Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Breezy

Unhappy yearly is long enough please

looking at the update notes, pirate101 seems to be updating yearly which i personally don't mind because imo that's plenty long enough but if pirate101 doesn't update at least once this year (2019) then i fear we'll never see yearly updates again and instead see updates 2 (or more ) years at a time.

been thinking about this a lot lately which is vexing, really hoping i'm wrong on this.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vice42 For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (08-13-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-14-2019),luvs2sleepalot (08-11-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (08-11-2019),Willowdreamer (08-11-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: yearly is long enough please

Well I really do hope KI updates Pirate. I finished my 2nd pirate tonight and even though my whole crew was decimated in Kane and I had to buy 2 minions to finish the battle. I loved every minute and laughed my head off. I have 3 Pirates left to go. One is in cool ranch, one is in monquistador and one is in skull. I really hope I don't finish them before a new world is introduced'

I popped onto Wiz last night after a year of being away just for a look see and was surprised how fast I got bored. Blade trap hit or blade blade hit, it was the same thing battle after battle. Pirate has MUCH more interesting game play. You're not sure - will you epic? will the opp kill everyone on your team? can you risk hitting or should you hide or run away. It's much more enjoyable to watch than the same spells and same game play that I was doing a year ago.

Please KI I beg you. Please update Pirate. While others may have issues with your graphics, I find them interesting and colorful. While some may be confused or annoyed with the story lines, I find the historical easter eggs and the smart dialogue refreshing and enjoyable.

Please don't send me out into the cold dark world of MMORPG where all I have is who can click fast enough

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-12-2019),FusionSun (08-13-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-14-2019),monkeycrew (08-12-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (08-12-2019),Stephanie (08-13-2019),Vice42 (08-12-2019),Willowdreamer (08-13-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Alas, right now I can't expect anything from Pirate101. "It's a nice game and it's gonna stay as it is" is more or less what I tell myself and potential pirates.

I got tired of holding my breath about two years ago. It's clear KingsIsle has no interest in updating Pirate at the present or adding in significant content in the near future. It's a dead game and we need to treat it as such - KI may or may not revive it later on, but until they can show us their intentions we gotta face the reality we got.

With some luck KI might scrap together some unfinished content for a Fall update, but anything bigger is just wishing thinking for this year...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

axel125 (08-15-2019),Crushcut (08-12-2019),FusionSun (08-13-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (08-14-2019),monkeycrew (08-12-2019),Vice42 (08-12-2019),Willowdreamer (08-13-2019)

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino View Post
    Alas, right now I can't expect anything from Pirate101. "It's a nice game and it's gonna stay as it is" is more or less what I tell myself and potential pirates.

I got tired of holding my breath about two years ago. It's clear KingsIsle has no interest in updating Pirate at the present or adding in significant content in the near future. It's a dead game and we need to treat it as such - KI may or may not revive it later on, but until they can show us their intentions we gotta face the reality we got.

With some luck KI might scrap together some unfinished content for a Fall update, but anything bigger is just wishing thinking for this year...
    I kind of think this week Kingsisle will give Pirate 101 a producers letter (if not this week, then next), though it could be something small in it. I do think by next month we will have a test realm, with an update by October. It could just be crafting, it could just be ranked ship pvp, or it could be 5 new levels. I don't think it would be more than any of those 3 things, but I do think it will be 1 of those 3 things.

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol: Two-Faced Aurora +A Roar A+ Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer, Two-Faced Dino *Die No* Clegg - Level 70 Privateer, ++ Does not make a roaring noise, ** Can and does die from time to time.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (08-13-2019),monkeycrew (08-12-2019),Vice42 (08-12-2019),Willowdreamer (08-12-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino View Post
    Thank you for saying it so well. It put me in mind of a quote from T.S. Eliot --
    “This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.”

@Bat Masterson is doing his best to give us the impression that Pirate101 has not been abandoned, but with losing even Decius' monthly pet update and not even a "new" mount since Spring? Ratbeard coming back to the message boards, only to tell us he needs time to get back up to speed and ask US what issues are we wanting him to look at? Falmea Fridays dried up a long time ago, and even when they were a thing, they tried to parrot what was asked about Wizard101. Everyone can see that Wizard101 is getting almost WEEKLY updates for the past year, while Pirate101 languishes, and there was no parallel question to ask Pirates about new content, was there?

Pirate101 is a great game. It's a lot of fun, and needs more players. Pirate101 Central is a labor of love for those of us still active, and we can't be too negative or we turn off potential new members. I believe players would come if something new was happening, but that is up to Kingsisle, not us.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

axel125 (08-15-2019),Crushcut (08-12-2019),FusionSun (08-13-2019),luvs2sleepalot (08-12-2019),monkeycrew (08-12-2019),Ravino (08-13-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (08-12-2019),Stephanie (08-13-2019),Vice42 (08-12-2019)

Varys is online now Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

We've sailed past the "being too negative" point long, long ago. If KI will not do the bare minimum to attract new players and retain existing ones, neither will I.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

axel125 (08-15-2019),Crushcut (08-12-2019),DarkFire054 (08-14-2019),Elemutation (08-12-2019),FusionSun (08-13-2019),luvs2sleepalot (08-12-2019),monkeycrew (08-12-2019),Ravino (08-13-2019),Vice42 (08-12-2019),Willowdreamer (08-12-2019)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Literally at this point, find a new game. Sorry but an entire year without an update was foreseen to happen eventually. I don't blame KI though. The best course of action for them as a company would be to try to get a good active update cycle going for Wizard101, get it on more platforms (Mobile version of Wiz is maybe when the company itself can get back on its feet) and just neglect Pirates. It's sad to say but it is the right move. With that in mind, just jump ship (pun intended) before you pull your hair out. When you have all classes fully maxed and decked out and the only thing to do is PVP but even that is stale there is no reason to play this game. It isn't even rude or hatred that fuels one to say to anyone even debating getting into Pirate101 to say "Just don't waste your time or money on it" but rather the clear and simple truth at this point that even the die hardest lovers of this game can't even lie to themselves about no matter how hard they would or could try.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-14-2019),FusionSun (08-13-2019),monkeycrew (08-13-2019),Ravino (08-13-2019),Willowdreamer (08-13-2019)

Rrrrzzzz419 is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Khione View Post
    Literally at this point, find a new game. Sorry but an entire year without an update was foreseen to happen eventually. I don't blame KI though. The best course of action for them as a company would be to try to get a good active update cycle going for Wizard101, get it on more platforms (Mobile version of Wiz is maybe when the company itself can get back on its feet) and just neglect Pirates. It's sad to say but it is the right move. With that in mind, just jump ship (pun intended) before you pull your hair out. When you have all classes fully maxed and decked out and the only thing to do is PVP but even that is stale there is no reason to play this game. It isn't even rude or hatred that fuels one to say to anyone even debating getting into Pirate101 to say "Just don't waste your time or money on it" but rather the clear and simple truth at this point that even the die hardest lovers of this game can't even lie to themselves about no matter how hard they would or could try.
    As another video producer for the game you are telling me we should give up hope before the time we got last year's update? Why give up now when last year there was no update until Mid-September?

Captains Of The #TrollPatrol: Two-Faced Aurora +A Roar A+ Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer, Two-Faced Dino *Die No* Clegg - Level 70 Privateer, ++ Does not make a roaring noise, ** Can and does die from time to time.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rrrrzzzz419 For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (08-13-2019),Willowdreamer (08-13-2019)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrzzzz419 View Post
    As another video producer for the game you are telling me we should give up hope before the time we got last year's update? Why give up now when last year there was no update until Mid-September?
    As much as I loved this game, I spent years playing it, making content for it. Being as involved in the community as I could be. Every update just isn't an update, it's filler. Updates that are filler that are suppose to be an entire year worth of your fruits of fruition is just more than enough that even as someone who did as much as they could to help support this game and encourage others to play it. I'd feel wrong to tell someone otherwise that they'd be better off finding a different game rather then wasting anymore money or time on Pirate101 as there is sadly as of this current moment any real future or actualy plans they possibly could have for it. For the company to say otherwise is just blatant lies at this point. Will there be an update this year? Yes, probably. Will it be anything worth sticking around for, getting into the game for, returning to the game for? HIGHLY AND ALMOST POSITIVELY NO it wont be. As someone who has supported this company for a decade, half my life. They have a long way to go before this will change. If they are going to go the best route, it still is like I said involving leaving Pirates in the same position they are in currently and maybe worse if they really wanna advance/catch up to the current competition.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-14-2019),Ravino (08-13-2019),Willowdreamer (08-13-2019)

numbly1980 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I go by this saying often:You can lead a horse to water,but you cant make him drink it,IMO this describes KI in this topic.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to numbly1980 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-14-2019),Willowdreamer (08-13-2019)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast