My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Contest Feedback

Ahoy Pirates!

Our most recent round of contests were kind of low on participation. We know that the community is small, there haven't been any recent updates and there isn't much to talk about, but what are your thoughts about contests? Do you miss them?

What sort of contests would you actually enter? Do you want to put in some effort, or just guess a number?

What kind of prizes would you be looking for? Crowns are always desirable, but what else?

Is there anyone who ONLY logs in to check for contests? How often do you do that?

Thanks for your input on this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-22-2020),GoldenGuardian (04-24-2020)

Shanky0 is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Contest Feedback

Ahoy!

Lack of support and the unfortunate decline of players aside, I love the contests you guys hold from time to time. To be honest, they are probably a big reason I still log back into Pirate101 from time to time. Either because they challenge me to do something ingame or because if I win I normally use the prize to try something new. The latter only doable if I get crowns, which for personal decisions I refuse to buy. That said, Bundles are always a good incentive to try and win a contest and maybe booster packs as well (Some are much preferable than others imo). I don't generally like mounts, but as a low tier prize (5th place or so) they are a welcomed.

As for the types of contests I look forward to, I enjoyed the Crossword Puzzle (X marks the spot I think it was called). I always spend a bit of time in the "guessing a number" types too and I believe are the ones who get the most participants. The Scavanger hunts are also quite entertaining (the only one I've participated was the Doubloon one), since its unique in that they have a bit of urgency and bit more direct competition. Art contests are always apreciated too. In summary, I look forward to a bit of everything to give anyone a community a chance to win something cool.

As for your last question, I check (lurk) these forums regularly for any sort of information regarding the game. In case something is cool is found (Like a shooty weapon using Strength) or for some announcement or news.
    Last edited by Shanky0; 04-21-2020 at 12:44 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shanky0 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-22-2020),GoldenGuardian (04-24-2020),Phenoixblizzard (04-22-2020),Willowdreamer (04-21-2020)

LoyalDevinXavier is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cool

I like guessing the number cause it's simple. Also, why put in effort for a contest if KI won't put effort into their game? Don't waste your time on a contest and put effort into it, guessing the number is good enough.
    If you ever wanna do a 2v2, hit me up B)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoyalDevinXavier For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-22-2020),GoldenGuardian (04-24-2020),Tomas (05-06-2020),Willowdreamer (04-21-2020)

maple9300 is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• maple9300's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  銀のメロディー
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Going Merry
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Procrastinating

In addition to the guessing contests, I do love participating in the writing contests from time to time!
    Amanda Nightingale, 70 Swashbuckler; Sly Emily Kidd, 70 Musketeer; Lucy Everheart, 70 Witchdoctor; ​Charming Adrian, 70 Buccaneer; Clever Irene, 70 Privateer; Silver Melody, 70 Swashbuckler

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maple9300 For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-22-2020),GoldenGuardian (04-24-2020),Willowdreamer (04-21-2020)

Phenoixblizzard is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

I like the number guessing games a lot. Easy to enter. I have entered a couple of writing contests (one for pirate and one for wizard), but I'll only enter them if the topic is something I can do and my idea wasn't taken already. I check here every morning for contests that someone might be running, but it's mostly for any kind of updates on the game that I might've missed somewhere.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phenoixblizzard For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-22-2020),GoldenGuardian (04-24-2020),Tomas (05-06-2020),Willowdreamer (04-22-2020)

LoyalDevinXavier is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cool

My logic is, in contests I've seen, if it's time consuming, people don't really put in the time to do it. so I think just staying simple is fine.
    If you ever wanna do a 2v2, hit me up B)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoyalDevinXavier For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (04-22-2020),Tomas (05-06-2020),Willowdreamer (04-23-2020)

GoldenGuardian is offline Rookie

• GoldenGuardian's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Dread-Admiral Hawkins
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  9-Gear Machine o'War
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Ahoy Pirates!

Our most recent round of contests were kind of low on participation. We know that the community is small, there haven't been any recent updates and there isn't much to talk about, but what are your thoughts about contests? Do you miss them?

What sort of contests would you actually enter? Do you want to put in some effort, or just guess a number?

What kind of prizes would you be looking for? Crowns are always desirable, but what else?

Is there anyone who ONLY logs in to check for contests? How often do you do that?

Thanks for your input on this.

I was one of those people who decided to skip out on the recent contests. Last year I participated a fair bit because I wanted some crowns to buy a couple of things I wanted for my character (panthera, wing mounts, house elixir). I have gotten a fair haul from both central and p101 contests, and I have everything I really need. During this time, I have basically logged on, bought what i wanted, spent 10-15 mins playing with new mount, then logged off until the next contest came.

It is not p101centrals fault for lack of interest in contests, its the games fault. Sure, these contests are actually fun to do and crowns + rewards are nice... but for a useless dying game? What use it is winning stuff when there is nothing to do anymore anyways. There is no fun, there is no life. You can give me infinite crowns and I will still not play.

As others have mentioned, what is the point of putting in effort when the rewards ultimately mean nothing from a company that has forsaken their game.

One more random thing, 30 000 of those crowns I got from contests were basically for free. This was the p101 cabin decorating contest (not run by central, but by KI themselves)- I was the only entry in the "natural cabin" entry, and I won default first place. It shows how interested people are in this game. :/
    Last edited by GoldenGuardian; 04-24-2020 at 12:46 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenGuardian For This Useful Post:

monkeycrew (04-27-2020),Willowdreamer (04-24-2020)