•  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Some changes that have been on my mind a while

• Wounded Companions (opinion)
      • When a few companions become wounded after farming and you can't afford to cure all of them, that's pretty much a reason to not do other things such as PVP, and just exit the game for the rest of the day. It makes farming gradually more of a drag as all of your companions' max health slowly decreases. I (and just about everyone else) much prefer the previous system with the wounded being unusable until interacting with a life fountain or mojo potion (which makes more sense too, in my opinion). It shouldn't be hard to implement an older, more enjoyable and practical version of this feature.

• The stat "cap" (change)
      • will/str/agi is shown as '_ /100' and I don't see the purpose to this, it's completely unnecessary.

• Pet sparring (change)
      • The rewards are underwhelming to begin with; I can go to a vendor and buy better pet gear and snacks there. It takes weeks just to train a pet, and the only way to do it faster is with a LOT of crowns which I don't think anyone pays for anyways. If it were to grant pet experience and feed a snack afterwards, it would be a great incentive to play this regularly.

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

Bolt (01-18-2020),Crushcut (01-18-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (01-26-2020),luvs2sleepalot (01-19-2020),monkeycrew (01-17-2020)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Some changes that have been on my mind a while

Quote Originally Posted by RealDux View Post
    • Wounded Companions (opinion)
      • When a few companions become wounded after farming and you can't afford to cure all of them, that's pretty much a reason to not do other things such as PVP, and just exit the game for the rest of the day. It makes farming gradually more of a drag as all of your companions' max health slowly decreases. I (and just about everyone else) much prefer the previous system with the wounded being unusable until interacting with a life fountain or mojo potion (which makes more sense too, in my opinion). It shouldn't be hard to implement an older, more enjoyable and practical version of this feature.

• The stat "cap" (change)
      • will/str/agi is shown as '_ /100' and I don't see the purpose to this, it's completely unnecessary.

• Pet sparring (change)
      • The rewards are underwhelming to begin with; I can go to a vendor and buy better pet gear and snacks there. It takes weeks just to train a pet, and the only way to do it faster is with a LOT of crowns which I don't think anyone pays for anyways. If it were to grant pet experience and feed a snack afterwards, it would be a great incentive to play this regularly.
    As to your first change, I have always been a supporter of players learning to use more of their companions rather than just relying on their favorites, so I am not really in favor of changing back to the days when everyone was just automatically healed for little to no effort. How much farming, and at what level are you doing it, that you are losing most of your crew and cannot afford to heal them via Miracle Mitch?

The "stat cap" seems like a non-issue, since there isn't any real movement towards the 100 point cap with no updates on the horizon.

Pet sparring rewards have been complained about since the introduction of the activity, with little comment from KI. If I recall corrently, there were a few occasions when Tom (@One-Eyed Jack) commented to Decius during a KI Live show about it as they were trying to have players spar with Tom's pets. Decius tended to reply that the rewards are better for sparring with higher level multiple pet teams, but we all know that there is no one queuing to do so.

So that one, I do agree with. Baby pirates just reaching Bestia find a fine little goof off if they have the time to do the 15 matches and get the badges, but there is no real incentive to continue without being able to gain experience for the pets or feed them the snacks being won. It's just another example of a system that needs attention -- but ALL of Pirate101 needs attention.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (01-18-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (01-26-2020)

RealDux is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer

• RealDux's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Benjamin Wright
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Musketeer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    As to your first change, I have always been a supporter of players learning to use more of their companions rather than just relying on their favorites, so I am not really in favor of changing back to the days when everyone was just automatically healed for little to no effort. How much farming, and at what level are you doing it, that you are losing most of your crew and cannot afford to heal them via Miracle Mitch?
    Stole the words right out of me! While my preference lies with the older way, there's nothing wrong with what we have now (Which is why it's marked as an opinion).

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord." Psalm 119:1

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealDux For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (01-26-2020),Willowdreamer (01-17-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by RealDux View Post
    Stole the words right out of me! While my preference lies with the older way, there's nothing wrong with what we have now (Which is why it's marked as an opinion).
    Thank you for sharing your opinion. Without opinions, we wouldn't have any interesting conversations. There isn't too much to talk about, what with the Kingsisle team focusing yet again on Wizard101's Beastmoon Hunt event and PAXSouth.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (01-18-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (01-26-2020),Kingurz (01-19-2020)

luvs2sleepalot is offline Deck Swabber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I disagree. I like the old way of reviving crew at the fountains. For those of us who would like variety in their crew - there is the random feature. I have used this at times when all my crew is maxed in order to review who is best. However, when you are farming or even questing, you may be trying to have your crew brawl or sail or whatever in order to level. If the purpose of farming is to get gold, running to Miracle Mitch seems a little counterproductive.

Then there also are the dungeons that you may want to assist "younger" pirates and you need your go to crew to protect and assist. Sometimes it is best to have the best.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvs2sleepalot For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (01-20-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (01-26-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
    I disagree. I like the old way of reviving crew at the fountains. For those of us who would like variety in their crew - there is the random feature. I have used this at times when all my crew is maxed in order to review who is best. However, when you are farming or even questing, you may be trying to have your crew brawl or sail or whatever in order to level. If the purpose of farming is to get gold, running to Miracle Mitch seems a little counterproductive.

Then there also are the dungeons that you may want to assist "younger" pirates and you need your go to crew to protect and assist. Sometimes it is best to have the best.

For me, farming is an activity that can get extremely repetitive, so using a randomized crew actually makes it more tolerable. The same is true when helping a younger pirate. Many times they have fallen into the trap of using their companions "In Order" and only see the same team over and over as they quest. When they see some of my lesser-known companions, I am often asked how to get them, which leads to a discussion of companions and their pros/cons.

As I asked - where are you farming that your best companions repeatedly end up on Bed Rest? If they are continually being defeated, then they may NOT be the best team for that battle. Captain Hande is one example of a place where I occasionally farm until everyone with bad luck gets Orders as they end up on Bed Rest. Then I know to take a break and work on another pirate while they heal up.

In the end, considering the new thinking at Kingsisle about the FTUD - the game needs to be easier - you may find more supporters on the development team now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (01-22-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (01-26-2020)