Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Sale - Sale - Sale

I'm not sure if anyone needs any of these, but there are actually three new items listed in the Tradewinds Tribune:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sales.png 
Views:	845 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	76423

It's Mega Monday (snack pack sale), Smuggler's Arena is on sale, and the membership/crowns bundle sale begins.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (05-20-2020),Crushcut (05-19-2020),RealDux (05-20-2020)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Re: Sale - Sale - Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone needs any of these, but there are actually three new items? listed in the Tradewinds Tribune:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sales.png 
Views:	845 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	76423

It's Mega Monday (snack pack sale), Smuggler's Arena is on sale, and the membership/crowns bundle sale begins.

Those sales aren't new. They just re-occur at different cycles throughout the year. The Smuggler's Arena has been on sale before for half price. Mega Monday has been happening every other week, and that "One Year Membership" bundle is nothing new as of late.

If you're trying to say that KI putting 3 sales on the same day simultaneously is "new," it's just rather out of typical routine, as the only "news" we ever get is constant reminders that Pirate has occasional sales for us to be interested in before October's patch. So unless you don't purchase often for Pirate101, these offers on Tradewinds Tribune are NOT new at all.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (05-20-2020),Willowdreamer (05-19-2020)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Unfortunately, none of those sales help veteran players (the most neglected player base in Pirate101). Smuggler's Arena has been out for so long and put on sale so many times, most veteran players already have it. If you have already beaten Valencia part 2, there is really no need for membership (especially if you PvP, since none of the PvP rewards changed either) as there hasn't been a reason to access new areas since 2016. While the mega snacks are useful for veterans players, when the ONLY thing I can do in this game is pet training at this point....mega snacks actually decrease the only Pirate101 game play I currently have!

I know it is a broken record, but this game is in desperate need of new content....beyond two fights to last us a whole year.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (05-20-2020),Crushcut (05-19-2020),Phenoixblizzard (05-27-2020),Tomas (05-24-2020),Willowdreamer (05-19-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Crushcut View Post
    If you're trying to say that KI putting 3 sales on the same day simultaneously is "new," it's just rather out of typical routine, as the only "news" we ever get is constant reminders that Pirate has occasional sales for us to be interested in before October's patch. So unless you don't purchase often for Pirate101, these offers on Tradewinds Tribune are NOT new at all.
    Well, I know the sales are not new in any way, but the Tradewinds Tribune isn't updated very often, so yes, the fact that there were three things listed, was unusual. What other comments can be made?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
    Unfortunately, none of those sales help veteran players (the most neglected player base in Pirate101). Smuggler's Arena has been out for so long and put on sale so many times, most veteran players already have it. If you have already beaten Valencia part 2, there is really no need for membership (especially if you PvP, since none of the PvP rewards changed either) as there hasn't been a reason to access new areas since 2016. While the mega snacks are useful for veterans players, when the ONLY thing I can do in this game is pet training at this point....mega snacks actually decrease the only Pirate101 game play I currently have!

I know it is a broken record, but this game is in desperate need of new content....beyond two fights to last us a whole year.
    Agreed, but isn't posting something -- even if it is a retread of old information -- better than not posting at all? There are times I'd rather start a conversation, even if it is just to discuss the same woeful lack.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (05-20-2020),Crushcut (05-19-2020),Kingurz (05-20-2020),Phenoixblizzard (05-27-2020)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Agreed, but isn't posting something -- even if it is a retread of old information -- better than not posting at all? There are times I'd rather start a conversation, even if it is just to discuss the same woeful lack.

Absolutely. Several times I've come to Pirate101Central, there hasn't been ANY updated forum posts (nothing to really talk about). Its almost getting as bad as KI mobile forums (which goes months without any new posts). Providing those sales posts can still help newer players that are playing the game. It is just sad to see the only Pirate news to be nothing but useless sales for veteran players weeks on end.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingurz For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (05-20-2020),Crushcut (05-20-2020),Tomas (05-24-2020),Willowdreamer (05-20-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

What the point of Sales in pirate101 when it clear pirate not getting the benifit of any money it does manage to get. When you follow ki live priate rarely get a mention. So trying to advertise in a game you don't promote is not going to get you memberships. LikeI said before it getting pretty clear kingsisle running out of production revenue. Even wizard101 world updates are slowing down when the last time they made a world expansion like wintertusk? They use to make more world content then they do now. If kingisle want to ramp of production they have to put time money and work to get pirate101 to where it needs to be so they can get more subs. More subs equal more content and option period.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-27-2020),Willowdreamer (05-27-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    What the point of Sales in pirate101 when it clear pirate not getting the benifit of any money it does manage to get. When you follow ki live priate rarely get a mention. So trying to advertise in a game you don't promote is not going to get you memberships. LikeI said before it getting pretty clear kingsisle running out of production revenue. Even wizard101 world updates are slowing down when the last time they made a world expansion like wintertusk? They use to make more world content then they do now. If kingisle want to ramp of production they have to put time money and work to get pirate101 to where it needs to be so they can get more subs. More subs equal more content and option period.
    Kingsisle knows, just as we do, that long term players who have finished the game have no incentive (except for PvP, I guess) to subscribe or continue to buy Crowns, as there is nothing new for them to do. The only point is to entice new players, or current players who haven't maxed all of their pirates, to spend money. The graphics, text and programming for these recurring sales has existed for years, so it doesn't cost Kingsisle anything to queue them up and tweet them. Probably a few people may have found the game and are willing to purchase, so there is a trickle of income. It would actually cost them more to not continue queuing them up.

In Wizard101, they are stuffing the early parts of the game with side content and graphic updates, changing up the UI and confusing players with new icons and shorthand information about new gear set bonuses. Housing gauntlet bundles and packs don't interest me anymore as I've gotten quite overwhelmed with clutter as it is. In a way, my interest in playing Wizard101 has soured due to the neglect for Pirate101 in favor of these strange new projects and marketing strategies.

Writing a new arc for that game may take a while, because the top levels have already saved the Spiral three times and supposedly fought the primal powers of the universe to do so. Wizards have even graduated from Ravenwood and become scions of ancient Bartleby.

What new adventure could they embark upon -- the road to El Dorado?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-27-2020),Tomas (05-27-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

In Wizard101, they are stuffing the early parts of the game with side content and graphic updates, changing up the UI and confusing players with new icons and shorthand information about new gear set bonuses. Housing gauntlet bundles and packs don't interest me anymore as I've gotten quite overwhelmed with clutter as it is. In a way, my interest in playing Wizard101 has soured due to the neglect for Pirate101 in favor of these strange new projects and marketing strategies.

Writing a new arc for that game may take a while, because the top levels have already saved the Spiral three times and supposedly fought the primal powers of the universe to do so. Wizards have even graduated from Ravenwood and become scions of ancient Bartleby.

Yes, I stopped playing Wizard101 because of the fact that there's just too much going on. I know it's good to have new content and new updates but I feel like they're over doing it.

Yet they don't do anything for Pirate101. It really wouldn't hurt if they put some resources over to this game instead. I feel like they're actually doing damage to Wizard101 at this point because they're doing everything and anything possible to the game just as an excuse to have something to do with their time. They really don't need that many people working on one game - it's ruining it, at least for me it has been ruined.

If anything I'm kind of glad they've left Pirate101 alone at this point. I feel like they'd actually make it worse seeing what they're doing to Wizard101.
    I have literally no faith in KI and I hope that if Pirate101 does update it is with a new gaming company otherwise I'll end up sailing out of here too.

Does Wizard101 REALLY need more bundles, crown shop items, packs? How many of the mentioned items does Pirate101 have again?
    Last edited by Tomas; 05-27-2020 at 05:53 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (05-27-2020),Willowdreamer (05-28-2020)