HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Post Regarding the "Revive Pirate101" Thread

Wow. I've gotta say, y'all, I'm super impressed.

Let me just start off with the fact that I'm proud of all of you for standing up and demanding what is rightfully ours on the Revive Pirate101 thread on the main message boards. I wish I could say something in reply to everyone there, but I canceled my membership so I can't say anything on that platform (guess why ); however, I can post freely on here and that is what I'm doing now.

Secondly, I want to give thanks to Lookit Light and Darkmoordude for mentioning me, haha. Glad I'm still remembered by some.

Thirdly, I agree 100% with everything all the Pirates said on the main MB topic. We have been waiting four years only to hear the same old rhetoric of "Just a little longer... Just a little longer..." which turns into years spent listening to the same old canned response. To rephrase a line from Shakespeare's play, The Tempest, "You have often begun to tell [us], but stopp'd; and left [us] to a bootless inquisition, concluding, 'Stay: Not yet.'" That's precisely what KingsIsle is doing: leaving us to a bootless inquisition.

While I appreciate Bat Masterson's long-asked-for honesty and transparency in his most recent posts, we've been fishing for an honest answer for four years. While I understand that demanding for a book-sized update only, perhaps, one month after Valencia, Part II was released, then I understand that it's a bit too much to ask for, and thus KingsIsle's canned response of "We are currently in the works; just wait a little longer!" would be understandable. However, it's been four years since the last "update" - and I don't even know if I can count that as an update, as I think I finished it in less than a week.

I understand and know a business financial crisis when I see one, and I know when a lack of updates is simply because there are no resources, no employees, and no income or revenue coming in. I've played a game that was, for a time, in a severe financial crisis and couldn't procure a new update even after months - maybe even a year - of waiting. Even the smallest bug fixes weren't able to be fixed for a long time. I understand that - however, that is not, and I repeat, NOT the case with KingsIsle. KI certainly has no issues in procuring new Worlds in Wizard101 ever so frequently. If KingsIsle had financial issues, they couldn't be able to update either of their games - and that I understand. But there is no financial crisis other than the dwindling amount of paying members that have rightfully decided they don't want to pay for something that isn't benefiting them. How can we give our money to a corporation that doesn't give us what we want? How can we give our time to a corporation that doesn't give us the time of day? How can we trust a game that gives us empty promises that they break instantly?

And by broken promises, I'm not only referring to a lack of updates when KI clearly said it would happen "soon." No, I'm also referring to the want and need for players to see KI giving attention to Pirate101 in a way as simple and tiny as some gameplay in a KingsIsle Live - and that promise for KI to do so being completely demolished. While I don't blame Bat Masterson for our lack of updates, I do think it's clearly not right to publicly say and acknowledge that Pirate101 will get some gameplay time in KingsIsle Live, and then they don't even play Pirate101 in that livestream. If you watched the livestream, all they do is go back and forth between the developers and then, of course - you guessed it! - Wizard101 gameplay.

As any human being would know, for one to say they'll do something and then one doesn't do it can be called either of three things: a broken promise, a lie, or both. I call it both.

KingsIsle might have claimed once before that they focus on Wizard101 because more people play it, and thus, it is more popular. But they completely forget about and neglect the people that solely play Pirate101, like myself, and the people that play both but like Pirate101 immensely better. I've never played Wizard101 and I never plan to, but from the clips I've seen of KI developers playing Wizard101 in KingsIsle Live (back when I used to watch KI Live, of course), I personally think P101 can knock W101 out of the park with those piratical cannons of theirs. It's such a shame that KI doesn't care about good-quality games anymore like they used to.

On a more personal note, I was one of those players whose childhood was filled with Pirate101 memories. The very first time I saw a Pirate101 advertisement and logged on to play, I fell in love with the music, the graphics, the hilarious dialogue, and the immensely detailed characters whose voices are unique and distinct, and the memorable quotes that I can easily quote off the bat like a favorite movie or book. I was filled with excitement from the first time I got my own House to the gift of a Solar Saber from a friend to the day I fully leveled up my main Pirate and was jumping with giddiness throughout the entire day. I love this game more than any other game, and the creativity of KingsIsle is brilliant. Because of this love for the game, that is what angers me about KingsIsle's negligence of their excellent game and their paying customers. Not only does it anger me, but it also saddens me as well - it is truly sad to see such a great game die of hunger because KI's giving all the food to its sister game.

And to all those on the main message boards who are wondering where I am and why I just disappeared into nothingness, LOL, it's because I tried to make a goodbye post explaining that KingsIsle is doing absolutely nothing for this game, and thus, I won't give them any more incentive to keep doing nothing yet still get paid for it. However, they deleted/unapproved that post, so I tried making a second goodbye post, but they deleted that also. Figures.

The only thing holding me back from making this post on the main message boards right now is the fact that I have no membership, and I certainly won't for a long time until KingsIsle finally upholds their promises. If you are on both Central and the MB and you agree with this, I would love if you could post this on there in my stead just to let everyone on that thread, Revive Pirate101, know that I agree and am proud of them for standing up and finally demanding what is rightfully theirs. You go, Marauders!

Diverteix-te and Good Hunting,
    - Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler
    - Brave Kiley, Level 58 Buccaneer

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-24-2020),CompanionMechanics (06-21-2020),Crushcut (06-22-2020),FearlessGriffinD (06-21-2020),Kingurz (06-22-2020),monkeycrew (06-21-2020),Nojow (06-30-2020),Willowdreamer (06-22-2020)

FearlessGriffinD is offline Land Lubber
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Regarding the "Revive Pirate101" Thread

Totally agree. Definitely proud of all the peeps on the forums for finally standing up. Awesome job pirates!

"Welcome to the real world." - Morpheus

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessGriffinD For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-24-2020),HelpfulAuroraParker (06-21-2020),Willowdreamer (06-22-2020)

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Kingsisle about to sneak preview another update to wizard101 when we just had a recent update with Pets. Ki wont even add hoards or update the one we got but the near revamped all wizard101 at this point with super hoard or spellments. Kingisle simple showing we abandon this game and hitting the gas and moving forward like it never existed now there ruining wizard101 slowly with the wrong kind of focus.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbreaker For This Useful Post:

HelpfulAuroraParker (06-25-2020),Willowdreamer (06-25-2020)

HelpfulAuroraParker is offline Lookout
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    Kingsisle about to sneak preview another update to wizard101 when we just had a recent update with Pets. Ki wont even add hoards or update the one we got but the near revamped all wizard101 at this point with super hoard or spellments. Kingisle simple showing we abandon this game and hitting the gas and moving forward like it never existed now there ruining wizard101 slowly with the wrong kind of focus.
    Exactly. It's negligence and a lack of care, pure and simple.

HelpfulAuroraParker's Guide to Pet Names

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 70 Swashbuckler; Signature/Avatar by Dodger.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulAuroraParker For This Useful Post:

axel125 (06-25-2020),Crushcut (06-25-2020),Willowdreamer (06-26-2020)