Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Cabin Glitch

Instead of patching the exploit or disabling the preview button of the crown shop inside instances or gauntlets, You'll get banned for abusing it. Professionalism i tell you.

Thread link: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-...c38012f?page=1
    @Bat Masterson At least make an official announcement regarding it to avoid losing what you have left from your fanbase players where they'd stumble into a ban message as they log in someday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
    Last edited by Logan; 08-21-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (08-23-2019),GoldenGuardian (08-25-2019),luvs2sleepalot (08-21-2019),monkeycrew (08-22-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Cabin Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Instead of patching the exploit or disabling the preview button of the crown shop inside instances or gauntlets, You'll get banned for abusing it. Professionalism i tell you.

Thread link: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-...c38012f?page=1
    @Bat Masterson At least make an official announcement regarding it to avoid losing what you have left from your fanbase players where they'd stumble into a ban message as they log in someday.
    We'll fix it when we can, but I encourage the community to use a dash of common reasoning here when considering doing something that may very well be an abuse of the system. Anything like this that egregiously affects the player base is at least frowned upon, and possibly a bannable offense if severe enough.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat Masterson For This Useful Post:

Phenoixblizzard (08-21-2019)

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Masterson View Post
    We'll fix it when we can, but I encourage the community to use a dash of common reasoning here when considering doing something that may very well be an abuse of the system. Anything like this that egregiously affects the player base is at least frowned upon, and possibly a bannable offense if severe enough.
    Which i do agree with you about, But still it would be great to make an announcement for everyone to see about the issue at least for the safety of the players. There's hundreds abusing it everyday(Which also, Keep in mind, They barely view the message boards or even give it a visit at all if anything) And your response was a reply to a thread that almost nobody will notice eventually. Letting them know that there'll be an action taken if systems detected it's use would be great so you guys don't get a load of emails complaining about any ban issues to be aware if they do plan to do it, It's at their own risk until you guys patch it.
    Last edited by Logan; 08-21-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (08-21-2019),FusionSun (08-23-2019),GoldenGuardian (08-25-2019),Phenoixblizzard (08-21-2019),Stephanie (08-22-2019),Willowdreamer (08-21-2019)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

It is sad that players would have to be "officially" told this is wrong/an exploit and that cheating is never okay. I do agree that highlighting that this glitch is indeed an exploit and will have consequences, across multiple KI media outlets to include KI Live, wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Kingurz; 08-21-2019 at 10:41 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Phenoixblizzard (08-22-2019),Willowdreamer (08-22-2019)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Masterson View Post
    Players shouldn't be sanctioned (and ESPECIALLY not banned) for something that has been in place at the fault of a glitch not caught by KI. THAT is an abuse of power and will certain turn off many players cuz they're banned. Just fix it. Should we have been punished for finding the glitch to friend ourselves? No. It was just fixed. As should this here. Nobody is necessarily hacking, they are just using a loophole for drops. Nowhere near anything as bad as other bannable offenses get.
    Last edited by monkeycrew; 08-22-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (08-25-2019),Logan (08-22-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

I am no coding expert, but surely you can do what Logan has suggested and disable the preview button in dungeons.

As for bans, that is quite excessive in my opinion. The glitch is and has been common practice for a few years now, and most players I meet are aware of it and practice it. Most often I see this glitch used in the tower, and as far as I know that does not impact other teams too much. It seems dread is another story however.

Banning for even 1 month will result in a permanent loss of players, so be wise.

With respect to the Tower of Moo Manchu, most people use this glitch because the tower is long and tedious, and extremely unrewarding. Two to three hours on average just to get lame auric peril boots and fish fingers as rewards from boss chests. Since my 66th run, I have had 100+ runs with no imperial drops at all. Without this glitch, I doubt many people would do the tower at all. I tell ya, the cabin glitch is the only reason I do the tower- without it I have zero motivation, and I doubt others do as well. So if you patch it [which is something you should do, don't get me wrong], make sure we get something good in return. Like after 100 runs we get a rare mount or house or something, and other rewards every 25 runs or so.

With respect to dread, its mostly fair, but I think most would like to fight two or more waves instead of just one. Perhaps include new dread gear too, like dragoon chest-plates and marine helms, rather than only weapons.

It has also been 6 months since I have done anything of merit in Pirate101. I have not done kane or tower or dread at all. I barely log on anymore, and for the first time in a while I have not entered central contests since there is nothing to do in game. Personally I think you should develop worthwhile content.

As of now you it seems you plan to ban rather than plan to build.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 08-25-2019 at 01:43 AM.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

CompanionMechanics (08-25-2019),CrispyWyvern (08-27-2019),FusionSun (08-26-2019),monkeycrew (08-25-2019),Phenoixblizzard (08-25-2019),Willowdreamer (08-25-2019)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    I am no coding expert, but surely you can do what Logan has suggested and disable the preview button in dungeons.

As for bans, that is quite excessive in my opinion. The glitch is and has been common practice for a few years now, and most players I meet are aware of it and practice it. Most often I see this glitch used in the tower, and as far as I know that does not impact other teams too much. It seems dread is another story however.

Banning for even 1 month will result in a permanent loss of players, so be wise.

With respect to the Tower of Moo Manchu, most people use this glitch because the tower is long and tedious, and extremely unrewarding. Two to three hours on average just to get lame auric peril boots and fish fingers as rewards from boss chests. Since my 66th run, I have had 100+ runs with no imperial drops at all. Without this glitch, I doubt many people would do the tower at all. I tell ya, the cabin glitch is the only reason I do the tower- without it I have zero motivation, and I doubt others do as well. So if you patch it [which is something you should do, don't get me wrong], make sure we get something good in return. Like after 100 runs we get a rare mount or house or something, and other rewards every 25 runs or so.

With respect to dread, its mostly fair, but I think most would like to fight two or more waves instead of just one. Perhaps include new dread gear too, like dragoon chest-plates and marine helms, rather than only weapons.

It has also been 6 months since I have done anything of merit in Pirate101. I have not done kane or tower or dread at all. I barely log on anymore, and for the first time in a while I have not entered central contests since there is nothing to do in game. Personally I think you should develop worthwhile content.

As of now you it seems you plan to ban rather than plan to build.

The length of Moo Manch tower is exactly why KI put powerful items like the Nefarious and Manchu gear at the top. If players didn't want the items, they wouldn't do the tower at all, no matter how long it takes. You don't need the glitch to do this tower, I have never used this glitch once and I have 85 runs of the Tower and 99 runs of Kane. In fact, if players weren't using this glitch....maybe they would have something to do in Pirate101 instead of complaining about no updates.

Complaining that the dungeons take too long is not a valid argument to cheat or use exploits. As players previously banned by using third party software that increased movement/framerate speed used similar reasoning. Complaining to the company to remove some floors or increase drop rates would be a better alternative. Whether a player is using the Crowns preview button, walking through walls, or teleporting to friends to circumvent intended gameplay....it is still breaking the terms of service using an exploit. If a player is using this glitch at Manchu or Dread....they know what right from wrong looks like.

Will KI actually ban accounts? Who knows. They handed out massive bans in Wizard101 for the tomato glitch. Back then the forums were full of the same non-ban arguments as in this thread. However, Wizard101 is still going strong today, so that "doom and gloom" of not building a community but the bans would be destroying it was all wrong. Conversely, I don't believe KI handed out any bans for the Hydra exploit and that was a major one. However, if you do a search of MMO bans, you'll see the majority were a result of players taking advantage of a "harmless" company programming mistakes that gave them an unintended advantage and not a result of hacking game/payment servers or real-world illegal activities.

Companies don't hand out bans lightly. They understand they are losing either a paying customer or a potential paying customer. However, they weigh that decision against the good of the game. For example, if you have a player repeatedly using an exploit hundreds of times has never reported it (where the company would indicate to stop doing it), do you really want that person/account around to keep finding/using even more egregious exploits in the future when that player clearly only intends harm to your game, game economy, other player grief, or simply just doesn't care enough anymore, etc?

Regardless of KI's decision, I warn players that if you value your accounts (even non-KI games) don't engage in exploit activity, no matter how harmless you think it is. I've been in other MMOs where banning was done for much less than what we are discussing in this thread, as what is determined "harmless" is the service provider's and not the players/community decision.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

CompanionMechanics (08-25-2019),Logan (08-25-2019),Willowdreamer (08-25-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Breezy

Exclamation Re: Cabin Glitch

this glitch should and hopefully will eventually be patched but until then can anybody? please put up an annoucement/notice/warning (etc, etc) on the pirate101 launcher? while it won't stop all from doing the glitch, it will however get most if not all of the players attention to stop doing this glitch.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vice42 For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (08-28-2019),Stephanie (08-25-2019),Willowdreamer (08-25-2019)

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

This is slightly off-topic but to my understanding, the reason why this glitch is so widespread is because the drop rates in Pirate101 are absolutely abysmal compared to other games in the market. People don't just quit because they have nothing left to do. They also quit out of sheer boredom and frustration when after putting in a reasonable amount of effort to get the gear they want, they simply can't get it and end up deciding there are better things to do with their time.

If you want to stop people from abusing the glitch, you must also look into the reasons why they do it in the first place. Look into the drop rates, look into crafting, look into implementing some sort of reward system that gives people incentives for playing your game. If people have a goal they feel they can reasonably achieve, it would make the game a lot more appealing.
    Last edited by Stephanie; 08-25-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (08-28-2019),FusionSun (08-26-2019),GoldenGuardian (08-25-2019),Kingurz (08-25-2019),luvs2sleepalot (08-25-2019),monkeycrew (08-25-2019),Ravino (08-26-2019),Willowdreamer (08-25-2019)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

I'm pretty sure this glitch has been out since Moo's release iirc? The fact it hasn't been patched since then, pretty unexcusable. Should just take the loss and fix it ASAP. No reason to ban players for something you can't fix for over 4 years. Lol

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (08-26-2019),monkeycrew (08-25-2019),Stephanie (08-25-2019)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast