My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Post Good Hunting, Comrades.

Ahoy, Pirates.

So, I've been playing Pirate101 since 2013, so... Wow. Basically six years. I don't think I've played any other game for that long, haha. And I've enjoyed the game so much, from its immersive graphics to its cinematic music to its memorable characters. This game has definitely made up the majority of my awesome game memories. I really love this game, and I love this community of swashbuckling Pirates just as much.

Not to be dramatic or anything.

But in all seriousness, and without further ado, I'm leaving Pirate101.

I'll be canceling my membership, so I can't be on the forums. I tried to make a goodbye post on there, but whaddyaknow, KingsIsle deleted/unaccepted my post. Figures.

KingsIsle is not updating their game, so why should I be paying for a game that does not benefit me anymore? Why should I be paying for a game whose developer does not care about their players? Why should I be paying for a game that is not yet dead, but on its dying breaths and is past the point of no return, unless they can whip up some Miracle Whip (™) of updates (although that won't be happening anytime soon, and we know it)?

So, yeah, I'm canceling my membership. I might play Pirate101 occasionally, but that will be rare and seldom, as I'm already busy as some of you might know. So, in essence, I'm basically leaving Pirate101.

THE GOOD NEWS is that I'll still be here on Central, because I love this community, the people on here, the role plays (although they're seldom now), and the fact that we can discuss the future of the game without being bombarded and moderated by (biased, mind you) KingsIsle employee-moderators; plus, it's free to be on here anyway. (Oh, and the contests. How I love the contests. )

So, Good Hunting, Mateys.

As I previously mentioned, I tried to make a goodbye post on the main message boards but KingsIsle deleted it. Therefore, I made another one that just said goodbye and that the full post was on Central, without any extra details. I hope it posts, but if it doesn't, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could make a post explaining that I canceled my membership and won't be on the message boards anymore.

(Also, I joined a HTTYD-based game called School of Dragons, so if anyone's on there [or The Legend of Pirates Online], I'd love to meet up! )

Diverteix-Te, Good Hunting, and I'll See You in the Skyways of Pirate101 Central,
    Helpful Aurora Parker, Max Level Swashbuckler

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

axel125 (10-12-2019),ClockWork12 (10-12-2019),Cody Nightblade (10-12-2019),Crushcut (10-12-2019),FusionSun (10-12-2019),GoldenGuardian (10-12-2019),Kingurz (10-11-2019),luvs2sleepalot (10-11-2019),monkeycrew (10-13-2019),RealDux (10-12-2019),Rrrrzzzz419 (10-11-2019),Stephanie (10-12-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Good Hunting, Comrades.

Ah, well - that's sad news, but as you will still be around Central, that is your cloud's silver lining.

Please do keep playing now and again, and sharing your thoughts.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

ClockWork12 (10-12-2019),Cody Nightblade (10-12-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (10-13-2019),monkeycrew (10-13-2019)

ClockWork12 is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Its sad to see you go but can't blame you .

I feel the same way and i am also looking to find another game to play .Pvp is one of my favorite parts in pirates but as small as it is its getting even smaller and few good players that used to be active just 7 , 8 months ago are not playing anymore .

Best wishes and have fun in whatever you do .
    P101 Eric West/W101C Jeremy5511

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClockWork12 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-12-2019),FusionSun (10-12-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (10-13-2019),monkeycrew (10-13-2019)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Ah, well - that's sad news, but as you will still be around Central, that is your cloud's silver lining.
    Haha, yep. I love this community and don't plan on leaving Central anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Please do keep playing now and again, and sharing your thoughts.

Will do (if I can find the time, that is)! I canceled my membership but I still have the benefits until the date of expiration, so I might just hop on a few times before or after it expires. Thanks for your reply, @Willowdreamer!

Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork12 View Post
    Its sad to see you go but can't blame you .

I feel the same way and i am also looking to find another game to play .Pvp is one of my favorite parts in pirates but as small as it is its getting even smaller and few good players that used to be active just 7 , 8 months ago are not playing anymore .

Best wishes and have fun in whatever you do .
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. Thanks, @ClockWork12!

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

I'm glad you're staying on Central; I am too. I haven't necessarily quit Pirate101, but I am definitely not putting any more money into it anymore. There is no point if they're not going to expand it and give us content that's worth investing in.

I played Pirate101 and knew about it only through wiz. I wasn't even a fan of pirate things so idk if I'll find a new game to play or not since I'm now in college and the last story update was at the end of my freshman year of hs - think how much time there is between that.

I'm only in the skyways for two things, since all 6 characters of mine are max - leveling my musketeer's pet (which takes FOREVER), and drops and whatnot for the wiki. Not even the latter much anymore, nobody has time to put 2 hours aside for the chance of running a successful run of the tower of moo.

Regardless, see you in the skyways, maybe in the future. It always saddens me to see that KI has this great product and they killed it for no reason. To me, I think we deserve a why.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-13-2019),FusionSun (10-15-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (10-13-2019),Willowdreamer (10-13-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    I'm glad you're staying on Central; I am too. I haven't necessarily quit Pirate101, but I am definitely not putting any more money into it anymore. There is no point if they're not going to expand it and give us content that's worth investing in.

I played Pirate101 and knew about it only through wiz. I wasn't even a fan of pirate things so idk if I'll find a new game to play or not since I'm now in college and the last story update was at the end of my freshman year of hs - think how much time there is between that.

I'm only in the skyways for two things, since all 6 characters of mine are max - leveling my musketeer's pet (which takes FOREVER), and drops and whatnot for the wiki. Not even the latter much anymore, nobody has time to put 2 hours aside for the chance of running a successful run of the tower of moo.

Regardless, see you in the skyways, maybe in the future. It always saddens me to see that KI has this great product and they killed it for no reason. To me, I think we deserve a why.
    100% agree, @monkeycrew. See you in the Skyways, somewhere in the distant future.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (10-14-2019)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

So sad to hear our veteran players letting go. While I started playing shortly after beta, I've never had all 6 pirates maxed. This time around I started a new account (returned a little over a year ago - May 2018), and am determined to max all Pirates. However, none of my Pirates (on either account) have done Moo tower and none seem able to do the Regatta. I hope after questing and maxing Pirates there will be some veteran to help show the ropes when i get that far

Good Luck in your future endeavors !

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (10-13-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (10-14-2019),monkeycrew (10-14-2019),Willowdreamer (10-13-2019)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    So sad to hear our veteran players letting go. While I started playing shortly after beta, I've never had all 6 pirates maxed. This time around I started a new account (returned a little over a year ago - May 2018), and am determined to max all Pirates. However, none of my Pirates (on either account) have done Moo tower and none seem able to do the Regatta. I hope after questing and maxing Pirates there will be some veteran to help show the ropes when i get that far

I'm on the same page with you. I also played shortly after beta, then dipped out because I got busy in high school. If you're down to do Tower of Moo Manchu runs or other endgame dungeon runs, you can always send me a message on my profile, and I can schedule to meet in-game with you.

I'm

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (10-14-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Creative

So sad to hear our veteran players letting go.
    Veteran? Wow... That's probably the first time I've been referred to as a veteran player. It's funny that I never knew how close 2013 was to the starting date of Pirate101.

While I started playing shortly after beta, I've never had all 6 pirates maxed. This time around I started a new account (returned a little over a year ago - May 2018), and am determined to max all Pirates. However, none of my Pirates (on either account) have done Moo tower and none seem able to do the Regatta. I hope after questing and maxing Pirates there will be some veteran to help show the ropes when i get that far
    Yeah, I haven't maxed out all Pirates either; only one. I remember when I was jumping around and cheering all day IRL when I finally got Aurora to Max Level.

Thank you so much, and you too, @luvs2sleepalot!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

luvs2sleepalot (10-14-2019)