Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Again, the focus should be on performance overall in tournaments, not individual matches. I have also beat just about every buccaneer/buckler out there at least once, but winning in a tournament requires winning multiple matches, and I dont see that happening with range classes
    Let me make one small, but important correction to that. The issue is with witchdoctor, not with ranged classes as a whole. The reason why no one wins with musket or privy (not a true ranged class, but their buffs make them close enough, so I digress) is merely that they are underplayed, especially in the upper echelons of players. We can't pretend that all non-buck and buckler players are at legitimate disadvantage.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mathew For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (09-13-2019),ClockWork12 (09-13-2019),Logan (09-13-2019)

Djyc21215 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Also, just wanted to reiterate, my concern was about range classes in general not performing well in tournaments, not about my own play style or performance. I realize that the majority of those who participated in tournaments were melee classes, but out of the other muskets/witches aside from me, I would like to have seen at least a few examples of them doing well and advancing deep into tournaments, or maybe even winning one
    Unfortunately the reason ranged classes do not preform well in tournaments, besides yourself, is simply because, well lets take a look at musketeer for example: The best musketeers in this game do NOT participate in central tournaments, the unanimous reason being because they disagree with the rules. If the best musketeers in the game actually participated in these tournaments, you'd see a paradigm shift in tournament wins. It has nothing to do with the class itself, as a top musketeer can roflstomp a top melee class any day of the week, but if only average players are joining these tournaments on musketeer then well...... you get very different results.(Really this applies to all classes, the best players tend to shy away from tournaments when they have rules like "A witchdoctor can still use overpowered garbage but no other class can") Now as for witchdoctor, as Stephanie pointed out in an earlier post (too lazy to quote it) the Player Nora was well on her way to becoming a good player, she understood pressure and map control decently well, and got decent results despite her inferior gear. A shame she quit, that being said, I dont think anyone is going to disagree, that if a witchdoctor fights another class, and they both have the same skill level, the witchdoctor will lose the majority of the time just because witch hunter is so broken.
    Edit: IT appears matthew beat me to it.
    Last edited by Djyc21215; 09-13-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    A thousand villages overgrown with weeds, men wasted away; Ten thousand homes where only ghosts sing. Reckless Christopher, pleased to meet you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Djyc21215 For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (09-13-2019),Stephanie (09-14-2019)

Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Just to point out, Witch Hunter was literally perfectly fine and Nobody asked for a change about the mechanics of it. I still fail to understand how breaking an okay talent was any helpful for Witchdoctors when you literally said you're wanting to buff Witchdoctors. But you're insane if you're asking Ratbeard such a thing or tried to question his logic.
    Last edited by Logan; 09-13-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

LoyalDevinXavier is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    Just got one opinion when it comes to Champion rank weapons. Some weapons are already banned and i am fine with that but not all of them are. The thing is there is allot of new players that are doing the tournaments now including my self . I honestly believe that its fair for all Champions weapons to be banned . Some players may not like this idea or will say there is no reason for all them to be banned i think its fair and would be fair to everyone. Most people use weapons from crown shop or farmed weapons most of the time anyway yes because many don't have the camp weapons .And in game weapons are good enough to do any kind of set up and pvp so Camp weapons aren't needed . My point is even weapons with a heal or a poison can be a big advantage as a tool in the hands of a good player , because most pvp matches are super close and come down to one turn , one hit , one extra attack , one heal, its that close . Poison for example Gloom is a awesome power that can kill the whole team if it goes super critical .So why give some older players this advantage no matter how big or small when there is half of new players doing the tournaments that don't have it . I think its 100% fair to ban all rank weapons . I believe arguing that some of these weapons aren't over powered is not a fair argument and only works in self interest because players know what power such as gloom can do and how good it is on any class. So yeah some weapons may not be OP/Broken but that doesn't mean what they give you don't adds up to advantage.
    Here is my issue, Eric. The only champ weapon that should be banned is the fall season one. The Spring heal weapon IS NOT BROKEN. If you get a high roll epic revive, it does about 1.6K if you count the 300 overtime, the spring heal usually does about 1,652. SO, by this logic, you and logan are saying a revive weapon is overpowered. So, if a revive weapon is overpowered, does this mean the swashbuckler robe that gives a revive is broken? In my opinion the second wind is worse than a revive since you have to be about half dead to get the full value from it. Also keep in mind you can NOT heal someone to death. I'd be perfectly fine to have a buck use second wind over super charge.

Any other champ weapons are fine. The fall season SHOULD be the only champ weapon banned.
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 09-13-2019 at 07:19 PM.

sarcasticjoseph is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

You just proved my point as to why a minority cannot choose the rules. You freaked out because of a ranking. That's pretty much your entire "top 5" so again. I mean no offense. Just proving why celestia should not look to a minority. It'd just just ruin central
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 09-13-2019 at 11:14 AM.

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Let's keep in mind that the point behind this discussion is not only to reflect what rules you guys want to duel under but also keep some sense of balance to the rules so certain classes are not overpowering others.

I'd like to wrap up discussion on this thread by October when I will post a thread listing all the topics/suggestions made in this thread and allow players to vote on them. Remember to not argue or be disrespectful. You can disagree with another player, but do it in a kind way. Discussions should be cordial.
    There is a lot of GOOD happening in the thread. I am glad to see conversations happening. I am, however, not so happy about the bickering and rudeness happening. I've edited enough of that. If I find a post to be rude, I will simply delete the entire post...good points and all from now on.

I completely understand there will be players not agree with others. That is normal and expected, but do so in a better way that does not involve calling other players names or degrading them.

Thanks guys.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (09-13-2019),ClockWork12 (09-13-2019),sarcasticjoseph (09-13-2019),Stephanie (09-14-2019)

ClockWork12 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalDevinXavier View Post
    Here is my issue, Eric. The only champ weapon that should be banned is the fall season one. The Spring heal weapon IS NOT BROKEN. If you get a high roll epic revive, it does about 1.6K if you count the 300 overtime, the spring heal usually does about 1,652. SO, by this logic, you and logan are saying a revive weapon is overpowered. So, if a revive weapon is overpowered, does this mean the swashbuckler robe that gives a revive is broken? In my opinion the second wind is worse than a revive since you have to be about half dead to get the full value from it. Also keep in mind you can NOT heal someone to death. I'd be perfectly fine to have a buck use second wind over super charge.

Any other champ weapons are fine. The fall season SHOULD be the only champ weapon banned.
    You as everyone else has a right to their opinion , with respect but this is inaccurate in presenting or assuming what my proposed ban was for , for which i made few posts and explained in details what my ban is about . Never said a single word about anything being overpowered or any heal being OP. perhaps you misunderstood or didn't read everything i said. My main emphasis was on other points such as fairness , advantage,availability of tools for all just to name 2 points , limiting game play for select few vs limiting game play in general ( or should i say limiting few spells on weapons to be available to be played in tournaments) , limiting few players access to extra options vs what benefits the competition more ect. quite a few points i made to go back and name them all yours weren't listed or really refer to at all . Honestly confusing stuff that really has nothing to do at all with my ban or points i explained , other than a small fact that there is a heal on one of those weapons.Didn't see Logan say anything like it either.
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 09-13-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

Logan is offline Rookie
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalDevinXavier View Post
    you and logan are saying a revive weapon is overpowered.
    LOL Where did i say anything about spring weapons being broken or op??? I said i'm fine with the current standings about the spring and fall weapon however, If there'll be discussions about the spring weapon's availability again I'm down to see it used again. I'm neutral about the matter as i don't rely completely on a weapon or a certain power. Never said in my life the weapon is broken or op or brought the words "spring" And "broken" "Op" In a sentence.

I'll try to say this in the nicest way possible, Not targeting anyone, It's an in general statement just because i've seen enough posts in this thread directed towards me and assuming things i have never said or meant: Stop putting words into my mouth that i have never even said and read my posts again a couple of times before replying with something that'll put you in an awkward position.
    Last edited by Logan; 09-14-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Dear God don't unban Scratch's 100% buff. I have no idea why Ratbeard thought that was a good thing to implement.
    Last edited by Varys; 09-13-2019 at 11:18 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

BiG BaD WoLFY (09-14-2019),ClockWork12 (09-14-2019),Logan (09-14-2019)

BiG BaD WoLFY is offline Rookie

• BiG BaD WoLFY's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Noble Wolf Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Eagle Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

It seems like we've all pretty much had our take on whether we think all/certain champ weapons should be allowed or not at this point so I think that everyone should just agree to disagree for the sake of civility and let their vote do the rest of the debating. The conversation literally hasn't made any ground.

-Noble Wolf Hawkins- *PvP Champion*
    | Max -Swashbuckler-| Max Musketeer |
    |
    Max Privateer | Max Buccaneer |

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567