Thread: Hi everyone!

PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Hi everyone!

Dear Pirates

Here's a little bit about myself.

I'm really into the Pirate101 Revival movement, and I really do think that we can only move forward as a community if we believe in ourselves again. I actually decided to make this central account because a good friend of mine recently came back to the game and it's given me hope.

Thanks Zoe,

That being said, here's what will make this game great again and build it back better than before.

1. Integrating our lower level players into in game activities early. It's always the same story, players buy areas up to Santo Polo skyway and then quit the game forever. This is why I take extra care to reach of to people at this level. I have a privateer, witch, musket, and buck on separate accounts, and I have them for level 10, 20, 30, and 40. This brings me to my next point.

2. Since this game won't receive new worlds more than once every 4+ year, we can really only hope to build a community around it's end game activities. PvP in particular retains players in ways that wouldn't otherwise be possible. This is why I encourage everyone to give it a try and think about taking it seriously. I might also add that your gear, setups, and strategies haven't truly be tested until they've undergone scrutiny from competition, and that's what PvP provides. You can't just run away and call PvP toxic, it's our only hope at this point. Yes, you may want a world, but we won't get that unless we can grow the player base.

3. Pets, this is the other end game activities that retains players, maybe not to the extent at which PvP does, but the infinite possibilities they provide has kept me logging on every day to train them. The fact that pets mold strategies instead of conforming them is another thing that makes them so much fun. Recently I invented true grit 3 buccaneer because of a pet, and back in 2015 I started the Hybrid Melee musketeer trend. Quentin has his own unique pet and it's probably the main thing he's known for other than being a summon spammer free rank when he used to queue up in the brawling hall. Pets, are so much fun, and I'm certain that they'll do a lot to help us attract and retain and ever growing player base.

That being said I have a 5 year plan based around these points, and I don't expect this game to merely go back to what it was like in 2013. There is so much more this game can accomplish!

Napoleguin,

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearsomeRubberDucky For This Useful Post:

RealDux (10-25-2020),Willowdreamer (10-24-2020)

Willowdreamer is online now Wiki Master
    My Pirate101 Character is a Witchdoctor
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold
    Fine

Re: Hi everyone!

Ahoy and Welcome Aboard!

It's nice to see someone new arriving.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowdreamer For This Useful Post:

RealDux (10-25-2020)

Kingurz is offline Deckhand
    My Pirate101 Character is a Swashbuckler
    PvP Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Thanks (Received)
    Gold

Re: Hi everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by FearsomeRubberDucky View Post
    2. Since this game won't receive new worlds more than once every 4+ year, we can really only hope to build a community around it's end game activities. PvP in particular retains players in ways that wouldn't otherwise be possible. This is why I encourage everyone to give it a try and think about taking it seriously. I might also add that your gear, setups, and strategies haven't truly be tested until they've undergone scrutiny from competition, and that's what PvP provides. You can't just run away and call PvP toxic, it's our only hope at this point. Yes, you may want a world, but we won't get that unless we can grow the player base.
    Napoleguin,
    Napoleguin,

It's not that KI won't add new worlds, it is that they have stated they won't provide ANY updates through 2020 and unknown beyond that. This includes very small and easy updates like adding the old PvP champion weapons back into the rotation that has been requested numerous times over the past two years, acknowledged by KI early this year.......but still hasn't been added. It's really hard to incenticentize players to PvP with those current terrible rewards in the PvP redemption store. The only hope on the PvP front is Central or the community hosting their own tournaments with Crowns or similar prizes.