My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Re: Cabin Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino View Post
    Agreed, especially the Tower of Moo Manchu where runs will last 1-2 hours and usually drop nothing. It may have been a tolerable drop rate back when the game was very active but today it's beyond what's bearable in a game without updates.

This exploit has been around since December 2014 and it's been common knowledge among pirates for over 2 years. Undoubtedly it was reported many times - I reported it twice myself. If anyone failed in policing and upholding Pirate101's system, it was KingsIsle but naturally they'll play no role other than judge.

And this bug is just one of many, there're dozens of pirates issues KI neglected to fix; but when they finally caught wind of an exploit in their otherwise-forsaken game, the decision is... ban! (LOL I wonder how many still active max-lvl pirates haven't exploited this bug.)

It's amusingly sad to see KI on their high horse, patronizing over a game's dead body and what little spoils players are trying to salvage. Like a man who wouldn't let stray dogs to leftovers of his best meat.

I mean, If the drop rates and tower length (even though it literally takes an hour to finish the tower with a core team of Old Scratch and Flames) are a problem then there's always a second solution in hand, Skeleton Keys system. Implementing a Nefarious Five Skeleton Key door and a Moo Manchu 65 Door with Obsidian Keys to lessen the frustration for those who dont want to do 10 fights for the items they want (Even though i love difficult dungeons and ones rich with content especially at high levels, I'd take Full Tower of Moo over a 1 fight instance skeleton key thing) to please both sides WITHOUT compensating the gameplay experience for the Tower fans.
    Last edited by Logan; 08-27-2019 at 03:09 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logan For This Useful Post:

Kingurz (08-28-2019),monkeycrew (08-27-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (08-27-2019)

CrispyWyvern is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• CrispyWyvern's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Silver Scarlet Evans
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Spiral Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Hot

I don't get why KI is doing this. It seems really wrong to ban people over a glitch.
    IDK what to put XD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CrispyWyvern For This Useful Post:

FusionSun (08-30-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CrispyWyvern View Post
    I don't get why KI is doing this. It seems really wrong to ban people over a glitch.
    Hi all! I wanted to try and clear this up a bit if I can. We are not necessarily banning anyone, but that any sort of game breaking exploit can be considered a 'bannable offense', especially if it disrupts other players, the economy, etc. For instance, we don't ban for most 'glitches' and that sort of thing, since they are usually benign... even though they technically are an exploit as well.

In any case, it needs to be fixed and will be. We thank you for bringing it to our attention!
    Last edited by Bat Masterson; 08-30-2019 at 11:00 AM.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bat Masterson For This Useful Post:

CrispyWyvern (08-30-2019),Crushcut (08-30-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-30-2019),Kingurz (08-30-2019),Logan (08-30-2019),Phenoixblizzard (08-30-2019),Ravino (08-30-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (08-30-2019),Stephanie (08-30-2019),Willowdreamer (08-31-2019)

CrispyWyvern is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• CrispyWyvern's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Silver Scarlet Evans
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Spiral Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Hot

Quote Originally Posted by Bat Masterson View Post
    Hi all! I wanted to try and clear this up a bit if I can. We are not necessarily banning anyone, but that any sort of game breaking exploit can be considered a 'bannable offense', especially if it disrupts other players, the economy, etc. For instance, we don't ban for most 'glitches' and that sort of thing, since they are usually benign... even though they technically are an exploit as well.

In any case, it needs to be fixed and will be. We thank you for bringing it to our attention!
    Oh, okay, that makes sense.
    IDK what to put XD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CrispyWyvern For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-30-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123