Fisher is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Not sure what best ship gear is currently

I'm not that sure what the current best ship gear is. Currently I use a Spiral Aquila Galleon with these parts:
    Code:
    Anchor: Imperial Mud Hook, Armor: Decemviri Heavy Armor, Cannons: Indomitable Ballista, Figurehead: Ice Gorgon Adornment, Rudder: Sovereign Rudder, Sails: Wings of Auster, Wheel: Hero's Wheel, Horn: Horn of Mighty Kraken
    A ton of my ship gear comes from the same places, and that's probably it's biggest weakness. What is the best ship gear for Eagle Origin? (and I'm looking to build a "best ship" collection so if you could tell me the stuff for that I would appreciate it!)
    Last edited by Fisher; 10-26-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    Witchdoctor - Kindly Mason Fisher - Level 70
    Swashbuckler ‚Äč- Noble Mason Burke - Level 22

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Not sure what best ship gear is currently

The best horns are dropped by The Pretender. The Horn of Maxios and the Horn of Steno do 3.75% damage, which is a slight improvement over your Kraken's 3.5%

The best armor is the Ornate Polarian Icebreaker, only obtained by doing the Party Barge quests. The best Wheel is also obtained there, the Boiling Polarian Wheel. Occasionally, these may appear in the Bazaar as max levels may sell extras they get. I know I have sold several.

For sails, a lot depends on what power you prefer. Personally, I like Indomitable, so I use the Sails of Skiron.

Level 65 cannons and anchors are pretty much the same, so if you like the look of yours, you are fine. Same with the figurehead and rudder - you have pretty much the best of those already.

Good luck with your goal, smooth sailing to you!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Fisher (10-27-2019),LucasQuietly (10-27-2019)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    The best horns are dropped by The Pretender. The Horn of Maxios and the Horn of Steno do 3.75% damage, which is a slight improvement over your Kraken's 3.5%The best armor is the Ornate Polarian Icebreaker, only obtained by doing the Party Barge quests. The best Wheel is also obtained there, the Boiling Polarian Wheel. Occasionally, these may appear in the Bazaar as max levels may sell extras they get. I know I have sold several.For sails, a lot depends on what power you prefer. Personally, I like Indomitable, so I use the Sails of Skiron.Level 65 cannons and anchors are pretty much the same, so if you like the look of yours, you are fine. Same with the figurehead and rudder - you have pretty much the best of those already.Good luck with your goal, smooth sailing to you!
    The heavy armor from the Valencian ship vendor in Florenza is far superior to the Polarian one, with 615 hull integrity. Fisher already has this equipped. In fact most of the gear he sells is the best in game.As for the horns, I am still not fully knowlegeable on the mechanics of power and damage but I think you are right in terms of 3.75x damage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (10-28-2019)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGuardian View Post
    The heavy armor from the Valencian ship vendor in Florenza is far superior to the Polarian one, with 615 hull integrity. Fisher already has this equipped. In fact most of the gear he sells is the best in game.As for the horns, I am still not fully knowlegeable on the mechanics of power and damage but I think you are right in terms of 3.75x damage.
    I guess I just preferred the higher defense and armor to the hull integrity -- I like to buck the conventional wisdom trends. Personally, I prefer to sail a Royal Navy or Pirate Galleon just to be different. Everyone at Level 70 in their Eagle Galleons just look so same-same.

Each to his own taste.