•  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Re: Cabin Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    This is slightly off-topic but to my understanding, the reason why this glitch is so widespread is because the drop rates in Pirate101 are absolutely abysmal compared to other games in the market. People don't just quit because they have nothing left to do. They also quit out of sheer boredom and frustration when after putting in a reasonable amount of effort to get the gear they want, they simply can't get it and end up deciding there are better things to do with their time.

If you want to stop people from abusing the glitch, you must also look into the reasons why they do it in the first place. Look into the drop rates, look into crafting, look into implementing some sort of reward system that gives people incentives for playing your game. If people have a goal they feel they can reasonably achieve, it would make the game a lot more appealing.
    Exactly my part of the argument. If players want this fixed, it is KI's responsibility. If players want people to stop, they aren't going to until KI fixes it. A warning is pointless. People are still going to do it. Banning then for doing it, now that, like I said, is extremely unfair and arbritrary because this at ths fault of KI for not noticing and FIXING it sooner. It's been around for 5 years. Obviously it can be done.

I looked into the tomato basket glitch and this appears to be similar to this issue as well. People spamming it and selling it, this is not them hacking into the game on purpose in both these instances. This is a glitch and breaking the game because of a bug at the fault of KI. Players are not responsible for finding a loophole and executing it for their own gain from boredom and frustration. I especially see it in the tower. I'm almost to about 30 or 40 runs and I've hardly gotten anything from the 5 or Manchu. Plus, it takes a MINIMUM of 2 hours no matter the team. Who has that kind of time to run a 100 times, 200 hours, almost 9 and a half days straight in total? This is just in perspective of the player in the reason of doing it, also for Kane, but Kane takes much less time as well as the dreadnaught (does KI so know it's DREADNOUGHT, and side topic, it is Florenzia not Florenza?)

My argument stated again - don't ban the players for something YOU are responsible for. Fix it.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

CrispyWyvern (08-27-2019),Crushcut (08-25-2019),FusionSun (08-26-2019),GoldenGuardian (08-25-2019),Willowdreamer (08-25-2019)

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Instead of patching the exploit or disabling the preview button of the crown shop inside instances or gauntlets, You'll get banned for abusing it. Professionalism i tell you.

Thread link: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-...c38012f?page=1
    @Bat Masterson At least make an official announcement regarding it to avoid losing what you have left from your fanbase players where they'd stumble into a ban message as they log in someday.

Ki? professional? not in a million moons

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

CrispyWyvern (08-27-2019),Crushcut (08-25-2019),Logan (08-26-2019),monkeycrew (08-26-2019),Varys (08-26-2019)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

This is slightly off-topic but to my understanding, the reason why this glitch is so widespread is because the drop rates in Pirate101 are absolutely abysmal compared to other games in the market. People don't just quit because they have nothing left to do. They also quit out of sheer boredom and frustration when after putting in a reasonable amount of effort to get the gear they want, they simply can't get it and end up deciding there are better things to do with their time.

If you want to stop people from abusing the glitch, you must also look into the reasons why they do it in the first place. Look into the drop rates, look into crafting, look into implementing some sort of reward system that gives people incentives for playing your game. If people have a goal they feel they can reasonably achieve, it would make the game a lot more appealing.
    It feels like there is a portion of the player population that is so frustrated/bored with the current state of Pirate101, that losing their account to a ban is meaningless. They probably already decided to quit and turned to the edge to get some sort of excitement. This is sad, as there are and have been a great group of Pirate101 players in this community that I already miss or will miss in the future.

With regards to future content these next 30-60 days will be, in the words of Blind Mew,.......very telling.
    Last edited by Kingurz; 08-25-2019 at 10:01 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-27-2019),FusionSun (08-26-2019),luvs2sleepalot (08-26-2019),monkeycrew (08-26-2019),Ravino (08-26-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    Exactly my part of the argument. If players want this fixed, it is KI's responsibility. If players want people to stop, they aren't going to until KI fixes it. A warning is pointless. People are still going to do it. Banning then for doing it, now that, like I said, is extremely unfair and arbritrary because this at ths fault of KI for not noticing and FIXING it sooner. It's been around for 5 years. Obviously it can be done.

I looked into the tomato basket glitch and this appears to be similar to this issue as well. People spamming it and selling it, this is not them hacking into the game on purpose in both these instances. This is a glitch and breaking the game because of a bug at the fault of KI. Players are not responsible for finding a loophole and executing it for their own gain from boredom and frustration. I especially see it in the tower. I'm almost to about 30 or 40 runs and I've hardly gotten anything from the 5 or Manchu. Plus, it takes a MINIMUM of 2 hours no matter the team. Who has that kind of time to run a 100 times, 200 hours, almost 9 and a half days straight in total? This is just in perspective of the player in the reason of doing it, also for Kane, but Kane takes much less time as well as the dreadnaught (does KI so know it's DREADNOUGHT, and side topic, it is Florenzia not Florenza?)

My argument stated again - don't ban the players for something YOU are responsible for. Fix it.
    Exactly. I am still not a fan of banning people for this, even if its unethical. It's KI's fault for not fixing it for years. If you ban whatever remaining players there are, then that is a very foolish move.

With respect to the tower [and perhaps the tower only], should cabin glitching be removed, alternate rewards should be given out as an incentive for players to do that dungeon run. Its a boring dungeon, and quite frankly an utter waste of time if rewards are nearly always trash. Something needs to keep people motivated- like very unique rewards for completing 100 tower runs and bonus cool rewards every 25 runs. From my experience, the only reason people do the tower is because you can do the cabin glitch. Without the cabin glitch, most people are not keen, so I think my rewards idea would be a good way to go about things.

