Fisher is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Another question about ship gear

The goal I mentioned in my first question about ship gear was actually to build a ship collection for all origins of ships and all of them to have the best gear.
    Since then, I have acquired a Level 70 Spiral Royal Navy Galleon.

What is the best gear for every origin besides Eagle Origin?
    Witchdoctor - Kindly Mason Fisher - Level 70
    Swashbuckler ‚Äč- Noble Mason Burke - Level 22

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fisher For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (11-18-2019)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Another question about ship gear

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    The goal I mentioned in my first question about ship gear was actually to build a ship collection for all origins of ships and all of them to have the best gear.

On my Royal Navy Spiral Galleon I have:

Boiling Polarian Wheel
    Combustive Osseus Carving
    Tidworth Rudder
    64 Pounders
    Second Prime Heavy Armor
    Platinum Mud Hook
    Horn of Stheno
    Seigneur's Sails

I don't know if there are better elements that others use, but this is the best I have acquired.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (11-18-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post

I've been doing a collection of my own trying to get the best possible ships, so I'll share what I've got.

Let's start with the "Any Origin" gear:
    • For the Cannons and Anchors the best would come from the vendor in Florenza.
    • As for the the Wheel I would suggest any wheel that gives "Immortal Wings". Wheels with "Inspiration" would heal the same amount immediately, as opposed to over time, but it has a longer cooldown (4 more seconds).
    • The best Horns are the Horn of the Maxios and the Horn of the Stheno, beating the more commonly seen Horn of the Mighty Kraken (I personally have this one cause I haven't gotten the other ones.

As for the unique origin stuff I would say that most of the stuff the vendor in Florenza sells is the best, with some exceptions:
    • Armors: Vendor in Florenza
    • Rudders: Vendor in Florenza
    • Sails: With the amount of powers Sails give, is up to preference really. If the ship of origin has a Sail with Communion, I tend to equip it just cause is unique and is a good power as well. Other than that, the best Sails come from the vendor in Florenza.
    • Figureheads (the exceptions): in my opinion, when looking for the best Figurehead is best to focus on the power it gives rather than the stat (Hull Repair Rate). Idk exactly how HPR works though, but it sounds to me how fast your ship heals outside of combat. Anyways, I tend to go with the Figureheads that give either x3 or x3.5 powers (Shark Storm and Cephalopod as my preference cause I like storm), most of these you can find plenty in the bazaar. The only hard one to obtain would be the Pirate Figurehead, the best ones are the Neptune Figurehead or the Figurehead from the Cutthroat Bundle.

These observations however leave 2 origin ships unaccounted for: The Raft and the Monquistan Skiff.
    • The Raft: unique to this "ship" the best pieces of gear would be the Starfish Billethead (Figurehead), The Full Rigged Sails and the Second Hand Rudder (Or the bugged Phoenix Rudder*). Rafts don't have any armors available to them unfortunately.
    • Monquistan Skiff: first of, the best skiff you can get is the one from the story. As for the gear: Armor Fuerte, Alto Velas (Naut. Lvl 12), Goronado Figurehead and the Timon Robusto (Or the bugged Phoenix Rudder*).

*The Phoenix Rudder was/is a nautical level 65 rudder that was supposed to be a rudder for the Bison Origin ship. Due to an oversight however, it was equipable by a ship of any origin. It seems at one point this rudder was removed from the Bazaar and from being able to drop, but it also appears to still be in the game. I had one equipped in on my Raft (Now on my Monquistan Skiff) and it wasn't deleted.
    Last edited by Shanky0; 11-18-2019 at 11:41 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shanky0 For This Useful Post:

Bolt (11-18-2019),Cody Nightblade (11-18-2019),Fisher (11-18-2019),Willowdreamer (11-18-2019)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Shanky0 View Post
    I've been doing a collection of my own trying to get the best possible ships, so I'll share what I've got. Let's start with the "Any Origin" gear:
    • For the Cannons and Anchors the best would come from the vendor in Florenza.
    • As for the the Wheel I would suggest any wheel that gives "Immortal Wings". Wheels with "Inspiration" would heal the same amount immediately, as opposed to over time, but it has a longer cooldown (4 more seconds).
    • The best Horns are the Horn of the Maxios and the Horn of the Stheno, beating the more commonly seen Horn of the Mighty Kraken (I personally have this one cause I haven't gotten the other ones.

As for the unique origin stuff I would say that most of the stuff the vendor in Florenza sells is the best, with some exceptions:
    • Armors: Vendor in Florenza
    • Rudders: Vendor in Florenza
    • Sails: With the amount of powers Sails give, is up to preference really. If the ship of origin has a Sail with Communion, I tend to equip it just cause is unique and is a good power as well. Other than that, the best Sails come from the vendor in Florenza.
    • Figureheads (the exceptions): in my opinion, when looking for the best Figurehead is best to focus on the power it gives rather than the stat (Hull Repair Rate). Idk exactly how HPR works though, but it sounds to me how fast your ship heals outside of combat. Anyways, I tend to go with the Figureheads that give either x3 or x3.5 powers (Shark Storm and Cephalopod as my preference cause I like storm), most of these you can find plenty in the bazaar. The only hard one to obtain would be the Pirate Figurehead, the best ones are the Neptune Figurehead or the Figurehead from the Cutthroat Bundle.

These observations however leave 2 origin ships unaccounted for: The Raft and the Monquistan Skiff.
    • The Raft: unique to this "ship" the best pieces of gear would be the Starfish Billethead (Figurehead), The Full Rigged Sails and the Second Hand Rudder (Or the bugged Phoenix Rudder*). Rafts don't have any armors available to them unfortunately.
    • Monquistan Skiff: first of, the best skiff you can get is the one from the story. As for the gear: Armor Fuerte, Alto Velas (Naut. Lvl 12), Goronado Figurehead and the Timon Robusto (Or the bugged Phoenix Rudder*).

*The Phoenix Rudder was/is a nautical level 65 rudder that was supposed to be a rudder for the Bison Origin ship. Due to an oversight however, it was equipable by a ship of any origin. It seems at one point this rudder was removed from the Bazaar and from being able to drop, but it also appears to still be in the game. I had one equipped in on my Raft (Now on my Monquistan Skiff) and it wasn't deleted.
    As a fellow multi-ship-equipping Pirate, I agree with your choices!

Some extra notes:
    • Anchors (level 65+): Do note that there are multiple versions of the level 65+ anchors (I think the ones with +37 Hull Repair Rate, +40 Boost Fuel Capacity, and +25% Boost Fuel Efficiency are the best ones.). The notable difference for those anchors (at least for me) is the cost in Gold. The ones my main Pirate use are the Macehead Grapple, Imperial Mud Hook, Platinum Mud Hook, and the August Kedge. (If you can find NPC-sold equivalents and can pay for them, then go for it -- Florenza should, as Shanky suggested, have them for ya.)
    • Armor: Level 65+ Armor seems to be the best for the ships in general. The ones I have give +650 Health, +2 Dodge, and +3 Ship Armor, excluding one (I am not sure if there are better ones). My Pirate has: Fortified Armor (Pirate Origin), Founder's Heavy Armor (Bison Origin, No Auction), Longma Heavy Armor (Samoorai Origin), Fancy Polarian Ice Breaker (+495 Health, +3 Defense, +4 Armor, Samoorai Origin), First Prime Heavy Armor (Royal Navy Origin, No Auction), Decemviri Heavy Armor (Eagle Origin). (However, I'm not sure of any other non-Eagle-Origin armor equips with the same level of bonuses.)
    • Cannon: From my observation, the best Cannon ship parts have +2 Accuracy in addition to their given damage boost, for any given level. The one I have is the Purified Cannons (+26 Damage, +2 Accuracy), Indomitable Ballista (+26 Damage, +2 Accuracy), Resplendent Artillery (+25 Damage, +2 Accuracy....1 less Damage >_>)
    • The Neptune Figurehead drops from numerous enemies. See the P101C wiki for details: http://pirate101central.com/wiki/Shi...une_Figurehead
    • The Mighty Chieftain Figurehead on his Bison-Origin Ship, which gives Triton (3x Ship Damage Attack, 70% chance to add Explosive Obstacle, rank 1)). More info on this item here: http://pirate101central.com/wiki/Shi...ain_Figurehead
    • My Pirate uses the Ki-Rin Figurehead on his Mooshu-Origin Ship, which gives Simba's Breath (3x Ship Damage attack, 40% chance to add Fire Trap (Level 2?)). More info on this item here: http://pirate101central.com/wiki/Ship:Ki-Rin_Figurehead
    • The Gold Pulpit Prow, a Royal Navy Origin Figurehead, gives Cephalopod (3.5x Ship Damage, 40% chance to add Explosive Obstacle (rank 3?), 18s cooldown). More info on this item here: http://pirate101central.com/wiki/Ship:Gold_Pulpit_Prow
    • Rudders: I tend to choose the rudders with the highest Hull Repair Rate (I assume the rest of the stats of the rudder are proportionally similar to that stat, and that one tends to be the highest numerically, I've noted). This amount actually tends to be +39 Hull Repair Rate (the lower-tier rudders have +13 or +26 Hull Repair Rate. The ones my Pirate has: Edged Rudder (Pirate Origin), Spectral Rudder (Bison Origin), Bullford Rudder (Royal Navy Origin)
    • Sails: Generally, I select Ship Sails based on the Power they give (like Shanky). My personal favorites are those with Entrophic Sphere (-12% Ship Dodge for 9s, 17s cooldown) or Gunner's Luck (+12% Accuracy, use if Entrophic Sphere isn't available for a given ship -- in this case, most likely any ship that isn't Eagle Origin).
    • Horns: I usually pick the Horns that give Powers that deal 3.5x damage. Examples: Horn of Mighty Kraken (Power: Kraken, 17s cooldown); Shanky has shared better Horn options, though. (the notable differences: the Power's cooldown and the Horn's Hull Repair Rate)
    • Wheels: Imperator's Wheel (Power: Immortal Wings). More info on this item here: http://pirate101central.com/wiki/Shi...ator%27s_Wheel

There may be better options, but this is what I have at the moment.
    I recommend checking the P101C wiki pages for the highest-level Ship Equipment to suit your needs.
    Best of luck with collecting the best ship gear in the game!
    Last edited by Cody Nightblade; 11-18-2019 at 08:40 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

Fisher (11-19-2019),Willowdreamer (11-18-2019)