My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

[WIP] Golden Hour Before Twilight

Hello.

Recently, I've been working on this drawing. (about 2 weeks so far, on-and-off because of my schedule)
    I wanted to do a bit more work before showing what it looks like as a work-in-progress (WIP), but I'm also working on a project -- the Pirate101 Powers Randomizer, which randomizes the Powers (and number of copies) you may use in battle. (It randomizes per fight)
    (I might make a post about the randomizer soon.)

(This drawing probably won't be done for another two weeks, at least, considering my current rate of progress.)

Here's the drawing as it currently is:

Name:  Sunset Over the City v0.026.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  47.2 KB
    Last edited by Cody Nightblade; 09-13-2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: updated drawing

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (09-16-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-15-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-18-2019),Willowdreamer (09-13-2019)

GoldenGuardian is online now Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Re: [WIP] Golden Hour Before Twilight

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Nightblade View Post
    Hello.

Recently, I've been working on this drawing. (about 2 weeks so far, on-and-off because of my schedule)
    I wanted to do a bit more work before showing what it looks like as a work-in-progress (WIP), but I'm also working on a project -- the Pirate101 Powers Randomizer, which randomizes the Powers (and number of copies) you may use in battle. (It randomizes per fight)
    (I might make a post about the randomizer soon.)

(This drawing probably won't be done for another two weeks, at least, considering my current rate of progress.)

Here's the drawing as it currently is:

Name:  Sunset Over the City v0.026.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  47.2 KB
    Amazing. Love how you have shaded each brick with so much care and attention to detail. Same goes for the trees. Its looking very good so far, can not wait to see your finished product!

Only minor thing I would nitpick on is the fence rail the girl lays on perfectly blocks a layer of breaks on the building. In terms of vision of depth, the rail has slightly more height than bricks, so the first layer of bricks above the rail should have slightly less height since its base is blocked by the fence. This is such a minor detail but I have very slight OCD at times and want to be a perfectionist so you can ignore this since its a very small. Maybe add another rail too so she doesnt fall off haha.

Nonetheless, keen to see the final version!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (09-15-2019),Crushcut (09-16-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-18-2019)

Cody Nightblade is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    Amazing. Love how you have shaded each brick with so much care and attention to detail. Same goes for the trees. Its looking very good so far, can not wait to see your finished product!

Only minor thing I would nitpick on is the fence rail the girl lays on perfectly blocks a layer of breaks on the building. In terms of vision of depth, the rail has slightly more height than bricks, so the first layer of bricks above the rail should have slightly less height since its base is blocked by the fence. This is such a minor detail but I have very slight OCD at times and want to be a perfectionist so you can ignore this since its a very small. Maybe add another rail too so she doesnt fall off haha.

Nonetheless, keen to see the final version!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Although it doesn't display as well here (if at all) as part of a forum post, there's a gap in the first layer of bricks above the railing and the railing itself, the same kind of gap that the bricks blocked by the railing would have with those bricks above the railing.
    This will be much more obvious when I do shade in the railing, but for now, it'll probably stay that way. Sorry about that.

(FYI: I probably won't end up doing the railing until close to the end, since I plan to tackle the harder parts of the drawing first.)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (09-16-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-16-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (09-18-2019)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

@Cody Nightblade - THIS IS AMAZING!!! I love this! The detail is so good!

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (09-20-2019),Crushcut (09-19-2019)