Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
       Varys is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: The lack of updates is a serious issue

Beyond complaining, I do think that we should also discuss attempting to preserve this game past its inevitable closing. Has any such effort been performed? I know the Wizard101 side of the community has some very forward-thinking individuals who have probably done what they can to mirror most of that game's content in a client that isn't tied to KI's servers, but as such a thing been done for Pirate101?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Varys For This Useful Post:

axel125 (02-17-2020),Crushcut (02-15-2020),FearlessGriffinD (02-18-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-17-2020),monkeycrew (02-14-2020),Willowdreamer (02-14-2020)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Varys View Post
    Beyond complaining, I do think that we should also discuss attempting to preserve this game past its inevitable closing. Has any such effort been performed? I know the Wizard101 side of the community has some very forward-thinking individuals who have probably done what they can to mirror most of that game's content in a client that isn't tied to KI's servers, but as such a thing been done for Pirate101?
    I believe the subject has come up before, but I don't recall if anyone had the capability of doing what you describe.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-15-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-17-2020)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

It's possible since it's stupidly easy to find and extract the game's files.

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-15-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-17-2020),Willowdreamer (02-14-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Wizard101 is huge compared to pirate101 in main not including side content. It not the same if you can't quest with others and the main story isn't truely complete. The problem is both games are dramatically slowing down and if ki doesn't add life to a young game soon they will have issues funding updates for either game as they had this problem before and they focus most of there time to wizard101. It obvious that wizard101 is not enough to keep the company at a level that promotes adding more story content for a regular basis. Pirate101 can add new life to this company as this game is virtually untouch and hasn't tapped out it potential. But the longer this goes on another company will do what ki failed to do and then it be to late for kingsisle.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-15-2020),FearlessGriffinD (02-18-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-17-2020),Rrrrzzzz419 (02-16-2020),Willowdreamer (02-14-2020)

sarcasticjoseph is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    Pirate101 can add new life to this company as this game is virtually untouch and hasn't tapped out it potential. But the longer this goes on another company will do what ki failed to do and then it be to late for kingsisle.
    I'd just like to say, last i checked kingsisle owns wizard101 and pirate101. So another company can't just take pirate101 if that's what you are saying. Not only that, (correct me if i'm wrong) if kingsisle did what people say and "sell pirate101" the issue comes in with the simple fact that no one is gonna invest into a game that's already dead. That takes allot of work, and i just don't see pirate101 getting that kind of attention from any company. It'd be so much easier to just start a game from scratch. Rebuilding a games reputation is something i've pure and simply never seen happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I agree - Kingsisle knows what everyone wants. They may say they aren't abandoning new content for Pirate101, but for many players it feels like that is EXACTLY what has happened. New content such as the single update in 2019? Two difficult dungeons with some reskinned enemies/companions for max level wizards, and a bugged new pack that was really created to release in Wizard101 but "shared" with Pirate101 because it was pirate-oriented
    The newish packs i am not sure about. Haven't invested in them or really looked at what people said about them. As for the reskins. They were just meant to keep pirates on their toes while they wait. That and if you haven't noticed, kingsisle updates at least once every year. No matter how bad it may be. So they probably just ran out of ideas and figured the reskins would be a great thing for the time being. Gonna stray off topic a bit here. Kingsisle is suppose to be a noob friendly company, in the sense that they "want all their games playable by new players" (so they say) but they never (at least for pirate101) actually test the fights. If they did test the fights like they claimed in that 1 live stream, they'd know the newish obsidians are really not noob friendly. I legit saw someone begging in avery court for an hour for help when he had a team, but his team couldn't handle the new bosses. Which i can completely understand. I been playing this game for almost 6 years. I've had no troubles soloing a boss before annie. I legit got one bad team and we barely won because when only 1 person that's experienced with pve is carrying 3 new maxes (that are bad) your odds really aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    can we admit that wizards got better pack contents?
    In what context? If we're talking quanity? yes there's way more packs in wiz then pirate101. I agree entirely. If we are talking Quality? No. Wizard101 has some bad packs. Everything you can get out of a wizard pack you can pretty much farm for and it's much better. Packs in wizard101 are just a quick cash grab. They have no useful purpose. The only useful pack i can see has to be certain packs that drop cards, but they aren't needed or required. Just nice to have. Aside from that packs are only truly good if it has something you want to collect.

I disagree with...
    inevitable closing.
    I get pirate101 has been dying for awhile now, but i don't think it's gonna close anytime soon. Like the way you phrased that came off to me like you don't think it'll last very long. Which i can understand, i just disagree. If i read to deep into that, feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    It's possible since it's stupidly easy to find and extract the game's files.
    I'd like to say what i said earlier. I do not think anyone can just take pirate101. According to my understanding kingsisle owns pirate101 and therefore any replicas will be considered A copyright of sort? Someone said "not if you don't make money off of it" but how will you plan to update the game if you can't make money on it, is it not expensive to make/update a game? Plus don't you have to have a bunch of different people helping you which costs money? Like i don't see how anyone can work on a copy of pirate101 themselves for completely free. I get you never said update, but what's the point in copying a game everyone's quitting?

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sarcasticjoseph For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (02-14-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticjoseph View Post
    I'd just like to say, last i checked kingsisle owns wizard101 and pirate101. So another company can't just take pirate101 if that's what you are saying. Not only that, (correct me if i'm wrong) if kingsisle did what people say and "sell pirate101" the issue comes in with the simple fact that no one is gonna invest into a game that's already dead. That takes allot of work, and i just don't see pirate101 getting that kind of attention from any company. It'd be so much easier to just start a game from scratch. Rebuilding a games reputation is something i've pure and simply never seen happen.

I'd like to say what i said earlier. I do not think anyone can just take pirate101. According to my understanding kingsisle owns pirate101 and therefore any replicas will be considered A copyright of sort? Someone said "not if you don't make money off of it" but how will you plan to update the game if you can't make money on it, is it not expensive to make/update a game? Plus don't you have to have a bunch of different people helping you which costs money? Like i don't see how anyone can work on a copy of pirate101 themselves for completely free. I get you never said update, but what's the point in copying a game everyone's quitting?
    Elder scrolls and other companies have made money off of unfixed pvp issues in wizard101 going as far as putting it directly in it advertisement. When toontown and some other games closed again many of there fan bases come over to kingsisle games. If kingsisle can't hold the market in kid friendly pirate games someone else can make there own version. It not about getting the game itself vs having similar contents where it kid friendly but give same sense of danger and adventure of being a pirate.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-17-2020),FearlessGriffinD (02-18-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-17-2020),Willowdreamer (02-16-2020)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasticjoseph View Post
    Yes, KingsIsle does in fact own Pirate101 and Wizard101, and attempting to "sell" it or "invest" in it won't be much of a return-on investment for anyone. However, if you are familiar with the games Club Penguin, Pixie Hollow Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and Toontown Online, all of those games were games that had closed and some fans had figured out a way to, for free (so they won't get in any legal "muddy waters," so to speak, with the owners of these games), recreate the games. POTCO is a launcher game, so there is hope that someone might be able to recreate Pirate101. As long as there is no membership, the legal aspect is covered, and you don't have to "buy" it from KingsIsle or attempt to "invest" in it.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

axel125 (02-17-2020),Cody Nightblade (03-07-2020),FearlessGriffinD (02-18-2020),luvs2sleepalot (02-17-2020),Rrrrzzzz419 (02-17-2020),sarcasticjoseph (02-17-2020),Stephanie (03-07-2020),Willowdreamer (02-17-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Yes, KingsIsle does in fact own Pirate101 and Wizard101, and attempting to "sell" it or "invest" in it won't be much of a return-on investment for anyone. However, if you are familiar with the games Club Penguin, Pixie Hollow Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and Toontown Online, all of those games were games that had closed and some fans had figured out a way to, for free (so they won't get in any legal "muddy waters," so to speak, with the owners of these games), recreate the games. POTCO is a launcher game, so there is hope that someone might be able to recreate Pirate101. As long as there is no membership, the legal aspect is covered, and you don't have to "buy" it from KingsIsle or attempt to "invest" in it.
    I think kingislse making mobile game at this point to find quick money to support the fact wizard101 only focus was a financial mistake. They now need the revenue to keep the company itself afloat as they been having massive lay offs. To dev content for either game is now almost out there budget now it appears there pushing mobile games in quantity vs quality as they figured each mobile game = so much money per month. Because the games they have launched already don't get updated anymore which means there not getting the money worth the updates. The only way kingsisle can save the company is by saving Pirate101 to bring back a sizable pirate101 update to bring back there subscribers. Subscriptions make the money just ask magazine companies.

But personally i think they should focus rise and destroy as it could be a another MMO if done right and sell some of there failed games to other gaming companies.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-26-2020),Willowdreamer (02-26-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12