PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

Cool Companions Writing Contest

Welcome pirates, once again, to another fun creative writing contest. This time, in honor of February and friendship, we will be sharing stories of adventures with our friends and companions throughout the spiral.

Rules

• All stories should be about your adventures and conquests with either friends or your favorite companions as you travel through the spiral and explore.
    • Entries should have a screen shot photo of your pirate and your pirate friend(s) or your companions attached for an extra added touch. Be sure to say CHEESE!!
    • Entries should be no more than about 1500 words.
    • Each participant is allowed only 1 entry.
    • Edits can not be done on entires unless they are to fix grammatical errors or formatting.
    • This contest will run from 2/16 - 2/23 at 11:59pm Central time.

Prizes

• 1st Place - 10k crowns + Choice of Friendship Jaguar or Care Hare Mount
    • 2nd Place - 5k crowns + Mount that is not picked by the first place winner
    • 3rd Place - 2.5k crowns + Friendship Grouper Pet
    • 4th Place - 1k crowns + Friendship Grouper Pet

Message me with any questions, and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Good luck to all participants!
    Last edited by Celestialmoon; 02-16-2020 at 04:23 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (02-16-2020),FearlessGriffinD (02-18-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-16-2020),LuckyDuck (02-18-2020),sarcasticjoseph (02-16-2020)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Re: Cool Companions Writing Contest

(Thanks so much for this epic contest, @Celestialmoon! )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aurora and Ratbeard.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	76359

It was a cold, brisk night. The moon shone down on the gallant ship, Elusive Enigma, as the sails flapped violently and the hull creaked loudly. For such a massive ship, a creaking in the hull would usually be a bad sign - but in this gale, even the strongest of ships would moan her loud objections for all crewmen to hear.

"Do we make port now, Cap'n?" cried a paranoid Ratbeard. "I see an island up ahead."

"You must trust the capitan," El Toro responded back, putting a furry hand on Ratbeard's shoulder. "She knows what she is doing. I hope."

"Well, El Capitan is gonna get us all killed!" Ratbeard retorted. "Sailin' anymore in this blasted squall's gonna send us down ta the Locker, an' I sure didn't sign up for a watery grave!"

"Oh, you didn't?" Toro replied. "What a shame. You should never have signed the contract."

"Wha' contract?"

"Don't you know? The crew contract that says, 'Joining Helpful Aurora Parker's crew may end in disaster, misfortune, and quite possibly death. Signing here will ensure you shall not and will not rise up out of your inevitable grave and sue Captain Parker for liability of your unfortunate and perhaps untimely end.'"

"HA! Tha's not wha' the contract says," Ratbeard muttered with a laugh.

"Actually, yes, it is," affirmed Nausica, the captain's trusty Centaur. "I memorized the contract."

"Well then, it's such a shame you cannot read." El Toro smiled at Ratbeard.

Ratbeard snarled, muttered an insult, and drew out his large, rusty broadsword. El Toro's smile grew into a grin as he drew out his fencing sword.

Trying to occupy herself while El Toro and Ratbeard were fighting, Nausica mused, "I wonder if the captain will change course before we die miserably..."

At the captain's wheel stood a determined young girl, her emerald eyes fixated on the distance. She could easily see what was up ahead, for the sails were flapping to the left so much that she could see a clear view of the dark horizon between the fluttering sails and the strong mast. Although her crew was paranoid, she stood confidently, eyes gleaming and black hair flapping violently. To put it simply, she was enjoying this.

But the rest of her quarreling crew were not.

"Aurora!" exclaimed the annoyed and slightly worried voice of Bonnie Anne, who was on the port side of the ship, staying as far away from Ratbeard and El Toro as possible. "I mean Captain Parker." She gave a small sigh. "Did ye hear what Ra'beard asked? Do we make port now or not? I'm afraid if we keep sailing, this storm'll do us in!"

The young captain by the name of Helpful Aurora Parker smirked at her paranoid crewmate. "We can make it. Plus, there's no rain or thunder, so it's not a storm, per se. It's just a little wind--" She was immediately cut off by her tricorne being blown off her head. Her eyes widened as she saw her hat flying to and fro around the ship.

"Can someone please catch my hat?" Aurora exclaimed. She would retrieve it herself, but she had to stay at the captain's wheel to reset the direction of the ship if needed. It was like two captains were competing for control of the ship: One captain being Aurora Parker, and the other being the ferocious tempest. It seemed the tempest was winning.

"On it!" chirped Sarah Steele as she slid off the mast where she was previously perched, and onto the deck. She ran around like a maniac, jumping up and down in a desperate attempt to catch Aurora's hat.

Nausica reared up on her hind hooves, her spear in the air with determination. She galloped around the ship, but when the hat flew to a higher elevation, her hooves slipped on the wet stairs and she toppled over. Confound it, she thought to herself as she helplessly watched the hat fly around.

"I've got this," Contessa Argento said with a smirk. Any Unicorn Conspirator knows the importance of a hat (especially a captain's hat), and Contessa was no exception. She trotted up the stairs and jumped endlessly, almost catching the tricorne... But it was just out of her reach.

Parker's maniac Crab Hermit (who had a name, but everyone just called him "Hermie") just stood there staring at the hat when he simply could have reached up to grab it.

Bonnie Anne tried aiming her musket at the hat in an attempt to make the hat heavier for one second with the lead of the musket's bullet, but after receiving a desperate "BONNIE, NO!" from Parker, she decided not to use that tactic.

And then there was the crazed Monquistador who had recently learned new piratical terms, so he just stared at the hat yelling which side of the ship it was flying near.

"Starboard! Aft! Port! Bow! Aft again! In my face-- Oof."

Ratbeard, who had now come to his senses, tackled the Monquistador, and, in turn, pinned the hat. But when he started to release the Monquistador, he released the hat too. Right before it could fly away, however, Ratbeard grabbed onto it with his claws, thus making three small holes in the hat. But the holes grew larger and larger... And he knew it would fly away soon enough. He desperately needed help, and no one was around to grab the hat. Sarah was still running around the deck like a maniac, Nausica was still on the ground, Contessa was still jumping around on the elevated part of the aft of the ship, Hermie was still watching the hat very intensely, Bonnie was still aiming her musket around the ship, and worst of all, the Crazed Monquistador had gone back to repeatedly yelling, "Port! Port! Port!" as the hat desperately tried to escape Ratbeard's grip.

El Toro sighed in annoyance. He knew he'd have to work together with Ratbeard, but was dreading it. He unclipped his whip and cracked it, letting it lasso the hat in Ratbeard's hand and bring it back to Toro. As it reeled back, he quickly grabbed the tricorne and tried running up the stairs, but his bull hooves, like Nausica's horse hooves, wouldn't let him ascend the slippery wooden planks, and he fell. The hat, as if it had a personality of its own, immediately made its quick and grand escape - but it wasn't grand enough, apparently. It had flown to the other side of the ship, and Ratbeard, once again, swiftly caught it. He held it to his chest and ran like a crazy person - er, Rat - to the Captain.

"'Ere's-" He gasped for air; "Your-" Another gasp; "Hat-" Another gasp; "Cap'n." He wheezed.

Aurora grinned, taking the hat from Ratbeard and holding it in place so it wouldn't fly off again. "Thanks, Ratbeard! Didn't someone else help out, though?"

"Er... Well..." Ratbeard sighed in dismay. "Aye, Toro lassoed it into place."

Aurora nodded. "That's what it looked like. Did you thank him yet?"

"Thank 'im? 'E should be thankin' me!" Ratbeard exclaimed.

"Right, but there's a little more to teamwork than that," Aurora explained with a wink.

Just that instant, El Toro finally arrived at the captain's wheel. He had to carefully ascend the stairs without slipping, and had finally succeeded.

Aurora cocked an eyebrow at Ratbeard. "So?"

He sighed. "Arrgh... THANK ye already."

Toro smirked his signature, dashing smirk. "De nada. Does this mean we are friends now?"

After a long pause, a long moment of thought, of acceptance, Ratbeard met Toro's gaze and said...

"O' course not!"

Aurora facepalmed. Friendship Test #37: failed. She sighed. At least they understand teamwork now, though. I think.
    Last edited by HelpfulAuroraParker; 02-16-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: adding in the requested picture

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (02-25-2020),FearlessGriffinD (02-18-2020),LuckyDuck (02-18-2020),MiniMokona (02-16-2020),sarcasticjoseph (02-16-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Bumping this awesome competition thread! Anyone else wanna compete?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (02-21-2020)

monkeycrew is online now Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by HelpfulAuroraParker View Post
    Bumping this awesome competition thread! Anyone else wanna compete?

Working on it... ;P

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-23-2020)

monkeycrew is online now Lookout

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

Here is a short passage of a little love story between Wolf and a mysterious Skull Island girl. It's based off of that girl npc you can see running around Skull Island.

It was a perfect day for Wolf and his crew in Skull Island. Valentine's Day was just around the corner, a holiday Wolf both dreaded and was intrigued by. He had never had a successful date - ever - in his life, and stopped trying a long time ago.That is, until he laid his eyes on a certain girl in the pirate town. She was a commoner, always wearing pink and purple with her brown hair always tied in a ponytail. He thought she was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.
    Subodai noticed his lovestruck captain and said to him, "Captain, you should go talk to her."
    "What? No!" Wolf said to the horse, "I'm not going up to a girl just to get rejected again."
    "Just go talk to her!"
    Next thing he knew, Wolf was standing right in front of this mysterious girl, silently cursing his crew. It was just as he had seen her.
    "Sorry, miss, my crew, they're just so-" Wolf began to speak, when the girl suddenly embraced him and gave the pirate a kiss on the cheek.
    "You don't have to say or apologize for anything," the girl said, "I know we've always liked each other."
    Both Wolf and Subodai stood there speechless.
    "Your pigtails today are beautiful," Wolf stammered to say.
    "You're as handsome as they come yourself. But I have to go now. Maybe we will see each other again?"
    "I promise. For you."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 2020-02-23 12-09-30-250.jpg  

Black Wolf Bowman Level 70/Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 70/Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 70/Loyal Zane Bowman Level 70/India Bowman Level 70/Able Anna Urswick Level 70

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

Celestialmoon (02-25-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (02-23-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Red face Re: Cool Companions Writing Contest

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycrew View Post
    Here is a short passage of a little love story between Wolf and a mysterious Skull Island girl. It's based off of that girl npc you can see running around Skull Island.
    Aww! How sweet. I love the idea of the girl NPC, since she's not talked about very often. What a touching story!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (02-23-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cheeky

The competition may have been thin, but the talent was not anywhere near lacking!

Congrats to HelpfulAuroraParker on winning first place and monkeycrew for coming in second. Thanks for you guys' great stories! Everyone should take a moment and read them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celestialmoon For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (02-29-2020)