My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

September Producer's Letter

Just read the September Producer's Letter,
    https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

I just started laughing maniacally when I read the comment "It simply means that updates won't be on such a grand scale in the foreseeable future" Um we've had grand updates in the recent past?

At least this time, KI was honest and has told us they have no plans of continuing the story. I think they pretty much killed this game with this news, although even if they hadn't said anything, I'm sure alot of people would have been leaving if no story update in October.

I still have Pirates that I'm leveling and will continue to play the game until all pirates are maxed, but there is now a foreseeable end date to my time with KI games.
    Anyone else's comments/ thoughts on the Producer's Letter?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

axel125 (09-28-2019),ClockWork12 (09-29-2019),Cody Nightblade (10-06-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-29-2019),LuckyDuck (09-29-2019),monkeycrew (09-28-2019),Ravino (09-29-2019),Tomas (09-28-2019),Willowdreamer (09-28-2019)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: September Producer's Letter

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    Just read the September Producer's Letter,
    https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

I just started laughing maniacally when I read the comment "It simply means that updates won't be on such a grand scale in the foreseeable future" Um we've had grand updates in the recent past?

At least this time, KI was honest and has told us they have no plans of continuing the story. I think they pretty much killed this game with this news, although even if they hadn't said anything, I'm sure alot of people would have been leaving if no story update in October.

I still have Pirates that I'm leveling and will continue to play the game until all pirates are maxed, but there is now a foreseeable end date to my time with KI games.
    Anyone else's comments/ thoughts on the Producer's Letter?
    Most of us have been commenting on the KI Live thread, but thanks for starting this one specifically about the Producer's Letter.

I suppose it could have been worse, they could have announced that NO more updates were planned.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (10-06-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-28-2019),Tomas (09-28-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I don't know. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. I didn't expect them to add a story update any time soon and while it's nice for them to admit it, it's not breaking news.

I'll still play this game and I hope we get some fun things to do even if it's not adding to the story. Although I don't like the fact that they're talking about adding new crown items. It's like, yeah we aren't updating the game but we will still gladly take your money regardless.

It's a bit upsetting the way KI seem to be going lately. I'm not falling for it - they aren't getting any money from me beyond my monthly memberships. So I hope they begin to add ACTUAL content for me to play, else I'll get bored and have no reason for my membership. I still play Wizard101 but same goes. I don't feel I'm getting my money's worth out of KI overall. It's more and more spending each time and it's getting pointless.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (09-30-2019),ClockWork12 (09-29-2019),Cody Nightblade (10-06-2019),FusionSun (09-28-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-29-2019),LuckyDuck (09-29-2019),monkeycrew (09-28-2019),Ravino (09-29-2019),Willowdreamer (09-28-2019)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

It was expected, however it seems there WERE plans for an expansion but were told to scrap it (see "Glassdoor Review"), so for them to say that is kinda hypocritical.

I may still hop on some, but I don't know. I've been busy anyway, but really, for me, why? All of my pirates are maxed, I have all areas bought, I've gone through and maxed all companions I've wanted, maybe i'll just try by grants overwatch and burst fire pet for my musket, but after that, I don't know.

We all WANT to keep playing and investing, but if we aren't going to get what we want and are told that TO OUR FACE... I dunno guys.

Oh these new skeleton key bosses are cash grabs. You beat them 25 times and then they UNLOCK as companions in the crown shop, in addition to the new elixirs.

And the game is now easier.... ugh. That's what I hate the most about this. Cool Ranch isn't even that hard people!

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (09-28-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-29-2019),LuckyDuck (09-29-2019),Tomas (09-28-2019),Willowdreamer (09-29-2019)

ToonTown565 is offline Rookie

• ToonTown565's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Two Faced Terry Cog
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

(It's been a solid 4 months since I've visited anything KI related, y'know, busy summer, and college does that to ya, and ofc distancing yourself from the community, does that.)

This really hasn't surprised me. I won't lie, I had the littlest glint of hope that somehow, somehow, some content update would happen, but in the end, I knew that was just me hoping something good would happen, and surprise, it didn't.

I like how Key bosses did NOT bring anything to the game, specifically, two of the bosses were useless for drops (guess you could argue brass was okay for getting script but like nobody uses that.) Old Scratch was useless for drops (I like how the best Witch weapon is still a level ten drop from Phule.) Only Blood and Duck had worthwhile drops, but then Old Scratch's promo brought us Doom Mojo, and it took so much complaining just to get it pvp banned (an ability that's abused and used for game sabotage.)