I think Kane and Dread are fine without cabin glitching. As monkeycrew implied, they are mostly short dungeons. The drop rates, though still pretty bad for some, are mostly fair. They are also more strategic, engaging and interesting than arduous tower runs.

----------
    @Bat Masterson, if KI does decide to warn players about not using the cabin glitch [lest they risk a ban], you need to be VERY CLEAR about this. Simply posting warnings on social media, the message boards, or the side bar near the game launcher will not be enough. A lot of people are not even aware that these platforms exists.

You need something intrusive that everyone will read, and this thing needs to be in the game itself. Perhaps implement an extended loading screen [that occurs when we switch between rooms] with a long duration, and this loading screen will contain an angry boochbeard and gandry with the caption: " AVOID CABIN GLITCHING! DONT RISK WALKING THE PLANK AND GETTING A BAN"
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 08-26-2019 at 04:26 AM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (08-30-2019),CrispyWyvern (08-27-2019),Crushcut (08-27-2019),luvs2sleepalot (08-26-2019),monkeycrew (08-26-2019),Ravino (08-26-2019)

Patrick. is offline Deckhand

• Patrick.'s Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Patrick
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Daring

they're not banning anybody, especially on pirate. obviously the company is going to be against abusing something like that, which would also technically be a bannable offense, but are they going to enforce it? probably not, unless it got so bad that something HAD to be done.
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrick. For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (08-30-2019),Crushcut (08-27-2019),Willowdreamer (08-26-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Agreed, especially the Tower of Moo Manchu where runs will last 1-2 hours and usually drop nothing. It may have been a tolerable drop rate back when the game was very active but today it's beyond what's bearable in a game without updates.

This exploit has been around since December 2014 and it's been common knowledge among pirates for over 2 years. Undoubtedly it was reported many times - I reported it twice myself. If anyone failed in policing and upholding Pirate101's system, it was KingsIsle but naturally they'll play no role other than judge.

And this bug is just one of many, there're dozens of pirates issues KI neglected to fix; but when they finally caught wind of an exploit in their otherwise-forsaken game, the decision is... ban! (LOL I wonder how many still active max-lvl pirates haven't exploited this bug.)

It's amusingly sad to see KI on their high horse, patronizing over a game's dead body and what little spoils players are trying to salvage. Like a man who wouldn't let stray dogs to leftovers of his best meat.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-27-2019),FusionSun (08-30-2019),monkeycrew (08-26-2019),Stephanie (08-26-2019)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino View Post
    Agreed, especially the Tower of Moo Manchu where runs will last 1-2 hours and usually drop nothing. It may have been a tolerable drop rate back when the game was very active but today it's beyond what's bearable in a game without updates.

This exploit has been around since December 2014 and it's been common knowledge among pirates for over 2 years. Undoubtedly it was reported many times - I reported it twice myself. If anyone failed in policing and upholding Pirate101's system, it was KingsIsle but naturally they'll play no role other than judge.

And this bug is just one of many, there're dozens of pirates issues KI neglected to fix; but when they finally caught wind of an exploit in their otherwise-forsaken game, the decision is... ban! (LOL I wonder how many still active max-lvl pirates haven't exploited this bug.)

It's amusingly sad to see KI on their high horse, patronizing over a game's dead body and what little spoils players are trying to salvage. Like a man who wouldn't let stray dogs to leftovers of his best meat.
    I remember Robert and Caleb who found/widespread/abused a lot of these exploits even some I haven't seen talked about yet. This was such a minor one that I remember Robert abusing for an entire year straight not buying membership because all he was doing anyway was farming Moo Tower and this was an easy type of repeat dungeon glitch that is abusable. Also there are more than just the cabin glitch that they probably haven't patched that replicate this exact same thing. I won't go into detail because honestly if you can find some of the methods you deserve to abuse it if you can replicate it consistently, takes as much work figuring it out as it does to farm for half the stuff normally anyway. Just once you know it/get the rhythm down it is faster.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-27-2019),monkeycrew (08-27-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (08-26-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino View Post
    (LOL I wonder how many still active max-lvl pirates haven't exploited this bug.)
    ME! I never do stuff like this.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (08-28-2019),monkeycrew (08-27-2019)

Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I didn't, but only because this is my first time hearing about this. Without getting into any details on how to do it, what are the effects of this glitch? I wanna know just how embarrassing of an oversight it is.

edit: nvm i caught up, wow what a travesty that I didn't find out about this when I cared about this game. Could've saved myself some of the tedium of Moo Manchu and Miranda.
    Last edited by Varys; 08-26-2019 at 10:36 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-27-2019),monkeycrew (08-27-2019)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Quote Originally Posted by Varys View Post
    I didn't, but only because this is my first time hearing about this. Without getting into any details on how to do it, what are the effects of this glitch? I wanna know just how embarrassing of an oversight it is.

edit: nvm i caught up, wow what a travesty that I didn't find out about this when I cared about this game. Could've saved myself some of the tedium of Moo Manchu and Miranda.
    Cabin glitch doesn't work on all dungeons. It doesn't work for Miranda, so it was easier to farm Obsidian Captain Blood for a Blood Flames jacket, especially since the Obsidian Bosses were possible to use for cabin glitching.

Oddly enough, after the latest patch, the cabin glitch WAS fixed for the Obsidian key bosses. For them to say it's a difficult technical issue is rather controversial to the result of their latest patch/update to the game.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

Ravino (08-27-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast