Djyc21215 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Request for Forum Admits to have consequences for players that avoid ladder matches

There is an ongoing discussion on another thread about what rules Central should have for it's ladder and tournament matches. I wish to take discussion a step further, and suggest adding some consequences for people that either Decline or no show ladder matches. Why am I suggesting this? Well to be perfectly blunt, the ladder system on central is a joke. Let me explain what I mean: In any other competitive PVP game with a ladder system, declining or no showing vs a player with equal or higher rank gets you a loss and results in a loss in elo. On the Central ladder you can stat-pad your way to the top by only fighting players worse than you should they accept your match, and avoid anyone better/higher than you on the ladder, and there's absolutely no consequences for it. This wouldn't be a problem if there were no rewards involved, cause then the actual ranking wouldn't matter. But handing out a prize to see who games the system better is hardly a way to keep a ladder active. I think this is a major reason people barely participate in ladder matches, because whats the point if you know that player worse than you is always going to decline your match just to protect his winrate? I get accused of "Stat-padding" devin, simply because for about 3 weeks straight, he was the only person that was willing to fight me on ladders (as evident by my match history). This post is not made to put down worse players before anyone accuses me of that,it's just simply made so that we can have an actual *REAL* ladder on this forum. I propose making it so that declining a challenge nets you more elo loss than simply fighting, shooting your shot, and at least trying to put up a fight. I know the vast majority of people are going to disagree with this, for obvious reasons, but what do the admins think?
    A thousand villages overgrown with weeds, men wasted away; Ten thousand homes where only ghosts sing. Reckless Christopher, pleased to meet you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Djyc21215 For This Useful Post:

quentin (09-15-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Re: Request for Forum Admits to have consequences for players that avoid ladder match

Players declining matches has always been an issue of sorts. I agree there. There is no real easy way to go about enforcing your suggestion, not with the system we have. There are limitations as to what we can or cannot do. Tracking each players challenges sent out and those declined is something we cannot do. Unfortunately, we can only track those that have been accepted. This is just how the system works. I do hope in the future this will be updated and allow for more variations of score keeping and observations to be made.

As for no shows, anyone that no shows twice automatically forfeits that match just like with regular tournaments.
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 09-15-2019 at 05:56 PM.

RealDux is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Re: Request for Forum Admits to have consequences for players that avoid ladder match

Quote Originally Posted by Djyc21215 View Post
    I propose making it so that declining a challenge nets you more elo loss than simply fighting...
    Anyone would be able to repeatedly challenge someone while lowering their score if they keep declining.

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

Djyc21215 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Players declining matches has always been an issue of sorts. I agree there. There is no real easy way to go about enforcing your suggestion, not with the system we have. There are limitations as to what we can or cannot do. Tracking each players challenges sent out and those declined is something we cannot do. Unfortunately, we can only track those that have been accepted. This is just how the system works. I do hope in the future this will be updated and allow for more variations of score keeping and observations to be made.

As for no shows, anyone that no shows twice automatically forfeits that match just like with regular tournaments.
    Dang i see. Thats unfortunate then :/
    A thousand villages overgrown with weeds, men wasted away; Ten thousand homes where only ghosts sing. Reckless Christopher, pleased to meet you.