Willowdreamer is offline Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Is anyone still subscribing?

Is anyone who is a member here at Central still subscribing to the game in any way, or have we all gone the way of Crowns purchasing?

Save 50% OFF Your 1st Month Membership!

Get full access to all Pirate101 worlds, bigger backpack space and much more! Now you can start a new Membership with Pirate101 for just $4.95. Save 50% on your first month, and each subsequent month enjoy all Pirate101 has to offer for just $9.95.

Become a Member Now »

If you are still subscribing, will you say why? I'm curious...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (06-01-2020),Crushcut (06-03-2020),LuckyDuck (06-04-2020),monkeycrew (06-02-2020),RealDux (06-03-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Tomas (06-01-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Tired

Re: Is anyone still subscribing?

I've chosen to subscribe to the game several days ago so I could speed-quest my Buccaneer and Witchdoctor to Lv65+. (Surprising how a 6-yr player hasn't finished maxing all classes, huh? lol)
    Oh, and to get items like the Fire Guardian's Medallion and Water Guardian's Staff for their unique Powers.

The subscription will only be for this month.
    Sadly, I don't think there's much else for me to do in-game, as things like pet collection (and PvP in general) do not really interest me.
    The main things I hop onto the game for are getting detailed information for the Powers, since I'll prob. make some sort of information sheet for reference, but aside from that, most of the places I want to farm have already been unlocked with Crowns.

I am interested in getting the order of all Pet Talents, but such a project would take years to accomplish (as I've had on record that Pet Talents can change their order or have varied orders.... >_>), and I would not want to spend more than I am allowed to spend on the game.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cody Nightblade For This Useful Post:

RealDux (06-03-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Tomas (06-01-2020),Willowdreamer (06-02-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I bought the entire game with crowns, so there's no need for me to subscribe.

I also have all maxed Pirates, and all maxed companions and perfect pets and so on...

There's just literally no reason for me to log on. It's not that I don't want to play but there's literally nothing to do - I even collected mostly every badge on most of my pirates.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (06-01-2020),Crushcut (06-03-2020),monkeycrew (06-02-2020),Phenoixblizzard (06-02-2020),RealDux (06-03-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Willowdreamer (06-02-2020)

monkeycrew is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler

• monkeycrew's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Black Wolf Bowman
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Swashbuckler
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  Bison Galleon
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Dreaming

I have all areas bought, all pirates companions and pets maxed, and currently have weak incentives to log on. I haven't in days and don't see a need to when I can do other things.

It's really sad, I wish i could go on but this state makes it pitiful.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to monkeycrew For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-04-2020),Cody Nightblade (06-02-2020),Crushcut (06-03-2020),Phenoixblizzard (06-02-2020),RealDux (06-03-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Tomas (06-02-2020),Willowdreamer (06-02-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Breezy

Post Re: Is anyone still subscribing?

after taking a long break from pirate101 i am back playing again (still have characters to lvl up and whatnot) dunno how frequently kingsisle does these but honestly i will only be playing the game as much as the save 50% OFF your 1st month membership deal from now on, also i have not bought a single area in the game at all and have no intention of doing so mostly because i prefer the perks from being a member (member benefits), to be clear i will still be buying crowns from time to time but it won't be for buying zones.

now don't get me wrong, i would be inclined to spend more on the game as far as the $10 monthly membership goes, but with the state of how infrequently game updates are.. welllll....

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vice42 For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (06-05-2020),Crushcut (06-03-2020),RealDux (06-03-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Willowdreamer (06-03-2020)

Phenoixblizzard is offline Deck Swabber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Bored

I purchased the entire game with crowns on my main account, so a membership isn't really needed. I'd really only think about getting one for my secondary account if I felt like questing on her little pirate, but it's not really needed. I admit I haven't been on in months even though I still have pirates to level up. I might get back into it eventually, I actually miss playing with my pirates sometimes and decorating their houses to a guild theme.

Would be nice if Pirate101 got a housing update like Wizard101 and more housing items to go with it. At least then it would have a tiny little update....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phenoixblizzard For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (06-05-2020),Crushcut (06-03-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Willowdreamer (06-03-2020)

Khione is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Buccaneer

• Khione's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Ruthless Jeremy Quincy
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Buccaneer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  None of yo buisness
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Asleep

I've recently bought a subscription on both my accounts just because my friends were back into the game. I am currently remaking my Swashbuckler (he didn't have any difficult to obtain companions like Baar, armadas, etc) for pvp so thought why not. I would rather give KI like maybe 15-20$ for a single month as it usually only takes me like 1-2 days to max a char and maybe a week or so to farm for gear I desire since I have everything anyway then to buy crowns and buy areas for way more. Sure buying areas would be better if I plan to stay for the long run but even if I were to buy every area I am most likely staying around spar chamber for the most part making it a waste of money for buying those areas anyway.

Pretty much, I will get the most value out of a single month of membership then I would out of buying even specific areas. I think the only area I ever bought was the area in Mooshu which lets me get into Moo Manchu Tower. I was thinking about buying Kane's dungeon for gold farm but to be completely honest you get about the same gold from Moo Tower runs then Kane and it's not worth it. Moo Tower is the only thing I'd recommend buying and just make sure to leave a mark there always or have a friend who has member to run to it for you. I'm not the only one who did this so it's pretty common to ask around as the main 2 marks people sit on for years is Moo Tower and Morphing tent.

Overall I don't see myself continuing this membership after I max my new Buckler and maybe finish off my team pvp privateer that I have unless we get a miracle test realm. Heck even if we got a test realm if it's just a bunch of QOL updates with no real content worth checking out I may just not bother still.

Lvl 65 Witchdoctor Sneaky Jeremy Silver l Musketeer Bloody Jeremy Everhart l SwashBuckler Jeremy Everhart
    Buccaneer Reckless Jeremy Quincy l Privateer ​John Walker

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khione For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (06-05-2020),Crushcut (06-04-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Willowdreamer (06-04-2020)

asdfghjkl4324 is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

I got the entire game just through crowns I got from fan contests, so I never had need to get a subscription.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to asdfghjkl4324 For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (06-05-2020),Crushcut (06-04-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Willowdreamer (06-04-2020)

LoyalDevinXavier is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Cool

Unfortunately, I plan to drop about $300-$500 this summer on the game for crowns, and membership. I did leave the game for about a week and am now returning so that's cool. I feel like all pirates should take some time off, even if it's a little bit of time so they can get their urge to play again. I'm mostly coming back again since I like the turn base style they have with their pvp mechanics, if I wasn't into pvp there's no way I'd still be playing this whole time.
    Probably got more Mike Amiri jeans than Mike Amiri

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoyalDevinXavier For This Useful Post:

Cody Nightblade (06-05-2020),Crushcut (06-05-2020),Phenoixblizzard (06-06-2020),Sheldon (06-16-2020),Willowdreamer (06-06-2020)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

I, too, only do the first month membership. I don't require to dedicate anymore time and money lest I get rewarded crowns from giveaways that I spend on discounted packs, gear, companions, and second chance chests (most attempts which have been unsuccessful for Tower of Moo Manchu and Kane). I don't get into PvP either, and I have already paid for the main farming spots of the game, primarily Tower of Moo and Kane (who I don't need as much lest I feel the need to farm for the mask, again). At this point, I pretty much need Frozen Tide boots and ALL my main characters' pets perfected, my current housing projects completed, and the companions I want on each character, and then I really won't need to spend anymore on Pirate.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crushcut For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-05-2020),Cody Nightblade (06-09-2020),Phenoixblizzard (06-06-2020),Willowdreamer (06-06-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast