haogaq is offline Rookie
    My Pirate101 Character is a Musketeer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Curious

Do rare loots from bosses have rng?

I was wondering if there is an actual percentage on the loot being dropped. For example, I was wondering if the Haywire Thunder Rifle has a chance of being 10 percent on being dropped from a creature.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to haogaq For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-27-2020)

LoyalDevinXavier is offline Land Lubber
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Sleepy

Re: Do rare loots from bosses have rng?

While I was farming Imperator's Panoply, I contacted Kingsisle about four times on what is the percentage to get Imperator's Panoply from Diskylos and all of the replies Kingsisle gave me were "If you're missing this item, please make sure to check your backpack, bank, and shared bank to try and find it " And it's the same message over and over. Kingsisle doesn't release drop rate percentage or any math of their game unfortunately, so it's sad. And getting the same automated message about me missing an item even though I clearly said I am farming, not missing an item, really ticked me off. I ended up getting it while helping a friend do the Labyrinth so it's fine, I just wish Kingsisle was more open about the statistics on their game.

If I were to give you a guess on the chance to get it, I'd say 5%
    How is my bag getting heavier when I'm adding lighters? The world is too confusing man.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoyalDevinXavier For This Useful Post:

Crushcut (08-27-2020)

Crushcut is offline Navigator
    My Pirate101 Character is a Privateer

• Crushcut's Pirate101 Stats
      •  Pirate's Name:
      •  Octavio
      •  Pirate's Class:
      •  Privateer
      •  Pirate's Level:
      •  Ship Type:
      •  [Is Unavailable]
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Blog Entries
    Bookworm

Re: Do rare loots from bosses have rng?

Unlike some other MMORPGs, neither 101 game has recorded or extracted info of every rare items' RNG percentage. As far as common knowledge goes, Decius is the one who programs the RNG percentage of drops, but even he won't exactly drop that information to anyone. At the end of the day, it all comes down to individual luck. Somehow I recently got a "Wrangler's Ring" after a few Johnny Ringo farming attempts AND my FIRST Schemer's Eyepatch from Tyler on my second farming run with him TODAY, but I have STILL have yet to get a piece of Imperial Moo Manchu gear from Tower of Moo Manchu since 2014. Sometimes other people get a "Kane's Mask" on their first try. A number of factors determine how soon or how late a rare item can drop for a lot of people.

As far as I am aware, "Manticore's Sting" seems to be the easiest equipment piece to drop for a lot of people. It's a totem which gives Weapon Power PLUS Repel Boarders for any buccaneer or privateer who rolls with that epic as part of their setup.
    Last edited by Crushcut; 08-27-2020 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar corrections