Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Wintertime Fireside Tales Contest

Greetings pirates!

Welcome to another creative story writing contest.

Grab your cocoa, add a few marshmallows and be prepared to feel warm and cozy while creating your very own short story! ...or simply enjoy reading the fantastic entries. Afterall, Central has some of the most creative minds in the Spiral!

Rules
    • 1 entry per person
    • Edits can only be made to fix grammatical mistakes or to fix formatting.
    • Entries should be unique and not copied from another entry.
    • Entries should be no longer than 1500 words, but if you happen to go over a tad it won't be held against you.
    • For fun, you may create some sort of picture or graphic that illustrates your story.
    • HAVE FUN!

Theme
    • Any sort of holiday fireside type of story can be told. Happy and heartwarming stories are very welcome, but if you are feeling edgy and want to turn your story into a hauntingly fun holiday story (for example), that would be fantastic!

Prizes
    • 1st Place - 10,000 Crowns + 1 Prince Yulefest Companion
    • 2nd Place - 5,000 Crowns
    • 3rd Place - 2,500 Crowns
    • 4th Place - 1,000 Crowns
    • 5th Place - 1,000 Crowns

This contest will run from 12/28 until 1/4 at 11:59pm central time. If you have any questions about the rules, please contact me via private message or visitor message, and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Happy Holidays!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Bolt (12-28-2019),Cody Nightblade (12-28-2019),Crushcut (12-29-2019),GoldenGuardian (12-30-2019),maple9300 (12-28-2019),monkeycrew (12-28-2019),wizy613 (01-05-2020)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

Re: Wintertime Fireside Tales Contest

an old christmas memory

The words echoed in his head.

We don’t realize what we have until it’s gone.

The captain leaned against the ship railing that overlooked the night blue Polarian skies, drink in hand. A beautiful sight to behold, flurries of snow blanketed the skyway, falling into the unknown.

For Christmas Eve, the skyway remained quite busy. Ships sailed along the windlanes, carrying shipments of food, presents, people going home to see their families, and other fellow pirates drinking the night away.

It was the most festive time of the year, but he could never bring himself to be happy.

The captain looked up, and like dazzling jewels, saw stars that dotted the night sky. He was again reminded of fragmented memories of the past.

He hung his head and closed his eyes.

The snow fell outside his window...it was Christmas night.

“...he’d eaten the entire shipment of pickled herring!”

A young child laughed himself silly.

“...that’s enough storytime for tonight. Time to go to sleep, you little rascal!”

He nuzzled into his pillow, and above him was the skylight decorated with what looked like stars—other worlds that lingered in the distance. The scene never failed to mesmerize him night after night.

“Someday I want to explore the spiral, just like you and dad!”

The two chuckled.

“Maybe when you’re a little older, son.” He ruffled the hair on his little head.

“...we know you’ll do amazing things,” she said, planting a kiss on his forehead.

They tucked him under the covers and sat beside him until he fell asleep.

“Someday, we’ll all be together again…”

Their last words.

“...captain. Captain?”

He snapped back into reality.

Turning his head, it was Bonnie trying to get his attention.

“Ratbeard and the others wanted you to join the yum-drinking contest they’re holding, those darn rascals,” she chuckled. “Captain, are you okay?”

Still in a daze, he thought for a moment.”...yeah, sorry. I was just thinking.” He downed the rest of his drink.

He was always like this during this time of the year. The captain couldn't keep his sorrows to himself forever, she thought, so Bonnie finally asked about it.

“Do you wanna talk about it? I’m here to listen.”

He looked at Bonnie. Her stern, yet worried expression was one that wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“...I remembered my parents...and when they’d always tell me stories of their adventures at night. I always told them how one day I’d explore the spiral with them.”

They both looked towards the skies.

“I wonder what they’d say if they could see you now.”

He chuckled. “They’d probably knock me over the head for being a pirate just like them.”

Bonnie smiled. “I’ll bet that they’d be proud of you, and the kind of person you’ve become.”

His eyes slowly clouded. Reluctantly, he continued. “...sometimes I remember how much I miss them. I never thought those days would end just like that.”

There was nothing she could say. Remaining silent, she listened on.

“...I also remembered their last words. I wish...I wish I could’ve done something for them—

He grit his teeth. He was their captain; he couldn’t show weakness.

He couldn’t cry here.

Bonnie looked at him before turning towards the view, a forlorn smile on her face. “You know, it’s alright, your crew’s here for you nowwe’re your family.”

He lowered his head, and with a silent nod, finally let the tears fall.

The clock in the distance struck midnight. She put her hand on his shoulder.

“Merry Christmas, captain.”
    Last edited by maple9300; 02-08-2020 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Formatting/Grammatical Fixes [Some insight on how our pirates feel about losing their parents.]
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (01-09-2020)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

It was the holidays once again in Skull Island and the spiral. However, for Wolf, he wasn't quite feeling that jovial emotion this year. Whatever it was, he hadn't spilled to his companions, not even to Subodai, his firstmate.
    Subodai had noticed this, but hadn't quite figured it out yet. He himself had been quite bored lately as well, with not very many adventures to go on since their journey through Calabria Skyway. He had to come up with something to make his moping captain happy through the winter time of year.
    He gathered everyone together - Ethan, Duck, Buffalo Bill, Bonnie Anne, everybody. He explained, "The captain has been so down lately. I want to do something to make him happy."
    Bonnie Anne piped up and asked the horse, "What gave you the idea? The captain is in his usual mood as always."
    "No," Subodai replied, "there's something... different."
    "I agree," Duck Holliday said, "he was merciful enough to koff let me onto this crew, I say we do something during the holiday time for him."
    Meanwhile, Wolf was in his cabin, alone with his thoughts, until Subodai quietly came in and asked, "Captain, has there been anything wrong with us lately?"
    Wolf perked up and said, "No, not you guys. I'm just bored out of my mind. We've been sitting here with nothing to do for ages. Sorry if it seems that way. I just don't know what to do."
    "It's alright, Captain," Subodai replied, "maybe we will get a job soon."
    -----
    That evening Subodai was with the crew trying to come up with a holiday celebration. They were docked at Skull Island, planning, not coming up with anything big that would please their captain.
    Meanwhile, Wolf was on the island, looking around, trying to come up with something of his own to atone for his attitude dampening the festivities of the season. He noticed a giant present near the entrance to the docks. How in the world could something like that just pop up there? He thought. He was intrigued, a jolt of excitement went through him. He didn't want to check it out just yet; he hadn't called his crew. What if something bad was waiting for him in there? He couldn't fend it off at all without them.
    He walked around some more. He checked out the decorations, how everyone around him was happy - they all had something to do. And he should too.
    That evening, he went back in to his ship and took his crew in for a meeting. He said,
    "Guys, I know I've been worrying you, but tomorrow I have something to give to you. It's something new, you'll love it."
    The next day, he took them to the same big present. A new challenge awaited them.
    Last edited by monkeycrew; 01-05-2020 at 02:03 AM. Reason: first line was a placeholder on wattpad

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

The Quest for Firewood
    So I wrote a story at 3am with severe jetlag and this was the outcome:

Lord Kane, grand admiral of the Valencian Armada. A cold and calculated machine, swift with the blade, void of heart, and the incarnation of evil itself. Lord Kane. The one who is destined to bring forth unimaginable Armageddon.

Under his right hand he commands the mighty battalion of soulless soldiers- the revered Armada- who serve their master with absolute loyalty. The greatest military in the spiral, the mere pawns of the greatest mind in the spiral, a mind whose sole ambition is the attainment of perfection. Also, Lord Kane has nothing to do with this story.

You see, Christmas time in the spiral can get real cold and me and the crew needed some firewood to keep warm. Mooshu has the best firewood so we set course there.

Unfortunately upon arrival, we realized that the Mooshu Trade Federation had set a complete ban on firewood trade after a noticeable reduction in the Treant Population. The Treant Activists were very angry indeed, blossoming with anger rather than sweet cherries. While policy maybe policy, pirating is pirating. However, before we engaged in our usual nefarious schemes, Bonnie Anne offered an alternate solution.

“Aye so like every December this guy called Krampus pops up in skull island captain and I heard he got some mad firewood supplies”, said the orange fox.

“But like yo we need a gold key or something I heard Moo drops them”, said Old Scratch who was also Mr Skeltal. My undead friend was right, we needed a gold key.

“Thanks Mr Skeletal”, I said. Immediately, good bones and calcium rejuvenated my body.

------------------------------------

We defeated moo ONLY 36 times before a gold key dropped! It was an amazing! Only 36 defeats, such good drop rates yo, a true Christmas gift! The crew and I were truly in a serendipitous mood, but bro, we still needed the magnificent firewood.

Once we reached skull island, we entered this really big fat gift dropped in the middle of nowhere, and behold, Krampus awaited us.

“So like, you been naughty or nice, or are you just here to collect the 100 badge defeat badge”, said Krampus. Obviously he was kind sad.

“Yeah nah mate actually were here to strike a deal with ya. We need some fire wood”, said Ratbeard.

“Ah sorry mate I need me wood to keep warm it’s a bit cold here, but I can send you to me supplier if you want. He has the best wood in the spiral I tell ya”, said Kramps.

“Aye that sounds good to me, how he be looking like??”, said Ratbeard.

“Look for chubby old man with a magnificent white beard and a sack of presents, dressed in red all round”, said Kramps.

Hmm… a chubby old man… a magnificent white beard… presents… dressed in red all round??? Wow! Santa Claus is real, and he has firewood! Once we meet this guy, we will finally finish our quest for firewood, and be warm this Christmas! I must find Santa Claus!

“Where will we find Santa”, I asked?

“You must use the secret spell to find Santa”
    , he replied.

“Secret Spell???”, asked a puzzled Sarah Steele.

“Aye, it’s called temporal incarnation, and I will teach it to you for 1 practice point”, offered Krampus.

Temporal Incarnation: Press escape to go back to character screen, then press new to make a new pirate. You should meet Santa immediately. After you get the firewood, go to shared bank, and transfer the firewood to your pirate and crew. Then say like YOHOHO! to like delete the new pirate and leave no evidence behind…

“A Genius spell indeed”, I commented. So for the very first time, I used temporal incarnation…

Temporal Incarnation was a powerful experience. I felt the essence of another being, and that being was a… a mere extension of my soul. Yet this new being, it was itself, and it was me and the same time. It had its own mind, its own wishes, its own desires and dreams in the spiral. It had its own stories, tales of adventure and its own precious moments in time. How can I be one, and also be two? I felt as full as infinity and as empty the abyss. How could I destroy this being after my objective had been reached? But like, I needed that firewood.

My new body struggled to open its eyes. Yet as my vision cleared Behold, before me, I saw a chubby old man, fully in red, with the greatest white beard I have ever seen. And beside him, a talking monkey?

“Yohoho, or should I say hohoho!”
    , said the red old man.

Dang it. The conspiracy theorists were correct. Boochbeard is Santa Claus.

“Just give me some wood booch”, I said.

“yeah sure.”

“cool”

And that’s how my quest for firewood ended.
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 01-03-2020 at 06:15 AM. Reason: grammar

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (01-09-2020),monkeycrew (01-03-2020)

Bolt is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Bolt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dead-Eye Jason Grant
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cold

I have been playing Pirate101 ever since its release, along with my twin sister. Although we both stopped playing for some time, in recent months we have picked up this game again! We both created new Level 1 Characters- a Musketeer for her and a Swashbuckler for me. Checking the Wiki twice to be sure we chose the right origins for our Pirates, we entered the game somewhere in the Spiral..

