like complaining, criticizing and questioning KI on their lack of updates is meaningless.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 07-01-2019 at 01:30 AM.





  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (07-01-2019),LuckyDuck (07-02-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (07-01-2019)


  11. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    38
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    28
    Thanks (Received)
    70
    Gold
    35
    Breezy

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    why would kingsisle even make a spin off of wizard101 (other than for money of course, obviously) if they aren't going to update the game? i have no idea if they even plan on updating pirate101 with actual real updates but as long as they're updating wizard101 (with real updates) then i have hope that they will and so should you, lighten up people.



  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vice42 For This Useful Post:

    Crushcut (07-01-2019),DarkFire054 (07-01-2019)


  13. #47
    Varys's Avatar
       Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    24
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    111
    Gold
    46

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    There is a point where forced positivity becomes willful ignorance.



  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

    axel125 (07-04-2019),Crushcut (07-02-2019),FearlessGriffinD (09-29-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-01-2019),Patrick. (07-01-2019)


  15. #48
    monkeycrew's Avatar
       monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

    • monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    684
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    690
    Thanks (Received)
    1,087
    Gold
    96
    Dreaming

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    I'm pretty neutral when it comes into the question of the cause of updates, although everyone would like to say "they're working on it with x evidence" that can only go so far. Look at the updates wiz has already gotten this year. It is now July and we pirates have gotten, quite literally, nothing. Not even a new reskinned mount or pet. (do correct me if I'm wrong) Yes, KI is probably financially strained and cannot afford a gamble on pirate. However, I was thinking - they merged into an MMO team with wiz. Shouldn't all the resources and finances fall under said MMO team? Either way (I'm probably wrong on this too lol), the reason why they really can't update, like GoldenGuardian said, is because of this. However, the cause is not because of us. It is entirely, 110% Kingsisle's fault. They neglected and have been neglecting it for so long nobody is playing anymore, or even an incentive to play. I even find myself barely logging in and when I do I'm bored out of my mind. The 3 things I can only do are farm for drops for wiki (I'm sorry I havent been doing this, not only time but see previous comment), buy that one area left I thought I bought but I actually didn't, or slowly level up one of my musket's pets. It's not like we don't want to play, like for me I WANT to be able to farm and record drops for hours on end...but there's just no motivation. Nobody's on, and nothing's new. Then Kingsisle begs us to find new players? They aren't even advertising for P101. What is and whatever happens to p101, it's their fault and not ours. And censoring Aurora's post was also a bad move. Find people that can actually run a forum and maybe update a game that hasn't even had an actual update in 5-6 years

    I understand the whole "can't do as much because not enough resources" but not doing anything at all is not acceptable to a playerbase in a game on life support.

    At this point, I'll just take that 3rd promotion the Kraken Skulls 5 have unreleased in the files.

    EDIT: Thanks Willow. lol.
    Last edited by monkeycrew; 07-01-2019 at 06:08 PM.

    Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70



  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

    axel125 (07-04-2019),ClockWork12 (07-01-2019),Crushcut (07-02-2019),FusionSun (07-02-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-01-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (07-01-2019)


  17. #49
    Willowdreamer's Avatar
       Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,844
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7,397
    Thanks (Received)
    8,508
    Gold
    1,934
    Fine

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    I'm pretty neutral when it comes into the question of the cause of updates, although everyone would like to say "they're working on it with x evidence" that can only go so far. Look at the updates wiz has already gotten this year. It is now July and we pirates have gotten, quite literally, nothing. Not even a new reskinned mount or pet. (do correct me if I'm wrong) Yes, KI is probably financially strained and cannot afford a gamble on pirate. However, I was thinking - they merged into an MMO team with wiz. Shouldn't all the resources and finances fall under said MMO team? Either way (I'm probably wrong on this too lol), the reason why they really can't update, like GoldenGuardian said, is because of this. However, the cause is not because of us. It is entirely, 110% Kingsisle's fault. They neglected and have been neglecting it for so long nobody is playing anymore, or even an incentive to play. I even find myself barely logging in and when I do I'm bored out of my mind. The 3 things I can only do are farm for drops for wiki (I'm sorry I havent been doing this, not only time but see previous comment), buy that one area left I thought I bought but I actually didn't, or slowly level up one of my musket's pets. It's not like we don't want to play, like for me I WANT to be able to farm and record drops for hours on end...but there's just no motivation. Nobody's on, and nothing's new. Then Kingsisle begs us to find new players? They aren't even advertising for P101. What is and whatever happens to p101, it's their fault and not ours. And censoring Aurora's post was also a bad move. Find people that can actually run a forum and maybe update a game that hasn't even had an actual update in 5-6 years

    I understand the whole "can't do as much because not enough resources" but not doing anything at all is not acceptable to a playerbase in a game on life support.

    At this point, I'll just take that 3rd promotion the Kraken Skulls 5 have unreleased in the files.
    In March, we got the Luck of the Green Turtle, and the Spring Flower mount and annual April Fool's mount for both games, but there hasn't been anything since then.

    June 6 was the last message from Ratbeard on his Q&A thread. Decius last posted on the offical forums way back in December, 2018 (maybe we hurt his feelings when we complained so loudly about only getting pets and mounts?). Everyone is super busy with the Falmea-Favorite Deckathalon(s), I guess, and the focus for community communication has moved to social media, which some of us do not follow.

    Updating the wiki when you feel like it is much appreciated -- it's my own main reason for logging in and questing on my pirates. There are fleeting moments when I do think, why bother if no one else cares? But then I remember that @Jester cares to keep this site running, and so do several members and guests who stop by from time to time, so I keep on.

    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 07-01-2019 at 06:15 PM.




  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

    ClockWork12 (07-01-2019),Crushcut (07-02-2019),Jester (07-22-2019),Kingurz (07-02-2019),monkeycrew (07-01-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (07-01-2019)


  19. #50
    ClockWork12's Avatar
       ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks (Received)
    157
    Gold
    36

    Re: My Deleted Post on the Main Message Boards

    Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    In March, we got the Luck of the Green Turtle, and the Spring Flower mount and annual April Fool's mount for both games, but there hasn't been anything since then.

    June 6 was the last message from Ratbeard on his Q&A thread. Decius last posted on the offical forums way back in December, 2018 (maybe we hurt his feelings when we complained so loudly about only getting pets and mounts?). Everyone is super busy with the Falmea-Favorite Deckathalon(s), I guess, and the focus for community communication has moved to social media, which some of us do not follow.

    Updating the wiki when you feel like it is much appreciated -- it's my own main reason for logging in and questing on my pirates. There are fleeting moments when I do think, why bother if no one else cares? But then I remember that @Jester cares to keep this site running, and so do several members and guests who stop by from time to time, so I keep on.

    Again off topic but felt a need to say this = @Jester thank you for all you do with these two websites you run for us , its very much appreciated as well as big thank you to all the staff , wiki masters , tournament masters , mods ect .I been on Central sites since they were made and truly appreciate everything you guys done for 10 years now for the players and others.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511



  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

    FearlessGriffinD (09-29-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (07-01-2019),Jester (07-22-2019),LuckyDuck (07-02-2019),monkeycrew (07-02-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (07-01-2019),Willowdreamer (07-01-2019)


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •