•  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Daring

Temple Guardian in Blood Obsidian Key Fight?

Was farming Captain Blood today in the obsidian key room, and on this run three "Temple Guardians" appeared. I wasn't paying attention and thought they were on my team at first - until we started actually having a hard time. Then I thought, how did those even get in here? I've been farming all day and never seen those before. After they were killed, Captain Blood summoned three more of his usual ghosts (he had already summoned them normally earlier i think). Anyone know where they came from?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2019-07-01 23-15-44-963.jpg   Picture 2019-07-01 23-16-37-143.jpg   Picture 2019-07-01 23-17-05-279.jpg  
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrick. For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (07-02-2019),Cody Nightblade (07-01-2019),Crushcut (07-02-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Re: Temple Guardian in Blood Obsidian Key Fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick. View Post
    Was farming Captain Blood today in the obsidian key room, and on this run three "Temple Guardians" appeared. I wasn't paying attention and thought they were on my team at first - until we started actually having a hard time. Then I thought, how did those even get in here? I've been farming all day and never seen those before. After they were killed, Captain Blood summoned three more of his usual ghosts (he had already summoned them normally earlier i think). Anyone know where they came from?
    This is normal. After the first three rounds, Blood summons the three normal specters we are all familiar with. If you manage to reach round 6, he will summon 3 elephant ghosts, which are the temple guardians you speak of. Most people finish the fight before round 6, so they do not see these elephant spirits at all, and some may not even know they exist! In round 9, blood summons 3 normal specters again. According to the wiki he stops after 4 summon cycles, so I believe round 12 will be the last time he summons minions [which are likely the elephants].

If you are farming alone, I wish you the best of luck and hope you finish before round 6. If you are farming with others, i strongly recommend killing him with heavy aoe magic like storms and blood flames [so bring scratch along]*. Too often I have seen the dumbfounded buccaneer/buckler revive blood when blood nearly died, and it is not pretty reaching round 8 and beyond with blood still alive and kicking.

*I looked at your pic again, seems you know what you are doing . Good luck farming!
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 07-02-2019 at 09:01 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (07-06-2019),Crushcut (07-02-2019),Patrick. (07-02-2019),Willowdreamer (07-02-2019)

Patrick. is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• Patrick.'s Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Patrick
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Daring

Re: Temple Guardian in Blood Obsidian Key Fight?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    This is normal. After the first three rounds, Blood summons the three normal specters we are all familiar with. If you manage to reach round 6, he will summon 3 elephant ghosts, which are the temple guardians you speak of. Most people finish the fight before round 6, so they do not see these elephant spirits at all, and some may not even know they exist! In round 9, blood summons 3 normal specters again. According to the wiki he stops after 4 summon cycles, so I believe round 12 will be the last time he summons minions [which are likely the elephants].If you are farming alone, I wish you the best of luck and hope you finish before round 6. If you are farming with others, i strongly recommend killing him with heavy aoe magic like storms and blood flames [so bring scratch along]*. Too often I have seen the dumbfounded buccaneer/buckler revive blood when blood nearly died, and it is not pretty reaching round 8 and beyond with blood still alive and kicking.*I looked at your pic again, seems you know what you are doing . Good luck farming!
    oh lol yeah normally i had finished before round 6, and so did the person i was farming with too i guess since they were just as confused. 50+ runs (no jacket still btw) and I guess it never took us this long lol
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrick. For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (07-02-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (07-03-2019)