Jump forward a ways, and things are going well! We have excellent Card giving gear, above average stats, and Wind Spirit boosts aplenty. My Galleon is fully equipped for the road ahead with top of the line gear too! The two of us even took the time to complete every single side quest we were able to at the time. But there was just one little impediment in our way- paywalls.

My sister never unlocked Scrimshaw, so our adventure came to an abrupt halt. Since Christmas was approaching, however, I decided to give her a Giftcard!

After some research on the Wiki, I decided to gift her the Empire Bundle. Although the gear itself is not oriented towards Musketeers, everything else is perfect. She had been wanting to save up gold for one of Mr. Trelawny's castles, and was in need of a better ship (To top mine, of course).

To save money, I waited until the 50% Off Bundle sale during the 12 Days of the Spiral. Unfortunately, I discovered that it is impossible to gift items through the sale. So I decided to evoke more of my “Chaotic Good” side, and temporarily swipe my twins laptop from which the Pirate101 website was already logged in. I then bought the Bundle on her account (Or rather, my Mom did), put the laptop back, and prayed to the Supreme Primate that she would not log in and see the gift a week early!

In the end, I am happy to report that my plan went off without a single hitch! Although I was not able to print out a gift certificate from the website, I said in my card for her “Check your Pirate101 giftbox”.
    Needless to say, that day we had a lot of fun exploring/decorating her new house, dueling each other with Nasuica included, and investigating the Gladiator Gear. I spent most of the time savoring my ownership of a superior ship though!

We are yet to undertake the main questline, as the two of us have been bogged down with (fun) things to do this holiday season. Our pirates will definitely continue their journey in the near future though!
    Last edited by Bolt; 01-03-2020 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Formatting did not save when posted, added spacing

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bolt For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (01-09-2020),wizy613 (01-10-2020)

wizy613 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

The Toymaker

The toymaker had always loved this time of year.

The streets were covered in snow, making the world outside seem all the more serene. When the air stilled, jovial conversation carried across the streets, the crunch of footfalls in the blanket making words indistinguishable. Even in the cold, everything seemed somehow warmer than usual. It was as if the entirety of humanity collectively agreed that at the time where the nights were longest, they would be a little bit kinder to each other, friends and strangers alike.

He hummed softly as he busied himself with tidying his shop, a song too old to be played on the radio. Years ago, he suspected he had danced to it at some party or another. But as he swept his broom across the floor, an aching in his joints reminded him how those days were long past.

As he tossed the pine needles and dust out the back door, he heard a gentle jingle notify him that somebody had come in. Returning to the front counter, he saw two young children each holding one of their mother’s hands.

“Now, we’re just here to look,” she said almost chidingly to the two. “If you see something you’d like, you can put it in your letter to Santa.” As she spoke, she let them go. The toymaker smiled as they wandered the shelves with wonder in their eyes at the intricate designs on each model train, doll, and puzzle. The mother looked up, feeling his gaze upon her.

“They seem like lovely children,” he said amiably, his voice gentle and kind. She smiled.

“Some days are easier than others,” she admitted lightly, “but it’s all worth it in the end.” They paused a moment, watching the children play with the toys on display. The woman looked at the toy maker’s almost wistful expression curiously.

“Do you have children?” she asked.

“A daughter,” he replied, a bittersweet smile playing on his lips at the thought of her. “But I was never much of a father at the time.” The mother’s brow furrowed.

“And now?”

“Now, I fear it is too late for me,” he said quietly. “I can’t change the past. All I can do is try to become a better man, if not for her sake then for my own. She deserves a father she can be proud of.” She nodded in understanding.

“You know, I don’t think it’s ever too late to try.” The toymaker shook his head.

“No, never too late to try. It’s why I opened this place. It’s everything I wish I could have given her when she was young. I can’t give it to her, but I can try to make the world a little bit happier in the hopes that it will reach her.”

He ran his hands along the toy on his desk as he spoke, the beginnings of a wooden carving of a soldier. Sawdust brushed onto the floor. The mother placed a hand on his arm.

“I wish I could say that she’ll forgive you for everything that’s happened one day, but not everyone can forgive. But trying to change is the first step. I’d be proud of any father who tries that for his children.” The toymaker smiled, setting down the toy soldier.

“Thank you,” he said softly. “It means a lot to hear that.” There was a pause in the conversation, filled by the laughter of the two young children who had merged their games to create a giant city of blocks.

“Did you ever have to forgive your parents?” he asked the woman. She shrugged.

“I think every child has something they begrudge their parents for, big or small. I have a good relationship with my mother, and I had a good one with my father before he passed.” She paused a moment. “Give it time. What matters is that you’re trying now.” The toymaker nodded, distracted by the children’s game.

“What are their names?” he asked, nodding towards them.

“Sarah and John,” she replied, smiling. The two looked up at their names, and the toy maker waved at them. They skipped over, leaving behind their block city in the midst of a spaceship attack.

“Mommy, look!” said Sarah, gesturing excitedly at the blocks. “We made skyscrapers!”

“Though I suppose we’ll have to build them again,” added John, his tone rather dour for a boy who couldn’t have been more than eight. “On account of the alien invaders and all.”

“Oh, yes,” said their mother seriously, “That does sound like quite the conundrum.”

“Are you suuuure we can’t take them home today?” asked Sarah, her voice filled with longing. “I’m sure Santa would understand!” Her mother shook her head in amusement.

“I told you Sarah, we’re just looking. You can tell Santa that you want the blocks later.” The girl sighed dramatically, but then drug her brother back towards the block city. The mother turned back to the toymaker.

“I was actually going to surprise them with an early present today,” she spoke softly, “But you know how it is… My husbands holiday bonus hasn’t come yet, and so we’re making do until then,” she said, the slimmest note of forced cheer entering her tone. He nodded, frowning thoughtfully as he watched the children play.

“You know,” he said loudly, catching the young architects ears, “I have it on good authority from Santa’s elves that those blocks were made just for Sarah and John.” He had their full attention now. “I was just holding on to them until Christmas, but I’m sure that it would be no trouble to take them now… Save a little room in the sleigh and all that.” He looked at the mother with an air of defiance, daring her to deny the gift.

“Oh no, thank you but I couldn’t possibly…” she shook her head, words failing her. Her children sat with rapt attention on the floor, badly pretending that they weren’t listening in.

“I insist,” said the toymaker, already reaching for a box under the counter. “I was going to wait and have Santa pick it up, but they’ve clearly been good all year! What’s a few days early after such a long record of good behavior? Besides,” he added with a wink, “it’s Christmas.”

No longer able to contain themselves, Sarah and John went to their mother’s side. “Can’t we take them now, Mommy?” pleaded Sarah. “We won’t have time to finish our game today…”

The toymaker looked expectantly at the mother, the parcel box open on his desk. She shook her head again in disbelief.

“Sarah, John, this is a very nice set of toys…” The toymaker interrupted before she could properly deny the gift.

“Perfect for such good children to have.” He turned to the children. “Gather up the blocks and neatly stack them in here, alright?” They nodded eagerly and began to disassemble their city.

“You’re very kind, but I can’t accept this. It’s too much. Why, I don’t even know your name!” The toymaker laughed.

“It’s Harold, so now you know it, so now you have to accept it. It’s rude to deny a gift you know.” The mother laughed, flummoxed.

“Thank you, then. Truly.” Harold chuckled too.

“You’re very welcome…” he faltered as he searched for a name.

“Carol,” she supplied.

“Then you’re welcome, Carol.”

Minutes later, the package was tied up with a curly red ribbon and grasped by four eager hands. Thank you, Carol mouthed one final time, bustling the two children out of the shop.

The toymaker smiled, watching them leave footprints in the snow.

The past, he had learned, was what it was.

Today, however, was anyone’s to make.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wizy613 For This Useful Post:

Bolt (01-05-2020),Celestialmoon (01-09-2020)

Crushcut is offline Navigator

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Merry "Cursemas," Skull Island

Twas a quiet and snowy evening. Much time has passed since the supposed defeat of Kane, leader of the Armada. Despite Avery's and the crew's glee and joy, Captain Scott Jenkins does not feel the same way. An old man, a new ally, has sacrificed his life to protect him and his crew to stop the former's creation and there's no certainty the guinea pigs of Valencia are free from enslavement. Rival pirate crews still roam the skies, taking all fame and fortune the Armada left behind, especially Martin Chambers, captain of the Pretender. What if the Scott's parents are still out there? What is there's more to the surface of Kane's supposed defeat? Until Scott figures that out, it won't be long until he comes upon a new threat to the spiral, one that could shake the holidays to their core.

It had become unusually cold in Skull Island. Never in a moment's time did any resident ever receive such low temperatures. As snow covered the ground, children come out to play with joy in their eyes. For the adults, they grew concerned with fear, to which their hunch is correct. From Avery's Court, Vadima peers into her crystal ball. All the staff of the Court, including Captain Avery, himself, gather around her, as she chants a foreign language to summon the spirits of Christmas past, present, and future for this winter phenomenon. After a moment of silence, she speaks,

"The time of reckoning shall arrive. This snowfall is only the beginning. An ominous force worse than the fate of Ebeneezer Scrooge has descended upon Skull Island, with the rest of the Spiral to follow. Tis a force we know, yet many underestimate. How he can be stopped? I do not know, as there are more questions than answers."

Vadima and the staff fell into silence, growing even more concerned of the witchdoctor's message of the holiday spirits. In the corner of the door to Vadima's sanctum was Captain Scott, poised and curious. Growing ever more curious, Scott heeded Vadima's words and ran off. His gut feeling knew something is up. Heading to Kraken Skulls tavern, Scott gathered his crew and held a meeting. With the elimination of Black Annie and Blightbeard arrives a new threat this Christmas. Something sinister, something deadlier in the shadows. Bonnie, Ratbeard, and Toro agreed to a recon mission and investigate the cause of winter on Skull Island.

Every year, a giant present is around at the base of town. Every year, a few crews of pirates would go inside and fight the dreaded Krampus. This year, the giant present is not where it should be. That is definitely the second sign of trouble alongside the snow. Perhaps the dungeon was relocated? Scott and his crew nodded their heads in agreement. Just as Scott was about to ponder his next move, a Red Claw crab ran into him panicking as he exclaimed,

"Ye got to help me, Captain! Me whole crew! A few of us are awake, but even Buster Crab's down the count! We can't wake 'em up for our skirmish for hours? Bonnie, Captain, please, I beg ye to help us!"

Scott, Bonnie, and Ratbeard split into groups to investigate the The Red Claw gang appear to be in comatose. It wasn't just that gang either. The Cutthroats have also appeared to be under a similar affliction. Word has spread throughout the whole of Skull Island of all major gang members fallen ill on this very day. Even Frogfather, a trustworthy ally, has become unresponsive. This is now warning sign number three. First sudden snow, the disappearance of Krampus's dungeon, and now gang members under some kind of sleeping spell? This seems to be a Christmas curse like no other.

Tradewinds Skyway. That's where the investigation is nearing its closure. It appears the Nightmare door at Scrimshaw docks has frozen over, trapped in a structure of ice, preventing any pirates from engaging in leisure sessions of obtaining Obsidian treasure. Additionally, Scrimshaw's structured has started to freeze as well, creating pillars of ice amongst the giant bones and buildings. Suddenly, Scott received a report from Toro. The former received a message in a Yum Bottle, via Skarakeet. The piece of paper states,

"Capitan, what I see here... this is no good. I require you to rendezvous with me, to the Scurvy Dog hideout. The dogs, they are missing, and so is their leader! The water is as frozen as ice, and a giant present is upon this ancient temple! Meet me here ASAP, we have work to do."

Scott, Bonnie Anne, and Ratbeard quickly met up with Toro at the Scurvy Dog hideout. Sure enough, the island is covered with snow to the ankles, with the sunken ship and its lake frozen over. Except for the chilling atmosphere, dark cloudy skies and lack of dogs, the island looks like a beautiful winter wonderland. The giant temple that overlooks the whole hideout is also frozen over, with no visible opening to break into. Atop the frozen temple is the missing giant present. It seems that Krampus has found a new home, so has he evolved and adapted? At the edge of the isle is an entrance, which leads into the rarely explored "Temple of Death." Without hesitation, Captain Scott and his crew ventured into the nearby ancient stone doorway to reach the end of their investigation.

As if the entirety of Skull Island was not cold enough, the temperature in the "Temple of Death" is freezing enough to store the deceased. Due to the frigid temperature, the torches of the caverns are dark. With some magic, Old Scratch created a torch. As per his predictions, he mutters,

"Captain my Captain, there be the darkest and coldest mojo here. I and I sense the greatest dangers ahead. Tis best we turn back, but I and I follow ye to the ends of this journey if ye dare continue on."

Scott decides to venture forward. Given the stakes at hand, Scott and crew decided not to split up this time. At one end of the hall, a crack in the wall revealed a new hallway, a hallway no pirate has journeyed into before. Taking a risk into danger, Scott, Bonnie, Ratbeard, Old Scratch, Toro, and everyone else charged ahead into the darkness.

When Scott came to be, he slowly opened his eyes. He found himself on the ground, frozen solid, unable to move. Besides him are all the unconscious members of his crew. Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Old Scratch, Toro, everyone. They, too, are all paralyzed on the ground in the freezing, deathly cold. Suddenly in the corner of Scott's eye, he sees Captain Dan, barely moving, who points. Scott looked at where the Scurvy Dog captain is pointing. Surrounding them are the visible bodies of all the Obsidian Nightmare bosses, with Krampus leading the fray. With one stab of the bell staff at the captain's head, Krampus bellows out a loud laugh and said,

"Please, captain. Do have a nice nap. I have simply evolved for me and my fellow Nightmare friends to begin our reign of the Spiral. Your island shall serve as a perfect testing ground for our conquest of all you ruffians. Pirates have no room in our perfect world, and all of you shall meet your end for this journey, in misery. May you rest well as we dominate the entire Spiral."

As Krampus and his league of Nightmares exit the chamber, Scott passes out as he hears Krampus's voice echoes through the dark hallway,
    "Winter is coming, fleshling. The holy nights shall end with my reckoning. Have a nice night."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

***WINNERS***

1st Place - Maple9300
    2nd Place - Wizy613
    3rd Place - GoldenGuardian
    4th Place - Crushcut
    5th Place - Mokeycrew

Honorable Mention - Bolt (for sharing a warm story of caring and giving among family)

Congrats to all our winners! Prizes will be sent to you via PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Bolt (01-11-2020),Crushcut (01-11-2020),GoldenGuardian (01-11-2020),wizy613 (01-11-2020)

Bolt is offline Land Lubber

• Bolt's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dead-Eye Jason Grant
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Mooshu Skiff
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cold

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialmoon View Post
    Honorable Mention - Bolt (for sharing a warm story of caring and giving among family)
    Congratulations to the winners! And thank you for the honorable mention prize. Before I redeem it though, what is it? A Pack? Crowns? A Leg Lamp? Whatever it is, I am very grateful!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bolt For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (01-11-2020),GoldenGuardian (01-11-2020)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Thank you!!! Golden Guardian's story beat everybody imo.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

20. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

GoldenGuardian (01-11-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast