My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Glassdoor Review

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    Yeah, my comment meant to say that new players shouldn't waste their money on an annual membership. New players will certainly find the same enjoyment most of us did several years ago. However, I would highly encourage them to either buy the areas or only pay monthly membership. The game is just not updated frequently enough through the year to justify an annual membership....especially when you compare that 60 dollar value to Wizard101 (not to mention really old MMOs like Everquest from 1999, which still gets more annual updates than Pirate101). I'm pretty sure even old dead MMOs that have been revived like ToonTown and FreeRealms get more updates than Pirate101.
    Well, I've always preferred the freedom and benefits of having membership over buying access piecemeal. To each their own.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (09-14-2019),monkeycrew (09-14-2019)

ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    It seemed to me like it was wrote by a player. I don't know the "screening process" of writing on that site, but it's definitely something an angry Pirate101 player would say.
    Either that or just maybe matches totally with the truth and facts of whats actually going on with pirate101. This likely is just the truth matches too well .
    Last edited by ClockWork12; 09-14-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (09-14-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

RealDux is offline Deckhand

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Couldn't help but circle back to this after the latest kingsisle Live. I don't believe this review is legit whatsoever, but it still has merit.

Did you see the way Jared played? Zero clue what he was doing, and he's the senior designer.

• "They've killed their second MMO named Pirate101 and neglected it after the project was nearly finished and moved right away to chase an unknown market they have no experience about..."

There is in fact residual of a completely scrapped storyline along with numerous promotions with finished models that were never publicized for unknown reasons. (Best guess is from their shift to mobile games.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eagle archer.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	75831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monquista.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	75832

I'm having trouble finding the scrapped queen models in which she rebuilds the entire armada in her own image. For those who've seen it, you know it's out there!

• "For example we were asked not too long ago to work on a new 5 level expansion for Pirates then all of a sudden they've asked us to leave it and just focus on making updates for the flagship game even though it was almost finished."

Since the 5 levels was addressed rather directly, it really does read off as someone who is not well-informed.

That is not to discount the fact that level 75 was indeed planned-and-canned!

Here's a completely unedited picture directly from the September 2018 update notes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	75833

• "Thousands of unused assets for their 2nd MMO that'll likely never see the light. Completely unfortunate as you see hours of hard work from art, environment, sounds, and coding, goes down the drains like that."

Despite how fake the review may be, you can't help but agree with its main points. Kingsisle hasn't exactly been on top of their game.
    Last edited by RealDux; 09-29-2019 at 10:19 PM.

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

BadTerriJones (09-30-2019),Crushcut (10-04-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-30-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-30-2019),Kingurz (09-30-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019),Nojow (10-01-2019),Stephanie (10-02-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

Patrick. is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• Patrick.'s Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Patrick
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Daring

I believe it completely. It lines up with what most of all of us knew. Through data mining or what has been posted through official means (lvl 75 planned, old scratch pic). There has even been posts about gear henchmen wear that aren't available to players (how easy would that be to put into the game?!). Perhaps when management is weeded out, we will see improvements.
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patrick. For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-04-2019),FusionSun (09-30-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

RealDux is offline Deckhand

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick. View Post
    I believe it completely. It lines up with what most of all of us knew. Through data mining or what has been posted through official means (lvl 75 planned, old scratch pic). There has even been posts about gear henchmen wear that aren't available to players (how easy would that be to put into the game?!). Perhaps when management is weeded out, we will see improvements.
    I think you're missing the main point of what we've been discussing in this thread.

We are not skeptical towards the accuracy of the evaluations (we all know there's something along those lines happening behind the scenes), but rather of the individual claiming having worked for Kingsisle. Those screenshots In my earlier post have been circling the internet for a year. Anyone could read the September 2018 update notes and come to the same conclusions as listed in the review, as well as take advantage of the anonymity.

It may matter very much whether or not it came from a former employee. You need to take into account that it may be one of our own trying to falsely reassure us that Kingsisle relates to our concerns about Pirate101.

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (09-30-2019),Kingurz (09-30-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

Patrick. is offline Deckhand

• Patrick.'s Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Patrick
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by RealDux View Post
    I think you're missing the main point of what we've been discussing in this thread.

We are not skeptical towards the accuracy of the evaluations (we all know there's something along those lines happening behind the scenes), but rather of the individual claiming having worked for Kingsisle. Those screenshots In my earlier post have been circling the internet for a year. Anyone could read the September 2018 update notes and come to the same conclusions as listed in the review, as well as take advantage of the anonymity.

It may matter very much whether or not it came from a former employee. You need to take into account that it may be one of our own trying to falsely reassure us that Kingsisle relates to our concerns about Pirate101.
    Individual employees relating to our concerns? Sure. I don't think the review is even needed to realize that. Unfortunately, all actions fall on management. The top 5 control what every employee under them does, whether or not the employees agrees. Developers are paid to do their job, they have very little say into decisions (at kingsisle anyways). I'm sure some employees are more passionate than others (and probably depending on how long they've worked there).

It doesn't even matter whether it was from an employee or not because they seem to have no say at Kingsisle. And I'm sure they all feel the same way we do, but can't say much without risking their jobs lol.

I can also totally see them ripping the "sinbad gauntlet" out from Pirate101 content, as the entire thing looks like it was originally designed for pirate. There's even unused areas and tunnels that show much more seemed to be planned. Why put that much detail into the dock area, especially behind the building? It is clearly repurposed to me. Even in the dialog, it looks like more was planned originally where one of the NPCs says something about not boring you with the details of whatever else was intended for the island.
    Level 65 Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Privateer, and Buccaneer. @epicpatrick1234

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patrick. For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-04-2019),FusionSun (10-01-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-30-2019),Stephanie (10-02-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

DarkFire054 is offline Sailor
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• DarkFire054's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Fearless Wolf Nightingale
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquila Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cynical

Given how downhill the company has been for the past 5 years i'd have to say the reviews are probably legit

Avi By a friend of mine ( not from central )... Sig by me.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkFire054 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-04-2019),FusionSun (10-01-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-30-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick. View Post
    Individual employees relating to our concerns? Sure. I don't think the review is even needed to realize that. Unfortunately, all actions fall on management. The top 5 control what every employee under them does, whether or not the employees agrees. Developers are paid to do their job, they have very little say into decisions (at kingsisle anyways). I'm sure some employees are more passionate than others (and probably depending on how long they've worked there).

It doesn't even matter whether it was from an employee or not because they seem to have no say at Kingsisle. And I'm sure they all feel the same way we do, but can't say much without risking their jobs lol.

I can also totally see them ripping the "sinbad gauntlet" out from Pirate101 content, as the entire thing looks like it was originally designed for pirate. There's even unused areas and tunnels that show much more seemed to be planned. Why put that much detail into the dock area, especially behind the building? It is clearly repurposed to me. Even in the dialog, it looks like more was planned originally where one of the NPCs says something about not boring you with the details of whatever else was intended for the island.
    I have to agree with the statement that the fault lies with management, not the developers. Wizard101 and Pirate101 are top tier MMO games for the "family friendly" category and the developers are directly responsible for making it a success. However, I've commented many times before that Pirate101's troubles coincide with the KI shift to mobile games. Putting money, people, time and other resources towards mobile games left Pirate101 playing second fiddle to Wizard101.

Is anyone aware of any other company updating two MMOs at the same time with one development team? Even Daybreak Games that continues to crank out one major update for Everquest and Everquest II has two separate development teams for each (with some minor shared resources)......and Everquest is 20 years old.
    Last edited by Kingurz; 09-30-2019 at 07:22 PM.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-04-2019),FusionSun (10-01-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-30-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019),Patrick. (10-01-2019),Stephanie (10-02-2019),Tomas (09-30-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123