Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Re: Next KI Live is Thursday, September 26, 2019

Regarding the producer's letter I got a lot of mixed feelings:

1. I'm happy they've finally admitted there's no big content planned for Pirate101. Those who still held out hope can now have some closure in that regard and move on, here or elsewhere.
    2. I'm sad the world of pirate won't grow anymore. The story and lore of Pirate101 was its gem but it can't expand without world releases. This blow was greatly softened by Valencia II and the abyssal conclusion to the story arc. Had KI not killed the storyline 3 years ago, I'd be devastated by this news.
    3. I'm gone, I might still come back out of nostalgia but everything the game has left to offer me is quest, farming, pets and pvp... I have no interest in engaging in the toxic slowpoke mess of ranked (which now requires a big update to fix). And then everything else, it feels pointless... why ready a ship that's never gonna sail?
    4. I'm sooo very disappointed. Pirate101 had amazing potential, it beat Wiz in every aspect and KI let it wilt and die. It makes me SO angry!! But I've known it for years and in truth I knew it couldn't recover in my eyes... KI would never win back my trust regarding Pirate. After so many promises and so much waiting, the damage to the community was already done.

I'll check out the new bosses when they're live and I hope new players can have as much fun as I did in Pirate's early years. But otherwise I'll just be waiting for the next big announcement: the new world I'll take with great skepticism, or the game's shutdown.

Most likely I won't stay around here either, alas the only topic I have left to discuss is how KI managed to sink such a sturdy ship.

~R
    Last edited by Ravino; 09-28-2019 at 08:27 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ravino For This Useful Post:

axel125 (09-28-2019),Bat Masterson (09-30-2019),Crushcut (10-15-2019),Elemutation (09-28-2019),FusionSun (09-28-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-29-2019),Kingurz (09-28-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-28-2019),monkeycrew (09-28-2019),Phenoixblizzard (09-28-2019),Tomas (09-28-2019),Varys (09-28-2019),Willowdreamer (09-28-2019)

ToonTown565 is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor

• ToonTown565's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Two Faced Terry Cog
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Witchdoctor
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Aquilian
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

- Producers Letter

- Making the game easier.
    a. Tweaking enemy hp from levels 1-40 is very unnecessary, the game from level 1-70 is still a pushover, getting very easy from 34 and on (Scratch 2 promo.) I didn't understand why that happened at all, the only place where you should be consistently losing comps maybe is Mooshu, and that's the first third of it, but again, you just get scratch to his 100% buffs and he melts everything.
    b. Though, I actually like lowering the nautical xp requirements, that actually helps, it took too many ships to sink to level, to the point where you basically had to wait until level 50-60, and set all comps to sailing and stop playing the game for a few weeks to actually get levels.
    c. Hopefully this fixes all the Ophidian ship drops, when it takes 90 ships to get 4 lotus, something is wrong.
    d. same as point a.
    - Elixirs
    a. I never used crowns, so this doesn't apply to me.
    - No planned updates
    This was the nail in the coffin, but being truthful is good, and takes guts, so props to you for saying it, even if we all knew it. I figured that it was going out this way, but eh.

- Other thoughts.
    Pirate101 really is falling into a "ToonTown Online" phase here, abandoning your veteran audience, in favor for trying to pull newer ones in, is part of what led TTO to shut down, though I doubt it'll happen as fast as it did for TTO. But when you don't have that much money coming into the game to begin with, and you're losing a lot more, it'll happen.
    3/5 Characters maxxed

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ToonTown565 For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (09-30-2019),Crushcut (10-15-2019),DarkFire054 (09-28-2019),FusionSun (09-28-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-29-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-28-2019),monkeycrew (09-28-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (09-29-2019),Willowdreamer (09-29-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ravino

I'm sooo very disappointed. Pirate101 had amazing potential, it beat Wiz in every aspect and KI let it wilt and die.

I'll just be waiting for the next big announcement: the new world I'll take with great skepticism, or the game's shutdown.
    That is so true. Story wise I really enjoy Pirate. There's no world that I go through that bores me. It has a lot of replay value.
    Yet Wizard101 is lacking in that department for me. It's more of a one time thing then skip skip skip as far as the dialogue is concerned and the schools aren't very unique - it's all the same blade stacking. At least with Pirate101 every school felt different and unique.

I feel like they put their resources into the wrong place. This game could have been so much more.

I don't understand why they can't do more - rather I think they refuse to do more. Their business module definitely brings in a lot of income - all those packs, sales, etc. It's a game where you pay to play monthly or whenever along with micro transactions. They can afford to hire new staff and develop worlds for Pirate, they just choose not to.

I'd love to be getting the wages of the senior staff at KI. I think all of the money is going into their pockets - it's definitely not going towards better equipment or updated content!

I always hear over on Wiz Central and other places that KI making money is a good thing because it adds to the new content and I'm just wondering where this new content is. It's all a cash grab for their own personal bank accounts - they can certainly afford to sustain 2 games. Yes, let's not forget their mobile games - which are not being updated and are ALSO cash grabs.

Scary thought that Pirate101 may turn into their next cash grab - add a lot of packs, elixirs, cosmetic items, milk it till it dies.
    Last edited by Willowdreamer; 09-29-2019 at 07:53 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (09-30-2019),Crushcut (10-15-2019),FusionSun (09-30-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-29-2019),Ravino (10-01-2019),Willowdreamer (09-29-2019)

Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

A new pack + nerfs + formal announcement of no new worthwhile content is absolutely laughable. KI are truly best at undermining themselves. To be quite honest, my least favorite update to this game is probably when they nerfed Miranda. Sure, it makes it easier to farm Blood, but that comes at the expense of what used to be an excellent climax that carried on all the way through to Motherlode Mine. It's a shame that I can't replay it anymore even if I wanted to.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-15-2019),GoldenGuardian (09-29-2019),monkeycrew (09-28-2019),Willowdreamer (09-29-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Thoughts:
    -With the coming of this newsletter, the Death flag has been raised. The admirals of mismanagement have won, and I expect our pirating to stop mid 2021 latest. Expect player counts to drop rapidly. I am glad they were transparent and finally showed us some respect by telling the cold, bitter truth.

-That was the most awful fight I have ever seen. Buying a million henchmen and still struggling? I would not blame them too much (even though they clearly are clueless in combat), this fight does not look fun at all.

-I am quite disappointed that they added another musketeer to the obsidian fights, I was hoping for a swashbuckler so we could get some buckler orientated drops. Ratbeard seems good for bucks though.

-The fight does not look fun. I think normal powerhouse tactics wont work, and I feel bonnie will blast any flames you place near her either with bombs or scattershots or whatever. The difficulty level seems to have taken a clear step above valencia II. But on the other hand I know people like Ben Wright and Logan maybe up to solo it though.

-Its annoying that their header blocks the objective in the video stream, I can't tell if we have to defeat all enemies or just defeat Black Anne.

-I would like KI to release a video of what could have been. I would have liked to see more images and videos of all the unreleased worlds and content they have.

-What in the world where they thinking including them as crown shop companions??? Thats the worst part of this update. This shoulda been a promo quest for Bonnie and Ratbeard, even though I think other companions (like monkey king) are more overdue for an update.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 09-30-2019 at 05:54 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Bat Masterson (09-30-2019),Crushcut (10-15-2019),FusionSun (09-30-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-30-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    Thoughts:
    -With the coming of this newsletter, the Death flag has been raised. The admirals of mismanagement have won, and I expect our pirating to stop mid 2021 latest. Expect player counts to drop rapidly. I am glad they were transparent and finally showed us some respect by telling the cold, bitter truth.

-That was the most awful fight I have ever seen. Buying a million henchmen and still struggling? I would not blame them too much (even though they clearly are clueless in combat), this fight does not look fun at all.

-I am quite disappointed that they added another musketeer to the obsidian fights, I was hoping for a swashbuckler so we could get some buckler orientated drops. Ratbeard seems good for bucks though.

-The fight does not look fun. I think normal powerhouse tactics wont work, and I feel bonnie will blast any flames you place near her either with bombs or scattershots or whatever. The difficulty level seems to have taken a clear step above valencia II. But on the other hand I know people like Ben Wright and Logan maybe up to solo it though.

-Its annoying that their header blocks the objective in the video stream, I can't tell if we have to defeat all enemies or just defeat Black Anne.

-I would like KI to release a video of what could have been. I would have liked to see more images and videos of all the unreleased worlds and content they have.

-What in the world where they thinking including them as crown shop companions??? Thats the worst part of this update. This shoulda been a promo quest for Bonnie and Ratbeard, even though I think other companions (like monkey king) are more overdue for an update.
    I agree that the battle they showed did not look like any fun. They were clearly unprepared and weren't even really talking about the battle or perhaps when they restarted they would have actually checked the gear and the companions.

Is it ready for Live play? I guess we'll find out soon. Initial release is when most players will give it a try.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-15-2019),monkeycrew (09-30-2019),Ravino (10-01-2019)

Allison DeathWielder is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

The battle with Black Anne had a lot of weird factors going into it. Chat was pointing out that the dev server pirate wasn't properly geared out, the companions weren't fully leveled or promoted, and of course because they were more focused on talking about the live stream they weren't in the least bit focused on the fight. That last one is a bit understandable, but all these things together painted a poor picture of their ability to play the game regardless of their actual ability.

I do find it very strange that when using a preset dev character, they didn't just give it all the best gear in the game and max out the companions. There was no reason for that pirate to be under-prepared for a fight they knew they planned to do on the stream.
    ‚Äč
    Experience has taught me not to trust frozen snacks.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allison DeathWielder For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-15-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-30-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Allison DeathWielder View Post
    The battle with Black Anne had a lot of weird factors going into it. Chat was pointing out that the dev server pirate wasn't properly geared out, the companions weren't fully leveled or promoted, and of course because they were more focused on talking about the live stream they weren't in the least bit focused on the fight. That last one is a bit understandable, but all these things together painted a poor picture of their ability to play the game regardless of their actual ability.I do find it very strange that when using a preset dev character, they didn't just give it all the best gear in the game and max out the companions. There was no reason for that pirate to be under-prepared for a fight they knew they planned to do on the stream.
    Yea when i watched them playing and paying so little attention to the game, my first thought was - wow way to attract new players to Pirate - make them think you can't win a battle without buying multiple upon multiple crown minions (which imo the crown minions really only help to boost and heal, to me their attacks seem much weaker than what my pirate is able to do.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-15-2019),Ravino (10-01-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Allison DeathWielder View Post
    The battle with Black Anne had a lot of weird factors going into it. Chat was pointing out that the dev server pirate wasn't properly geared out, the companions weren't fully leveled or promoted, and of course because they were more focused on talking about the live stream they weren't in the least bit focused on the fight. That last one is a bit understandable, but all these things together painted a poor picture of their ability to play the game regardless of their actual ability.

I do find it very strange that when using a preset dev character, they didn't just give it all the best gear in the game and max out the companions. There was no reason for that pirate to be under-prepared for a fight they knew they planned to do on the stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    Yea when i watched them playing and paying so little attention to the game, my first thought was - wow way to attract new players to Pirate - make them think you can't win a battle without buying multiple upon multiple crown minions (which imo the crown minions really only help to boost and heal, to me their attacks seem much weaker than what my pirate is able to do.
    Unfortunately, it was Leah's dev account they were using rather than one that was actually used by someone to play the game. She even said she hadn't trained the companions. I kept suggesting they flee and regroup in the chat window, but no one was paying attention.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-15-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-30-2019),Ravino (10-01-2019)

Phenoixblizzard is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Unfortunately, it was Leah's dev account they were using rather than one that was actually used by someone to play the game. She even said she hadn't trained the companions. I kept suggesting they flee and regroup in the chat window, but no one was paying attention.

I wondered why they didn't do that. I mean, the fight would've been interesting to watch if they had trained up the companions and had some proper gear.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phenoixblizzard For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-15-2019),luvs2sleepalot (09-30-2019),Willowdreamer (09-30-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234