So yeah, I'm done. It was a fun five years, but when a team PVP orientated game is getting more lore (Overwatch) than a STORY ORIENTATED game, it's time to leave.
    3/5 Characters maxxed

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToonTown565 For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (09-28-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-29-2019),monkeycrew (09-28-2019),Willowdreamer (09-29-2019)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTown565 View Post
    (It's been a solid 4 months since I've visited anything KI related, y'know, busy summer, and college does that to ya, and ofc distancing yourself from the community, does that.)

This really hasn't surprised me. I won't lie, I had the littlest glint of hope that somehow, somehow, some content update would happen, but in the end, I knew that was just me hoping something good would happen, and surprise, it didn't.

I like how Key bosses did NOT bring anything to the game, specifically, two of the bosses were useless for drops (guess you could argue brass was okay for getting script but like nobody uses that.) Old Scratch was useless for drops (I like how the best Witch weapon is still a level ten drop from Phule.) Only Blood and Duck had worthwhile drops, but then Old Scratch's promo brought us Doom Mojo, and it took so much complaining just to get it pvp banned (an ability that's abused and used for game sabotage.)

So yeah, I'm done. It was a fun five years, but when a team PVP orientated game is getting more lore (Overwatch) than a STORY ORIENTATED game, it's time to leave.
    Your name is very fitting to the lack of content (and quality of) that is happening.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (09-29-2019),Willowdreamer (09-29-2019)

Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I always appreciate that it's not enough for KI to just observe this game's shambling corpse, but they actively have to desecrate it. This game is ridiculously easy as it is, and they opted to nerf naval combat because they saw children that couldn't win instantly. Hilarious.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (09-29-2019),monkeycrew (09-28-2019),Willowdreamer (09-29-2019)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Varys View Post
    I always appreciate that it's not enough for KI to just observe this game's shambling corpse, but they actively have to desecrate it. This game is ridiculously easy as it is, and they opted to nerf naval combat because they saw children that couldn't win instantly. Hilarious.
    I could understand if they wanted to help players quickly get through the beginning of the game to access new content at the end, but to get players faster to the dead end we call level 70, just doesn't make sense to me.

Faster nautical xp, more elixirs, etc, etc. I just don't get it. Everyone should savor the very short, but incredible journey instead of racing to the disappointment.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

LuckyDuck (09-29-2019),monkeycrew (09-29-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

LuckyDuck is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bookworm

Maybe it's just me, but I felt like it was a rather honest and heartfelt producer's letter. I'm really glad Leah gave us the truth we've been waiting SO long to hear, even if it isn't the answer we wanted. Although the game would be so much better with a continuation of the storyline, at least they aren't shutting it down. We just need more side content...something more interesting and sustaining than crown shop items. W101 has a wide variety of side content to keep players of all interests happy, which is something P101 could really benefit from. Personally, I think more focus on the pvp aspect of the game is a good idea, but side quests and other content that doesn't lead players to a dead-end should also be considered.

I hope this doesn't sound like one of those eternally-hopeful posts. I am truly disappointed to hear they've given up on the main storyline, but I don't see this letter as all bad.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyDuck For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (09-30-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-30-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I felt like it was a rather honest and heartfelt producer's letter. I'm really glad Leah gave us the truth we've been waiting SO long to hear, even if it isn't the answer we wanted. Although the game would be so much better with a continuation of the storyline, at least they aren't shutting it down. We just need more side content...something more interesting and sustaining than crown shop items. W101 has a wide variety of side content to keep players of all interests happy, which is something P101 could really benefit from. Personally, I think more focus on the pvp aspect of the game is a good idea, but side quests and other content that doesn't lead players to a dead-end should also be considered.

I hope this doesn't sound like one of those eternally-hopeful posts. I am truly disappointed to hear they've given up on the main storyline, but I don't see this letter as all bad.
    The Producer's Letter confirmed what we have all come to understand as time has gone by, it's true. They aren't exactly pulling the plug, but to be honest -- they aren't exactly listening to what loyal, long-haul players are saying either. They are changing the game we love into something else. They are making an easy game even easier and adding more elixirs into the Crown Shop for those who need it even EASIER. Was it honest? I hope so, but it didn't feel that heartfelt to me, it sounded like every Producer's Letter since Valencia 2.

Side content would be excellent, yes. However, most side content isn't an end in itself, but helps prepare characters for questing or PvP -- except maybe house decorating. Personally, I don't PvP, and Dreadnaught or Obsidian bosses are no draw for my casual play style. I enjoy sailing my ship and exploring new skyways. If no one needs help sinking ships anymore to gain nautical, those skyways will become even emptier.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (09-30-2019),Kingurz (09-30-2019),LuckyDuck (10-01-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-30-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast