Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 116
  1. #81
    sarcasticjoseph's Avatar
       sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    68
    Gold
    114
    Bored

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    1) Allow 100% scratch buff for witch only
    2) Allow trees for witch only, but no banner
    3) Allow scratch purge (for all classes)
    Purge is not nearly as bad as people say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Scratch purge for all classes is almost as bad an idea as allowing trees in my opinion. It gives classes like privy a massive resource advantage (ideas like run my shielded pirate behind Ratbeard or Emmett, then purge one of your 3-4 total shields off

    If you get hit by purge that only has a 3 step range. Then you obviously deserved it. Everyone knows witches camp. Since they got no form of map control. So just use a witch countering team. The extra purge does open more options sure. Again though. If you get purged by something with 3 steps, you deserved it. This applies to all classes.

    PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

    quentin (09-18-2019)




  3. #82
    quentin's Avatar
       quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    128
    PvP Tournaments Won
    12
    Thanks
    72
    Thanks (Received)
    136
    Gold
    36

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticjoseph View Post
    I think people are more concerned about a 100% buffed mournsong going super. We witches do critical allot.
    Critical a lot? I dont remember the last time I got a super mournsong, with or without the spell buff... but maybe thats just me

    But seriously, the super mournsong can be countered. If I use the 100% buff, it wont have an effect until the next turn. That should give time to hide behind a pillar if needed, or to use a shield on a companion. Using shields on companions is common for witches when trying to survive, but rarely done by bucklers/buccaneers as it is now. Or in some cases, a barricade can be put up to block my line of sight from a long distance. A melee pirate using a barricade? Yeah, it can be done.

    Even in the rare case that a companion is killed with a super mournsong, keep in mind that its common for charging buccaneers or hidden bucklers to kill companions in one turn. It doesnt happen every time, but then again having a companion killed in one turn by a mournsong wont happen often either.

    So basically, I think that allowing the 100% spell buff for a witch would even things out, forcing other classes to at least temporarily play defense.

    And I agree with your thoughts on Scratch's purge- it is not so bad, it has to be planned for, and can be a good defense against charges. In addition, it can force me as a witch to actually move from my spot to avoid the purge, which could benefit the charging melee pirate.



  4. #83
    Logan's Avatar
       Logan is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    268
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    101
    Thanks (Received)
    582
    Gold
    2
    Tired

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Critical a lot? I dont remember the last time I got a super mournsong, with or without the spell buff... but maybe thats just me

    But seriously, the super mournsong can be countered. If I use the 100% buff, it wont have an effect until the next turn. That should give time to hide behind a pillar if needed, or to use a shield on a companion. Using shields on companions is common for witches when trying to survive, but rarely done by bucklers/buccaneers as it is now. Or in some cases, a barricade can be put up to block my line of sight from a long distance. A melee pirate using a barricade? Yeah, it can be done.

    Even in the rare case that a companion is killed with a super mournsong, keep in mind that its common for charging buccaneers or hidden bucklers to kill companions in one turn. It doesnt happen every time, but then again having a companion killed in one turn by a mournsong wont happen often either.

    So basically, I think that allowing the 100% spell buff for a witch would even things out, forcing other classes to at least temporarily play defense.

    And I agree with your thoughts on Scratch's purge- it is not so bad, it has to be planned for, and can be a good defense against charges. In addition, it can force me as a witch to actually move from my spot to avoid the purge, which could benefit the charging melee pirate.

    No, No one with a sane mind would agree that super mournsong or any super hit with a 100% Spell Power buff combined with your own 100% base Spell Power stat can be countered. That's gg and anyone knows that very well.
    Last edited by Logan; 09-18-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    Logan - Blade Dancer - Swashbuckler - PvP Champion - Pirate101 Articles and Guides Writer for Final Bastion



  5. #84
    sarcasticjoseph's Avatar
       sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    68
    Gold
    114
    Bored

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    But seriously, the super mournsong can be countered.
    A super 100% buffed mournsong can be avoided not countered. Which you can only avoid something for so long with the current meta. Although here's the issue. With scratch you could max will buff, max scratch buff and snake mournsong. 8 times out of 10 that will critical and either 1 shot or purely melt through someones health. I purely and simply ain't to concerned about anything scratch has.

    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    in some cases, a barricade can be put up to block my line of sight from a long distance. A melee pirate using a barricade? Yeah, it can be done.
    I am the barricade melee king. So yeah i agree. Issue is. We shouldn't have to force someone to get barricades to know for a fact they won't get punished. Sad thing about hiding from line of sight is...

    ...there will always be a chance not all your companions can hide. If you time the max buff perfectly. So at least 1 is gonna die and it's very unfair to force someone to pull a me with barricades.

    So for the current meta i think the max buff should be held off for a bit longer. Just until the next level cap. Then people can see how well it does. As of right now. Max scratch buff is not player friendly.

    Really just need to time it perfectly so they can't run but have to. Plus considering the fact you run bosun, 30 different summons and an insane pet and already win 90% of your matches without scratch. Yeah let's hold off on that big buff. It'd make witches extremely OP.

    I get i said i don't want anything banned. Which is true i don't, but...

    ...Central is meant to give everyone a fair chance in tournaments. Sure it's not the fairest rules, but like i have said many times before. It's the best we'll get. I personally like no restriction, but what i like more is people joining ladders and tournanents. A very select few own witches.

    So we kinda gotta go with what lubbers think, not what we want. If you did get max scratch buff. I'm extremely positive you'll eventually chase away the pvp players.

    PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!



  6. #85
    Stephanie's Avatar
       Stephanie is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

    • Stephanie's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dandy Stephanie
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  70
      •  Ship Type:
      •  The Speedy Dolphin
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    345
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,209
    Thanks (Received)
    823
    Gold
    66

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    The majority of the conversation in this thread has been back and forth over Champion Weapons. We already know how individuals feel about these weapons, but how do you guys feel about the rest of the rules as a whole? What specific changes can be made to improve Central PvP?
    From what I understand, people who spar outside of Central often prefer to ban the companion Old Scratch entirely, because they feel that the values of traps, absorbs, poisons, spells etc. were initially designed without Scratch buffs in mind. To them, Scratch breaks the balance of the game.

    There is also a very, very heavy anti-witch bias outside of Central. The predominant view is that witch is just bad because of the existence of witch hunter. Unless KI does something about witch hunter, people prefer to just avoid playing witch altogether.

    That's the general impression I've gotten, anyway, from occasionally spectating in the spar chamber. I personally have no problem with Central rules as they currently are. I suppose, given the back-and-forth we've seen in this thread, I'd like to see the rule about the champion weapons changed to "Champion weapons may only be used if both players agree to allow them." But other than that, the rules look fine to me.
    Stephanie Dawnheart in Wizard101 ⚫ Dandy Stephanie in Pirate101



  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

    ClockWork12 (09-19-2019)


  8. #86
    quentin's Avatar
       quentin is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    128
    PvP Tournaments Won
    12
    Thanks
    72
    Thanks (Received)
    136
    Gold
    36

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticjoseph View Post
    ...Central is meant to give everyone a fair chance in tournaments. Sure it's not the fairest rules, but like i have said many times before. It's the best we'll get. I personally like no restriction, but what i like more is people joining ladders and tournanents. A very select few own witches.

    So we kinda gotta go with what lubbers think, not what we want. If you did get max scratch buff. I'm extremely positive you'll eventually chase away the pvp players.
    I dont think that allowing the 100% buff for witch-doctors will be a drastic enough change to chase anyone away. its only a couple of turns, vs the many turns of high damage attacks that other classes have.

    Overall, I dont think it will make a drastic difference. It can help in a match between skilled PVP players, in which case it could make things more fair between witch-doctors and buccaneers or bucklers for example.

    So again, my 2 specific suggestions for rules changes would be:

    1) Allow 100% scratch buff for witch-doctors
    2) Allow scratch's purge for all classes
    Last edited by quentin; 09-20-2019 at 11:21 PM.



  9. #87
    ClockWork12's Avatar
       ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    62
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    123
    Thanks (Received)
    159
    Gold
    38

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Although i quit pirate101 , idk i may come back next year if i can . I have one request that should be srsly considered imo. In the new tournament my opponent used a spell called forbidddance > Its a cheap cheat play a broken garbage spell that can be abused totally and shouldn't be in pvp at all . Ki as always never for see that players will abuse anything . It removes 1 of your powers all copies of it . So opponent such as musket can set their gear around it so whatever is removed it will win the game vs Melee classes . Its a cheap broken garbage that players who care to beat others with skill wouldn't abuse it and it should be removed because the balance of the spell to where it removes 1 power from both players can be by passed and abused .In case of my matches in the tour i lost 2 matches due to this cheap trick and there is no counter for that no can you recover or win if your main spells are removed , you simply lose the most important spells to actually be able to do the match> In 2 of the matches i had i lost all my assassin attacks and all my revive heals , if i dint lose those i could have lost all my shields or all my hides would be the same result . Melee Classes like Swashbuckler and Buccaneer have usually 1 first page of powers and few more powers on the second page. Of the powers buck and buckler have most of it can be broken in 4 main groups of powers - like you have your heals , forts, attacks and hides - the chances that one of those important groups will be removed is actually very high as you can see by what happened in my matches . In case of a privateer its really not a problem since privry has 3 pages of different powers .Sure we have few other spells like buffs on a buck or a gunnery attack for example so if one of those would be removed it really isn't a problem for the match but as i said buckler and buck have those groups of important powers and those will get hit i would say 60 to 70 % of the time . Its a problem when a player makes the strategy around this forbiddance to where you can set your gear to avoid anything being removed from self . Like for example you can use Levy shields instead of forts in which case your Levy shields will not be removed unless your opponent has them too , yet if your opponent has forts all his forts will be removed while you lose nothing . This changes the playing field to where if you are in the tournament you can count on this to win half of your matches for you at least . Imo thats a very big deal and totally unfair to other players . I would never use it cause its below my ways how to win a tournament .
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 10-29-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511



  10. #88
    sarcasticjoseph's Avatar
       sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    57
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    20
    Thanks (Received)
    68
    Gold
    114
    Bored

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    Like for example you can use Levy shields instead of forts in which case your Levy shields will not be removed unless your opponent has them too
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    In 2 of the matches i had i lost all my assassin attacks and all my revive heals , if i dint lose those i could have lost all my shields or all my hides
    Dude what? Now muskets have assasin strike? Forbiddance has a chance at taking 1 of 14 powers (Depends what's in both players hands) It'll take all the copies of that card. Although the issue with this is, it can backfire. It does not need 2 people to have a card for it to work, and it can quite literally can mess up badly. Yer obviously referring to the chris match. Chris relied on luck (One of pirates greatest features) and got lucky. If he was unlucky he could've lost his card(s)


    Case in point: Forbiddance is not as bad as you tried to make it seem. Relying on 50/50 luck is fair game.

    PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!



  11. #89
    Djyc21215's Avatar
       Djyc21215 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    70
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    16
    Thanks (Received)
    68
    Gold
    176

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    Although i quit pirate101 , idk i may come back next year if i can . I have one request that should be srsly considered imo. In the new tournament my opponent used a spell called forbidddance > Its a cheap cheat play a broken garbage spell that can be abused totally and shouldn't be in pvp at all . Ki as always never for see that players will abuse anything . It removes 1 of your powers all copies of it . So opponent such as musket can set their gear around it so whatever is removed it will win the game vs Melee classes . Its a cheap broken garbage that players who care to beat others with skill wouldn't abuse it and it should be removed because the balance of the spell to where it removes 1 power from both players can be by passed and abused .In case of my matches in the tour i lost 2 matches due to this cheap trick and there is no counter for that no can you recover or win if your main spells are removed , you simply lose the most important spells to actually be able to do the match> In 2 of the matches i had i lost all my assassin attacks and all my revive heals , if i dint lose those i could have lost all my shields or all my hides would be the same result . Melee Classes like Swashbuckler and Buccaneer have usually 1 first page of powers and few more powers on the second page. Of the powers buck and buckler have most of it can be broken in 4 main groups of powers - like you have your heals , forts, attacks and hides - the chances that one of those important groups will be removed is actually very high as you can see by what happened in my matches . In case of a privateer its really not a problem since privry has 3 pages of different powers .Sure we have few other spells like buffs on a buck or a gunnery attack for example so if one of those would be removed it really isn't a problem for the match but as i said buckler and buck have those groups of important powers and those will get hit i would say 60 to 70 % of the time . Its a problem when a player makes the strategy around this forbiddance to where you can set your gear to avoid anything being removed from self . Like for example you can use Levy shields instead of forts in which case your Levy shields will not be removed unless your opponent has them too , yet if your opponent has forts all his forts will be removed while you lose nothing . This changes the playing field to where if you are in the tournament you can count on this to win half of your matches for you at least . Imo thats a very big deal and totally unfair to other players . I would never use it cause its below my ways how to win a tournament .
    Terra Cotta warriors and scratch should be banned long before forbiddance. Besides, you not killing ratbeard won me those matches, not me using forbiddance.
    A thousand villages overgrown with weeds, men wasted away; Ten thousand homes where only ghosts sing. Reckless Christopher, pleased to meet you.



  12. #90
    ClockWork12's Avatar
       ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    62
    PvP Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    123
    Thanks (Received)
    159
    Gold
    38

    Re: Rule Change Dicussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Djyc21215 View Post
    Terra Cotta warriors and scratch should be banned long before forbiddance. Besides, you not killing ratbeard won me those matches, not me using forbiddance.
    You know i killed ur Rat and you also know i am a swashbuckler and that has nothing to do with it , Rat can't stop a buckler with 5 hides but you know that . Also what i said in the post about this cheap cheat play strategy you said it your self in our match > As well as said just the opposite of what you said here .i Don't have all the screen shoots but here is some of it.Also the Rat bull - you do remember i said not to waste time playing that i should flee after you took my assassins in the first match , and instead i let you just kill my pirate which is the same thing . The second match was over as well after i lost my revives - because of course you can't play without it . Once the forts are used and without anything to heal you or protect your health the game is lost - there is a small chance to still win it by attacking but you had shields to defend with and overwatch - all you had to do once my revives were gone is wait out 1 or 2 forts i may of had and the game is won , which is exactly what happen too. my pirate not being able to heal back the damage is a sitting duck and overwatch will finish it fast. But you know all these things so please cut the mud.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 10-29-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511



Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •