•  Mooshu Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cold

Re: Site security issue

Quote Originally Posted by TheyMayBeBears View Post
    When I click on a link, it will redirect me to a page that shows me a "Download Now!" button.
    I have been experiencing this issue too! Sometimes when I click "Open in New Tab" on a link, it will redirect me.
    I have also noticed many formatting issues with the Wiki- sometimes when searching for things, half of the webpage will be cut off. This makes many pages unreadable, forcing me to go back. You can recreate this glitch by searching for anything, and then directly clicking on it from the search results page. The only way around this is to open the search result in a new tab. Refreshing the tab will just take you back to the search results.

These issues have been driving me crazy when I'm browsing the Wiki for information- far too often do I have to close tabs and reopen links! Do note that I have not tried clearing my browsing history, cookies, cache, or anything like that yet.

Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Regardless of whether or not these issues are on the user end, it would be prudent to implement https.

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Yeah, there is something weird going on. I'm now experiencing site issues in the last two days and it has something to do with the ads.

Whenever I click on "New Posts" an ad is pulled up in a whole new tab (Google Chrome). This isn't an accidentally click, as I just clicked "reply to new post" and had the same new tab opening for an ad. Below is one of the ads that popped up in the new tab.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PopUp Add.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	76059

EDIT: It just popped up another tab when I clicked on the button to insert a picture to this post. The site is clearly bugged with automatic ad clicks, as almost every step of creating this post was bombarded with ad redirect to other sites in new tabs.
    Last edited by Kingurz; 11-23-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123