PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Blightbeard Waponi Obeah's Magic Resist....?

Hello.

Some of you probably know, but there is an enemy in Blightbeard's fight that, for some currently unknown reason, takes lots of Magical Damage from ranged / magic attacks, but little-to-no Magical Damage from melee attacks.
    That enemy is the Waponi Obeah you encounter in Blightbeard's fight.

I was curious about what its Magic Resist was, so I went to get an approximation by having a pet use a Pet Power that debuffs Magic Resist by 50%.

Here's a screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2020-05-15 13-17-54-004.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	76422

It says that 50% of its Magic Resist is 402.
    (Ignore the fact that the debuff text is green ー this appears to be a bug. Black Kestrel Screech does debuff Magic Resist properly.)

So, this means that the Waponi Obeah likely has 803 or 804 Magic Resist (assuming it doesn't have any level variants).

This doesn't explain every incoming ranged / magic attack dealing 1854 Magical Damage to it (1854 is the Water Mole's DMG cap).
    However, I think this is a pretty shocking fun fact, so I decided to share it.

Thanks for reading!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

axel125 (05-16-2020),Crushcut (05-18-2020),Kingurz (05-17-2020),maple9300 (05-16-2020),RealDux (05-20-2020),Willowdreamer (05-17-2020)

Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Blightbeard Waponi Obeah's Magic Resist....?

Is anyone else thinking that someone typing in stats made a typographical error and accidentally added a digit?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (05-18-2020),Crushcut (05-18-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Re: Blightbeard Waponi Obeah's Magic Resist....?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    Is anyone else thinking that someone typing in stats made a typographical error and accidentally added a digit?

It could be possible that someone added a digit by accident.
    The Dragoon in that fight has ~147 Armor, so stepping up to a total of ~804 Magic Resist is quite insane, although not entirely unexpected when considering that Obsidian Brass's low-health minions having so much of their main stat are a thing.

If it were actually the case, I'd think it would probably be meant to be ~84 instead of ~804.

On the side note, I did use Sniper Shot with significantly low Weapon Power (less than 50), but the attack still did 1854 Magical Damage to the Water Mole.
    I also tested a melee attack, and the Magic Resist seems to be working as intended for melee attacks.

I now think that it might be some ability exclusive to that specific enemy (where non-melee attacks that deal Magical Damage deal 1854 DMG), although I cannot fathom why they thought of that if that were the case (not to mention that "non-melee attacks that deal Magical Damage" feels oddly specific, and this wouldn't explain Jobu's Kiss healing for 0 HP).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

Willowdreamer (05-19-2020)