•  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cold

New To The Forums!

Hello! I have played Pirate101 since its release, but I never made, or thought about making, a Pirate101 Central account until now. Lately I have been getting back into the game, and there have been many times where I need help- but the Internet does not have the answers. So, I decided to come to Pirate101 Central instead!

My highest level Pirate is a Level 44 Privateer who has hit the paywall for Mooshu. His Nautical Level is 54. This Pirate is my biggest regret- at the time, I had no idea that how your parents died would affect your Presido companion, and I thought that spending my Practice Points into every class would be a good idea!
    Recently though, I have been leveling up another Privateer (Done right this time!) and just today I hit the paywall on him too.

Right now, these are the questions I need help with the most:

-Is Hansom Dan a viable companion? I have him on my main with Blade Storm 2, Relentless 2, and Vengeance Strike 2.

-What are the best Presido Companions for each class?

-On my main Privateer, my Egg Shen has Relentless 3, Blade Storm, and First Strike. However, on my other Privateer, Egg Shen cannot learn Relentless 3 at Level 35. Is this a bug? If not, which Epic Talent should I choose on him?

-On the Wiki, it says El Toro gets 3 Epic Talents upon promotion, and one upon reaching Level 35. This implies that he would get 4 Epic Talents by Level 35, but both my my El Toro's only has three! Is the game bugged, is the Wiki wrong, or am I misreading what the Wiki says?

-Anyone else loathe Gaspard De Vole as much as I do?

-On my second Privateer, I have Lucky Jack Russel and The Marchioness. Both have Relentless 2, Blade Storm, and Vengeance Strike. The Marchioness also has Repel Boarders, along with her other powers. Both are able to learn another Epic Talent now that they are Level 35.
    My question for all of you is, what should that Epic Talent be, and which companion should I use? Right now, I have Lucky Jack Russel, El Toro (El Toro has Riposte, Relentless, First Strike and Blade Storm), Egg Shen, Bonnie Ann (Bonnie Ann has Double Tap, Burst Fire and Overwatch 2) and The Marchioness (All at level 35). Of these companions, who should I bring with me into battle?

-I have been experiencing some funkiness with the Pirate101 Wiki lately. The formatting is off, and occasionally I click on a link within the Wiki only to be redirected to suspicious sites. What is going on here?

-Is anyone willing to sell a Ki-Rin Figurehead and/or the Rattan Dragon Rudder to the Bazaar so I can pick them up? Outfitting all of my Ships with the best gear at all levels is a hobby of mine!

-Will anyone help me complete the Pirate's Regatta Quest and/or defeat the Turret in Tumbleweed? I am a bit of a completionist in this game, and these are the last two things I have not done!

Thank you for reading this, and have a good day!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bolt For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (11-05-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (11-04-2019),RealDux (11-04-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: New To The Forums!

Ahoy, Bolt -- and Welcome Aboard!

You sure have a LOT of questions here. I'll try to answer what I can, and hopefully someone else can provide information about the rest.

RE: Companions in general -- I prefer to play randomized companions, taking the luck of the draw to make battles more interesting. I know that many players prefer to have companions they can easily buff as a group -- Buccaneers tend to prefer to work with a crew of melee companions, for example, and Musketeers want more musketeers. Privateers, however, can buff just about anybody, so I don't think that there is a "best" companion for any class.

Handsome Dan is okay - I have him on my Musketeer's team. I'm not sure what you mean by "viable" as all companions can have a role in certain battle situations, and as I say above, playing randomized crews can lead to more strategies and ideas.

Your first Egg Shen, being recruited prior to the Advanced Companions update, had different talent-choice options from the second Egg Shen, but they should become equal at Level 55, when your second should be able to train Relentless 3.

El Toro's Epic Talent choices are a bit tricky because he can be recruited at Level 35, and the wiki page template automatically adds the comment about an Epic Talent selection at that level. He does not get 4. If you could manage to recruit him as low as Level 34, he would get two Epic Talent selections and one more once he trained up to Level 35.

If the Pirate101 Central Wiki is acting weird, the best thing to do is clear your browser's cache or try another browser and see if the same issue occurs. That always seems to help me.

I have a bunch of ship equipment I should really go through and get sold, so I will look for the items you mention. I can help with the Regatta and the Turret if we have a mutually convenient time to meet up. You could also post in the In-Game Help section with a request, and find someone else willing to help you out.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Bolt (11-04-2019),Cody Nightblade (11-05-2019),HelpfulAuroraParker (11-04-2019),RealDux (11-04-2019)

Bolt is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Bolt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dead-Eye Jason Grant
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cold

@Willowdreamer

Thanks for the info! As for meeting up, on average the best times for me are 3:30PM until 5:00PM. On the weekends I am on from 10:00Am until 12:00PM. I am also on later in the evening, from 6:00PM to 9:00PM if nothing comes up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bolt For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (11-04-2019)

Cody Nightblade is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Hello there, and welcome to the Pirate101 Central forums!

As Willowdreamer said, Handsome Dan is okay.
    I don't usually see Privateer companions being played, aside from Emmet, Lucky Jack Russel, and their Crown Shop counterparts.
    Since Handsome Dan can obtain Relentless 2 and Blade Storm 2, he can chain attacks on enemies pretty well.
    That said, there are companions that do better than / would replace him, so even if I had him as a companion, I probably wouldn't have him on my active team except when I feel like switching things up a bit.

About Egg Shen not being able to learn Relentless 3 at level 35....
    I have the impression that Companions cannot learn rank 3 Epics until level 40.
    This may explain why your level 35 Egg Shen is unable to obtain Relentless 3.

I don't have Lucky Jack Russel, but my general tip for melee companions would be to get Relentless 2 and Blade Storm 2 as early as possible (for example, running a Burst Fire 2 / Double Tap 2 Bonnie Anne at level 15). This allows them to deal up to 6 additional attacks per turn (the actual outcomes vary because of attacking-stat comparison, missed attacks, and criticals, as well as a few other things).
    Therefore, I suggest both your Lucky Jack Russel and Marchioness to get Blade Storm 2 for the extra two potential attacks you get from that.

Of the five companions you listed, I'd suggest to bring: The Marchioness, El Toro, and Lucky Jack Russel.
    This is because of:
    Marchioness => Will buff, chaining attacks with Will (Having Marchioness means an extra Steadying Speech / Calm the Troops (depending on promotion), allowing for more chances at chaining, criticals, and damage in general for Will-based Companions.)
    El Toro => Call to Arms / Espirit de Corps (depending on whether he is promoted), chaining attacks
    Lucky Jack Russel => chaining attacks with Will

Bonnie Anne is another wonderful Companion to have as part of your active team, so if I thought to include her, I'd replace El Toro with her.
    I don't usually use Egg Shen, although his two attacking Powers are pretty nice to have (especially the Buccaneer Smash, obtained after his second promotion).

Depending on the enemies you face, you might want to have him in the party for more chains (especially versus enemies that have really low Strength).
    As fights vary in the number of Companions you may bring to battle, these options may not always hold true. (oh, and enemies faced.)

Hope you enjoy your stay at the P101C forums! ^^'
    Last edited by Cody Nightblade; 11-05-2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: message formatting broke again @[email protected]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

Bolt (11-05-2019)