Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    1) Allow 100% scratch buff for witch only
    2) Allow trees for witch only, but no banner
    3) Allow scratch purge (for all classes)
    Purge is not nearly as bad as people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Scratch purge for all classes is almost as bad an idea as allowing trees in my opinion. It gives classes like privy a massive resource advantage (ideas like run my shielded pirate behind Ratbeard or Emmett, then purge one of your 3-4 total shields off

If you get hit by purge that only has a 3 step range. Then you obviously deserved it. Everyone knows witches camp. Since they got no form of map control. So just use a witch countering team. The extra purge does open more options sure. Again though. If you get purged by something with 3 steps, you deserved it. This applies to all classes.

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

quentin (09-18-2019)

quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticjoseph View Post
    I think people are more concerned about a 100% buffed mournsong going super. We witches do critical allot.
    Critical a lot? I dont remember the last time I got a super mournsong, with or without the spell buff... but maybe thats just me

But seriously, the super mournsong can be countered. If I use the 100% buff, it wont have an effect until the next turn. That should give time to hide behind a pillar if needed, or to use a shield on a companion. Using shields on companions is common for witches when trying to survive, but rarely done by bucklers/buccaneers as it is now. Or in some cases, a barricade can be put up to block my line of sight from a long distance. A melee pirate using a barricade? Yeah, it can be done.

Even in the rare case that a companion is killed with a super mournsong, keep in mind that its common for charging buccaneers or hidden bucklers to kill companions in one turn. It doesnt happen every time, but then again having a companion killed in one turn by a mournsong wont happen often either.

So basically, I think that allowing the 100% spell buff for a witch would even things out, forcing other classes to at least temporarily play defense.

And I agree with your thoughts on Scratch's purge- it is not so bad, it has to be planned for, and can be a good defense against charges. In addition, it can force me as a witch to actually move from my spot to avoid the purge, which could benefit the charging melee pirate.

Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Critical a lot? I dont remember the last time I got a super mournsong, with or without the spell buff... but maybe thats just me

But seriously, the super mournsong can be countered. If I use the 100% buff, it wont have an effect until the next turn. That should give time to hide behind a pillar if needed, or to use a shield on a companion. Using shields on companions is common for witches when trying to survive, but rarely done by bucklers/buccaneers as it is now. Or in some cases, a barricade can be put up to block my line of sight from a long distance. A melee pirate using a barricade? Yeah, it can be done.

Even in the rare case that a companion is killed with a super mournsong, keep in mind that its common for charging buccaneers or hidden bucklers to kill companions in one turn. It doesnt happen every time, but then again having a companion killed in one turn by a mournsong wont happen often either.

So basically, I think that allowing the 100% spell buff for a witch would even things out, forcing other classes to at least temporarily play defense.

And I agree with your thoughts on Scratch's purge- it is not so bad, it has to be planned for, and can be a good defense against charges. In addition, it can force me as a witch to actually move from my spot to avoid the purge, which could benefit the charging melee pirate.

No, No one with a sane mind would agree that super mournsong or any super hit with a 100% Spell Power buff combined with your own 100% base Spell Power stat can be countered. That's gg and anyone knows that very well.
    Last edited by Logan; 09-18-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion

sarcasticjoseph is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

But seriously, the super mournsong can be countered.
    A super 100% buffed mournsong can be avoided not countered. Which you can only avoid something for so long with the current meta. Although here's the issue. With scratch you could max will buff, max scratch buff and snake mournsong. 8 times out of 10 that will critical and either 1 shot or purely melt through someones health. I purely and simply ain't to concerned about anything scratch has.

in some cases, a barricade can be put up to block my line of sight from a long distance. A melee pirate using a barricade? Yeah, it can be done.
    I am the barricade melee king. So yeah i agree. Issue is. We shouldn't have to force someone to get barricades to know for a fact they won't get punished. Sad thing about hiding from line of sight is...

...there will always be a chance not all your companions can hide. If you time the max buff perfectly. So at least 1 is gonna die and it's very unfair to force someone to pull a me with barricades.

So for the current meta i think the max buff should be held off for a bit longer. Just until the next level cap. Then people can see how well it does. As of right now. Max scratch buff is not player friendly.

Really just need to time it perfectly so they can't run but have to. Plus considering the fact you run bosun, 30 different summons and an insane pet and already win 90% of your matches without scratch. Yeah let's hold off on that big buff. It'd make witches extremely OP.

I get i said i don't want anything banned. Which is true i don't, but...

...Central is meant to give everyone a fair chance in tournaments. Sure it's not the fairest rules, but like i have said many times before. It's the best we'll get. I personally like no restriction, but what i like more is people joining ladders and tournanents. A very select few own witches.

So we kinda gotta go with what lubbers think, not what we want. If you did get max scratch buff. I'm extremely positive you'll eventually chase away the pvp players.

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    The majority of the conversation in this thread has been back and forth over Champion Weapons. We already know how individuals feel about these weapons, but how do you guys feel about the rest of the rules as a whole? What specific changes can be made to improve Central PvP?
    From what I understand, people who spar outside of Central often prefer to ban the companion Old Scratch entirely, because they feel that the values of traps, absorbs, poisons, spells etc. were initially designed without Scratch buffs in mind. To them, Scratch breaks the balance of the game.

There is also a very, very heavy anti-witch bias outside of Central. The predominant view is that witch is just bad because of the existence of witch hunter. Unless KI does something about witch hunter, people prefer to just avoid playing witch altogether.

That's the general impression I've gotten, anyway, from occasionally spectating in the spar chamber. I personally have no problem with Central rules as they currently are. I suppose, given the back-and-forth we've seen in this thread, I'd like to see the rule about the champion weapons changed to "Champion weapons may only be used if both players agree to allow them." But other than that, the rules look fine to me.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (09-19-2019)

quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticjoseph View Post
    ...Central is meant to give everyone a fair chance in tournaments. Sure it's not the fairest rules, but like i have said many times before. It's the best we'll get. I personally like no restriction, but what i like more is people joining ladders and tournanents. A very select few own witches.

So we kinda gotta go with what lubbers think, not what we want. If you did get max scratch buff. I'm extremely positive you'll eventually chase away the pvp players.
    I dont think that allowing the 100% buff for witch-doctors will be a drastic enough change to chase anyone away. its only a couple of turns, vs the many turns of high damage attacks that other classes have.

Overall, I dont think it will make a drastic difference. It can help in a match between skilled PVP players, in which case it could make things more fair between witch-doctors and buccaneers or bucklers for example.

So again, my 2 specific suggestions for rules changes would be:

1) Allow 100% scratch buff for witch-doctors
    2) Allow scratch's purge for all classes
    Last edited by quentin; 09-20-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789